Hockey Hall of Fame
Mar 27, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
Changes to the bylaws allow the Philly defenseman to be inducted.
Nov 18, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
He’s the highest scoring American-born player.
Nov 17, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Scored 249 goals and 885 points over 13 NHL seasons.
Nov 17, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
The six-time All Star won the Norris Trophy and the Stanley Cup.
Nov 17, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Pat was a three-time winner of the Jack Adams Award and won the Stanley Cup in 2003.
Aug 11, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
The franchise leader in games played, goals, assists and points by a defenseman to have his No. 4 raised to the rafters.
Nov 11, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
The Russian Rocket’s career was too short-lived.
Nov 11, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
No Stanley Cup? No problem.
Jul 11, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
Modano’s the all-time leading scorer among American-born NHLers.
Jun 26, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Pavel Bure was a surprising choice, but received the backing of a fellow Hall of Famer.
Jun 25, 2012, 2:33 PM EDT
Joe Sakic headlines a star-studded field.
Nov 15, 2011, 7:54 AM EDT
The guys on Versus discuss what made this year’s induction class to the Hockey Hall of Fame such a great group to remember.
Nov 14, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Doug Gilmour, Joe Nieuwendyk, Mark Howe and Ed Belfour hit the red carpet tonight.
Oct 25, 2011, 6:45 PM EDT
No. 27 wants to be enshrined as a member of the team that drafted him third overall in 1991.
Sep 25, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
Pat Burns’ family, friends and proponents will have to wait and see if he will be posthumously inducted into the Hall of Fame, but they won’t have to wait to honor his memory. Pat Burns Arena officially opened today about 10 months after the three-time Jack Adams Award recipient lost his battle with cancer on…
Jun 28, 2011, 5:38 PM EDT
While there’s already a healthy waiting list of players more than eligible for the Hockey Hall of Fame, it’s sure to grow a bit longer in the future as the classes of newly eligible players are only going to get better.
Jun 28, 2011, 2:36 PM EDT
Despite being one of the most important players in Los Angeles Kings history and impressive career statistics, Rogie Vachon has repeatedly been snubbed by the Hall of Fame.
Jun 28, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
Ed Belfour, Joe Nieuwendyk, Doug Gilmour and Adam Oates received the most theoretical Hockey Hall of Fame votes among PHT staffers, hockey bloggers and media experts.
Jun 28, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Seven hockey bloggers share their four hypothetical picks for induction into the 2011 Hockey Hall of Fame.
May 30, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Even at 43 years old, Mark Recchi manages to be a useful forward for the Bruins. Does he deserve to become a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame once he retires, though? Let us know in the poll.
Nov 29, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
The hockey world (along with friends and family) will mourn the death of Pat Burns during his funeral this afternoon.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)