impending free agent
Jan 24, 2012, 11:14 AM EDT
Stuart could have his eyes on going back to California after this season.
Jul 1, 2011, 11:39 AM EDT
The Blue Jackets continue to make the big splash this offseason and ponied up big time for defenseman James Wisniewski.
Jul 1, 2011, 11:07 AM EDT
With Christian Ehrhoff gone to Buffalo, the Canucks are keeping Sami Salo around a little bit longer on defense.
Jun 29, 2011, 6:04 PM EDT
The Islanders took a chance at acquiring Christian Ehrhoff’s rights… That chance didn’t play out well for them.
Jun 29, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
Columbus is putting themselves into position to sign impending free agent James Wisniewski after trading with Montreal for his rights.
Carolina re-signs Chad LaRose to two-year deal; Erik Cole and Jussi Jokinen ready to hit free agency?
Jun 29, 2011, 1:41 PM EDT
Carolina is keeping part of the band together re-signing Chad LaRose. Whether they’ll be able to bring back Erik Cole and Jussi Jokinen is another question.
Jun 28, 2011, 9:04 PM EDT
The Canucks and Christian Ehrhoff were having a hard time agreeing on a new deal. Now they’ve sent him to the Islanders to see if they can have any luck signing the potential unrestricted free agent.
Jun 28, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
The Caps are keeping the heart and soul guy Brooks Laich around for six more years at an incredible price. This year’s free agent crop gets a lot less interesting because of that.
Jun 23, 2011, 7:15 PM EDT
The Flyers stayed busy this afternoon locking up goalie Ilya Bryzgalov to a monster contract to be the Flyers goalie for the next nine years.
Apr 21, 2011, 5:51 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov is an impending unrestricted free agent and he’s made a good home in Phoenix. If the team moves to Winnipeg next year, they shouldn’t count on having him return to the team.
Apr 13, 2011, 6:25 PM EDT
On July 1, Dallas forward and offensive stud Brad Richards is set to become an unrestricted free agent and the Stars’ situation in Dallas isn’t making it likely that he’ll want to stay there.
Feb 18, 2011, 11:13 AM EDT
Two teams that appear destined to miss the playoffs are swapping their starting goalies. If this confuses you why it would happen, join the club.
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 0
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 34
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 15
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (59)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)