home ice advantage
Apr 25, 2012, 8:15 PM EDT
Coming into tonight, Western Conference away squads are 14-7 in the 2012 playoffs.
Apr 15, 2012, 12:11 PM EDT
The past two years at Staples Center haven’t been kind.
Apr 4, 2012, 11:23 PM EDT
Detroit ends Brian Elliott’s shutout streak in wild fashion.
Mar 31, 2012, 6:29 PM EDT
A shootout loss to Ottawa puts the Flyers three points back of Pittsburgh for fourth.
Mar 30, 2012, 10:25 PM EDT
Predators open up a one-point lead in likely fourth vs. fifth seed matchup.
Mar 28, 2012, 10:47 PM EDT
Detroit losing a big one for home ice in the first round.
Dec 16, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
If this shot came in basketball you’d have to call “bank” to make it count.
Jun 14, 2011, 10:16 AM EDT
It’s almost had to be this way with these two teams. The fact that both teams have played so well at home says something about both teams but it’s not exactly shining.
Jun 13, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
If you think that the Bruins success at home against Vancouver so far in this series will spur them on tonight, think again.
Jun 11, 2011, 10:43 AM EDT
Among the five thoughts we’ve got today are how the importance of home ice has made itself more than evident in the Stanley Cup finals.
Jun 6, 2011, 5:36 PM EDT
The first two games of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals took place in Vancouver, resulting in narrow wins for the Canucks. Could the advantages of being at home help the Bruins swing the balance in Boston? Some numbers indicate they might have a chance.
Apr 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Home ice advantage is apparently a joke in the NHL playoffs this year. Speaking of jokes, hey the Flyers goaltending everyone. Those thoughts plus more on Tyler Ennis, David Legwand, and Jordin Tootoo.
Apr 7, 2011, 7:02 PM EDT
On this week’s “Ask The Expert” with Mike Milbury, Mike answers your questions on the importance of home ice in the playoffs as well as answering your questions about the future of the Devils and Islanders.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)