Nov 18, 2011, 4:51 PM EDT
Winnipeg to take time, see if he really means it.
Nov 18, 2011, 9:57 AM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov lets his play do the smack talking back at Derek Morris and Adrian Aucoin but comes off sounding a little sad that his former mates took verbal shots at him.
Nov 18, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
We might never see Nikita Filatov in the NHL again but now we’ll have a great story about a bust draft pick to go with him. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 16, 2011, 6:25 PM EDT
Flyers netminder to face his former club tomorrow.
Nov 14, 2011, 1:07 PM EDT
“It’s just life, it is what it is.”
Nov 9, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
Philadelphia could get a welcome face back in the lineup against Tampa Bay in Chris Pronger. He’ll have to keep his shielded eyes on Steven Stamkos to help Philly win.
Nov 3, 2011, 12:43 AM EDT
After earning his third consecutive win by stopping 39 shots, the hockey world might be forced to consider changing its stance on Mike Smith.
Nov 2, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
Two classic rivals get reacquainted in Buffalo with the Sabres and Flyers both looking to stay strong.
Nov 1, 2011, 1:56 PM EDT
Wow, that sure didn’t last long.
Nov 1, 2011, 11:29 AM EDT
Scott Hartnell started the year off hated by Flyers fans. He’s looking pretty good on a new line now.
Oct 31, 2011, 2:11 PM EDT
The strange saga of Bryzgalov’s imposed media silence took another turn this afternoon.
Oct 31, 2011, 9:46 AM EDT
Why you heff to be quiet, Bryz?
Oct 30, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
It should have been good enough for Pekka Rinne to earn his 100th win in his career in a Predators jersey. But he went further and set the franchise’s record for most shutouts on the same night. We take a look at Rinne’s night and much more in our Morning Skate full of links.
Oct 29, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
As if things weren’t already sad enough for the Flyers of late, now they’ll be without Daniel Briere tonight.
Oct 28, 2011, 8:43 AM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov was brutally honest about how badly he’s playing after last night’s 9-8 loss to Winnipeg.
Oct 26, 2011, 10:27 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo and Ilya Bryzgalov have a surprising amount of things in common, but it’s not all about their big contracts anymore.
Oct 23, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov might be doing all right in Philly, but he’s having some issues early in communicating with his defensemen.
Oct 22, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov said he’s happy with the Flyers’ team results, but isn’t so pleased with his own work so far.
Oct 20, 2011, 9:50 PM EDT
Tonight’s marquee showdown turned into a one-sided butt-kicking by the Caps much in thanks to Alex Ovechkin and Tomas Vokoun.
Oct 20, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
Oct 12, 2011, 11:10 PM EDT
Claude Giroux, Ilya Bryzgalov and the rest of the remodeled Flyers are making GM Paul Holmgren look like a mad genius through their first three games of the 2011-12 season.
Oct 9, 2011, 2:17 AM EDT
When you allow 52 shots in a game, you can’t blame it all on your goalie. The sad facts show that Mike Smith’s goaltending isn’t the only problem for the Coyotes, who dropped a 6-3 loss to the Sharks that wasn’t even that close.
Oct 8, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Losing Ilya Bryzgalov in the offseason created a huge hole between the pipes for the Phoenix Coyotes. Does the organization really think that Mike Smith can fill the void left by the star Russian netminder? Absolutely.
Oct 6, 2011, 11:05 PM EDT
After allowing a tough first goal, Ilya Bryzgalov buckled down for a 22-save win.
Sep 28, 2011, 10:15 PM EDT
The Flyers could be Stanley Cup finalists… Or they could be in a fight to make the playoffs. Lots of things can go right or wrong in Philly but no matter what, it’ll be the soap opera everyone will watch.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)