Oct 7, 2013, 9:45 AM EST
He’s out after missing the playoffs last year and a 0-3-0 start this season.
Aug 18, 2013, 8:44 PM EST
His toughness hasn’t faded after retirement.
Dec 22, 2012, 3:50 PM EST
He and other Flyers appear in “This Is 40.”
Jun 29, 2012, 4:13 PM EST
Two familiar faces get gigs in the Philadelphia organization.
Jun 19, 2012, 1:40 PM EST
“We’ve kept him involved,” GM Paul Holmgren said.
Jun 12, 2012, 5:53 PM EST
The 2011 Bill Masterton Trophy winner hangs it up after a lengthy career.
Jun 8, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
Not unexpected news.
Apr 27, 2012, 10:29 PM EST
Philadelphia won the regular season series 3-2-1.
Apr 15, 2012, 2:23 AM EST
Philly has taken a 2-0 series lead.
Mar 14, 2012, 4:48 PM EST
His return to the NHL has exceeded just about everyone’s expectations.
Feb 5, 2012, 6:28 PM EST
The Flyers had twice as many fights as goals today.
Dec 21, 2011, 3:30 AM EST
This post is part of a series looking at the issue and impact of concussions in the NHL. ProHockeyTalk and Comcast SportsNet are featuring pieces today as a lead-in to tonight’s special edition of NHL Live on Versus (6:30 p.m. EST.)
Dec 16, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
The Flyers could have a salary cap problem if Pronger is forced out of the game.
Oct 25, 2011, 11:45 AM EST
So what’s it going to take to get visors to be made mandatory in the NHL?
Oct 9, 2011, 10:05 PM EST
Blair Betts being returned to Philadelphia has more than a few side effects for the Flyers they’ll have to square away.
Aug 24, 2011, 3:13 PM EST
Judd Apatow enlisted Ian Laperriere for a false teeth-related gag, so the injured Flyers grinder brought Scott Hartnell, James van Riemsdyk and Matt Carle along for the ride.
Jul 19, 2011, 3:14 PM EST
The Flyers have some bonuses they have to pay off against the salary cap this year, does this mean there are some unexpected moves to be made to clear cap space?
Jun 23, 2011, 1:53 AM EST
Perseverance through hardship in the NHL is a most honorable thing and Flyers forward Ian Laperriere’s battle with post-concussion problems made him this year’s winner of the Masterton Trophy.
Apr 26, 2011, 12:27 PM EST
The NHL named three players for its annual award for perseverance: Ray Emery, Daymond Langkow and Ian Laperriere. Vote in the poll to tell us who deserves to win the Masterton Trophy.
Mar 16, 2011, 4:02 PM EST
The NHL’s new protocol for how to handle a player that may or may not have suffered a concussion from a hit goes into effect tonight.
Dec 13, 2010, 8:45 PM EST
The Flyers are in the unenviable position of literally not being able to afford injuries to anyone on their current roster.
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 3
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 14
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 31
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 5
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 69
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 64
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 32
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)