home ice advantage
Apr 25, 2012, 8:15 PM EST
Coming into tonight, Western Conference away squads are 14-7 in the 2012 playoffs.
Apr 15, 2012, 12:11 PM EST
The past two years at Staples Center haven’t been kind.
Apr 4, 2012, 11:23 PM EST
Detroit ends Brian Elliott’s shutout streak in wild fashion.
Mar 31, 2012, 6:29 PM EST
A shootout loss to Ottawa puts the Flyers three points back of Pittsburgh for fourth.
Mar 30, 2012, 10:25 PM EST
Predators open up a one-point lead in likely fourth vs. fifth seed matchup.
Mar 28, 2012, 10:47 PM EST
Detroit losing a big one for home ice in the first round.
Dec 16, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
If this shot came in basketball you’d have to call “bank” to make it count.
Jun 14, 2011, 10:16 AM EST
It’s almost had to be this way with these two teams. The fact that both teams have played so well at home says something about both teams but it’s not exactly shining.
Jun 13, 2011, 11:52 AM EST
If you think that the Bruins success at home against Vancouver so far in this series will spur them on tonight, think again.
Jun 11, 2011, 10:43 AM EST
Among the five thoughts we’ve got today are how the importance of home ice has made itself more than evident in the Stanley Cup finals.
Jun 6, 2011, 5:36 PM EST
The first two games of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals took place in Vancouver, resulting in narrow wins for the Canucks. Could the advantages of being at home help the Bruins swing the balance in Boston? Some numbers indicate they might have a chance.
Apr 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Home ice advantage is apparently a joke in the NHL playoffs this year. Speaking of jokes, hey the Flyers goaltending everyone. Those thoughts plus more on Tyler Ennis, David Legwand, and Jordin Tootoo.
Apr 7, 2011, 7:02 PM EST
On this week’s “Ask The Expert” with Mike Milbury, Mike answers your questions on the importance of home ice in the playoffs as well as answering your questions about the future of the Devils and Islanders.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 14
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11