Oct 7, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
He’s out after missing the playoffs last year and a 0-3-0 start this season.
Aug 18, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
His toughness hasn’t faded after retirement.
Dec 22, 2012, 3:50 PM EDT
He and other Flyers appear in “This Is 40.”
Jun 29, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
Two familiar faces get gigs in the Philadelphia organization.
Jun 19, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
“We’ve kept him involved,” GM Paul Holmgren said.
Jun 12, 2012, 5:53 PM EDT
The 2011 Bill Masterton Trophy winner hangs it up after a lengthy career.
Jun 8, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Not unexpected news.
Apr 27, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
Philadelphia won the regular season series 3-2-1.
Apr 15, 2012, 2:23 AM EDT
Philly has taken a 2-0 series lead.
Mar 14, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
His return to the NHL has exceeded just about everyone’s expectations.
Feb 5, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
The Flyers had twice as many fights as goals today.
Dec 21, 2011, 3:30 AM EDT
This post is part of a series looking at the issue and impact of concussions in the NHL. ProHockeyTalk and Comcast SportsNet are featuring pieces today as a lead-in to tonight’s special edition of NHL Live on Versus (6:30 p.m. EST.)
Dec 16, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
The Flyers could have a salary cap problem if Pronger is forced out of the game.
Oct 25, 2011, 11:45 AM EDT
So what’s it going to take to get visors to be made mandatory in the NHL?
Oct 9, 2011, 10:05 PM EDT
Blair Betts being returned to Philadelphia has more than a few side effects for the Flyers they’ll have to square away.
Aug 24, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
Judd Apatow enlisted Ian Laperriere for a false teeth-related gag, so the injured Flyers grinder brought Scott Hartnell, James van Riemsdyk and Matt Carle along for the ride.
Jul 19, 2011, 3:14 PM EDT
The Flyers have some bonuses they have to pay off against the salary cap this year, does this mean there are some unexpected moves to be made to clear cap space?
Jun 23, 2011, 1:53 AM EDT
Perseverance through hardship in the NHL is a most honorable thing and Flyers forward Ian Laperriere’s battle with post-concussion problems made him this year’s winner of the Masterton Trophy.
Apr 26, 2011, 12:27 PM EDT
The NHL named three players for its annual award for perseverance: Ray Emery, Daymond Langkow and Ian Laperriere. Vote in the poll to tell us who deserves to win the Masterton Trophy.
Mar 16, 2011, 4:02 PM EDT
The NHL’s new protocol for how to handle a player that may or may not have suffered a concussion from a hit goes into effect tonight.
Dec 13, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
The Flyers are in the unenviable position of literally not being able to afford injuries to anyone on their current roster.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 55
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 3
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)