home ice advantage
May 28, 2015, 8:58 PM EDT
Victor Hedman: “We’re prepared for this.”
Apr 25, 2012, 8:15 PM EDT
Coming into tonight, Western Conference away squads are 14-7 in the 2012 playoffs.
Apr 15, 2012, 12:11 PM EDT
The past two years at Staples Center haven’t been kind.
Apr 4, 2012, 11:23 PM EDT
Detroit ends Brian Elliott’s shutout streak in wild fashion.
Mar 31, 2012, 6:29 PM EDT
A shootout loss to Ottawa puts the Flyers three points back of Pittsburgh for fourth.
Mar 30, 2012, 10:25 PM EDT
Predators open up a one-point lead in likely fourth vs. fifth seed matchup.
Mar 28, 2012, 10:47 PM EDT
Detroit losing a big one for home ice in the first round.
Dec 16, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
If this shot came in basketball you’d have to call “bank” to make it count.
Jun 14, 2011, 10:16 AM EDT
It’s almost had to be this way with these two teams. The fact that both teams have played so well at home says something about both teams but it’s not exactly shining.
Jun 13, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
If you think that the Bruins success at home against Vancouver so far in this series will spur them on tonight, think again.
Jun 11, 2011, 10:43 AM EDT
Among the five thoughts we’ve got today are how the importance of home ice has made itself more than evident in the Stanley Cup finals.
Jun 6, 2011, 5:36 PM EDT
The first two games of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals took place in Vancouver, resulting in narrow wins for the Canucks. Could the advantages of being at home help the Bruins swing the balance in Boston? Some numbers indicate they might have a chance.
Apr 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Home ice advantage is apparently a joke in the NHL playoffs this year. Speaking of jokes, hey the Flyers goaltending everyone. Those thoughts plus more on Tyler Ennis, David Legwand, and Jordin Tootoo.
Apr 7, 2011, 7:02 PM EDT
On this week’s “Ask The Expert” with Mike Milbury, Mike answers your questions on the importance of home ice in the playoffs as well as answering your questions about the future of the Devils and Islanders.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)