home ice advantage
Apr 25, 2012, 8:15 PM EST
Coming into tonight, Western Conference away squads are 14-7 in the 2012 playoffs.
Apr 15, 2012, 12:11 PM EST
The past two years at Staples Center haven’t been kind.
Apr 4, 2012, 11:23 PM EST
Detroit ends Brian Elliott’s shutout streak in wild fashion.
Mar 31, 2012, 6:29 PM EST
A shootout loss to Ottawa puts the Flyers three points back of Pittsburgh for fourth.
Mar 30, 2012, 10:25 PM EST
Predators open up a one-point lead in likely fourth vs. fifth seed matchup.
Mar 28, 2012, 10:47 PM EST
Detroit losing a big one for home ice in the first round.
Dec 16, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
If this shot came in basketball you’d have to call “bank” to make it count.
Jun 14, 2011, 10:16 AM EST
It’s almost had to be this way with these two teams. The fact that both teams have played so well at home says something about both teams but it’s not exactly shining.
Jun 13, 2011, 11:52 AM EST
If you think that the Bruins success at home against Vancouver so far in this series will spur them on tonight, think again.
Jun 11, 2011, 10:43 AM EST
Among the five thoughts we’ve got today are how the importance of home ice has made itself more than evident in the Stanley Cup finals.
Jun 6, 2011, 5:36 PM EST
The first two games of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals took place in Vancouver, resulting in narrow wins for the Canucks. Could the advantages of being at home help the Bruins swing the balance in Boston? Some numbers indicate they might have a chance.
Apr 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Home ice advantage is apparently a joke in the NHL playoffs this year. Speaking of jokes, hey the Flyers goaltending everyone. Those thoughts plus more on Tyler Ennis, David Legwand, and Jordin Tootoo.
Apr 7, 2011, 7:02 PM EST
On this week’s “Ask The Expert” with Mike Milbury, Mike answers your questions on the importance of home ice in the playoffs as well as answering your questions about the future of the Devils and Islanders.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)