impending free agent
Jan 24, 2012, 11:14 AM EDT
Stuart could have his eyes on going back to California after this season.
Jul 1, 2011, 11:39 AM EDT
The Blue Jackets continue to make the big splash this offseason and ponied up big time for defenseman James Wisniewski.
Jul 1, 2011, 11:07 AM EDT
With Christian Ehrhoff gone to Buffalo, the Canucks are keeping Sami Salo around a little bit longer on defense.
Jun 29, 2011, 6:04 PM EDT
The Islanders took a chance at acquiring Christian Ehrhoff’s rights… That chance didn’t play out well for them.
Jun 29, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
Columbus is putting themselves into position to sign impending free agent James Wisniewski after trading with Montreal for his rights.
Carolina re-signs Chad LaRose to two-year deal; Erik Cole and Jussi Jokinen ready to hit free agency?
Jun 29, 2011, 1:41 PM EDT
Carolina is keeping part of the band together re-signing Chad LaRose. Whether they’ll be able to bring back Erik Cole and Jussi Jokinen is another question.
Jun 28, 2011, 9:04 PM EDT
The Canucks and Christian Ehrhoff were having a hard time agreeing on a new deal. Now they’ve sent him to the Islanders to see if they can have any luck signing the potential unrestricted free agent.
Jun 28, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
The Caps are keeping the heart and soul guy Brooks Laich around for six more years at an incredible price. This year’s free agent crop gets a lot less interesting because of that.
Jun 23, 2011, 7:15 PM EDT
The Flyers stayed busy this afternoon locking up goalie Ilya Bryzgalov to a monster contract to be the Flyers goalie for the next nine years.
Apr 21, 2011, 5:51 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov is an impending unrestricted free agent and he’s made a good home in Phoenix. If the team moves to Winnipeg next year, they shouldn’t count on having him return to the team.
Apr 13, 2011, 6:25 PM EDT
On July 1, Dallas forward and offensive stud Brad Richards is set to become an unrestricted free agent and the Stars’ situation in Dallas isn’t making it likely that he’ll want to stay there.
Feb 18, 2011, 11:13 AM EDT
Two teams that appear destined to miss the playoffs are swapping their starting goalies. If this confuses you why it would happen, join the club.
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 0
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 22
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)