Jun 11, 2012, 10:59 AM EST
Niklas Kronwall is now their top defenseman.
Apr 15, 2012, 2:19 AM EST
Detroit, Nashville series is tied at 1-1 going into Sunday’s contest in Detroit.
Apr 13, 2012, 8:26 PM EST
Wings move on after the scrap and take an early lead.
Apr 12, 2012, 7:44 PM EST
Vancouver forward steamrolled Kyle Clifford on Wednesday.
Apr 12, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
Canucks forward was tossed from Wednesday’s game vs. LA for boarding Kyle Clifford.
Mar 14, 2012, 9:50 PM EST
He is quick to give Doughty credit for a goal during Tuesday’s game.
Feb 28, 2012, 11:48 AM EST
Two minor league defensemen will suit up tonight against Columbus.
Feb 22, 2012, 5:30 PM EST
Probably explains why so many players have gone through there recently.
Feb 21, 2012, 4:57 PM EST
Steve Downie to Colorado, Kyle Quincey to Detroit, first-round pick to Tampa.
Feb 6, 2012, 9:38 PM EST
Almost 20 percent of his career goals have come on the PK.
Jan 23, 2012, 12:17 PM EST
Wings are just four wins away from tying all-time NHL mark.
Jan 14, 2012, 3:09 PM EST
Discuss the game in the comments section.
Nov 13, 2011, 5:48 PM EST
Mike Commodore to play Tuesday.
Oct 17, 2011, 7:45 AM EST
The Wings are off to an undefeated start and their lone offseason pickup, Ian White, is filling in the gap for the retired Brian Rafalski.
Oct 3, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
Once again, the Wings have the talent to not only make the playoffs, but do some damage once they get there. With Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Lidstrom around for yet another season, just how deep can the winged-wheel go this season?
Sep 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Talk about signing with the right team. After signing with the Detroit Red Wings as a free agent in the offseason, Ian White will be paired with Nicklas Lidstrom on the blueline.
Sep 13, 2011, 10:11 AM EST
Jonathan Ericsson may have been a starter for Detroit last season, but he wasn’t lighting the world on fire with his play. The Red Wings will need him to live up to the hype and fast.
Sep 2, 2011, 3:08 PM EST
The Red Wings are hoping to get negotiations started with Niklas Kronwall soon, which is a good idea because Detroit’s defense could be in a state of flux next summer if Nicklas Lidstorm retires.
Aug 11, 2011, 11:45 AM EST
With Brian Rafalski out of the picture because of his retirement, the Red Wings might witness a battle between Ian White and Jonathan Ericsson for time in the team’s top two defensive pairings.
Jul 2, 2011, 5:03 PM EST
The Red Wings hope to replace some of Brian Rafalski’s production by committee. Signing former Sharks defenseman Ian White could help them do that.
May 14, 2011, 5:13 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks managed to get the Western Conference finals thanks to their many strengths, but what one flaw could be fatal in Round 3? This post features our guess, along with input via Mr. Plank from Fear the Fin.
May 1, 2011, 4:13 PM EST
Penalties for everyone in the first, but the Sharks take control thanks to Ian White’s power play goal and lead 1-0 after one.
Apr 19, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
Another day, another baffling set of decisions from NHL disciplinarian Colin Campbell. This time, the Wheel of Justice came up the same for both Steve Downie and Chris Kunitz on very different plays.
Apr 16, 2011, 9:18 PM EST
San Jose’s Ian White is feeling positive after being knocked out by Jarret Stoll’s hit from behind and he’s looking forward to playing more playoff hockey.
Apr 15, 2011, 5:35 PM EST
The Kings will be without Jarret Stoll for Game 2 of their series with San Jose as the NHL suspended him for one game for his hit on Sharks defenseman Ian White. Is it finally Brayden Schenn time in L.A.?
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)