May 28, 2011, 2:11 PM EDT
The Bruins have won the vast majority of their games against the Canucks in the two team’s historical rivalry.
May 27, 2011, 9:28 PM EDT
On the 18th anniversary of a missed high sticking penalty from Wayne Gretzky on Doug Gilmour, retired NHL official Kerry Fraser discusses that missed call.
May 26, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Did Kirk MacLean conjure the future spirit of Roberto Luongo in 1994? We study that question and many others by comparing the 1993-94 Canucks to the 2010-11 version.
May 18, 2011, 5:21 PM EDT
With all of the Tyler Seguin hype in mind, the Hockey News provided list of the 10 best rookie playoff performances of all-time.
May 18, 2011, 12:35 AM EDT
This post includes more perspective on Tyler Seguin’s special night, including his own feedback, highlights and where his game fits in playoff history.
May 16, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Sean Bergenheim’s goal scoring surge makes him the latest player to earn a star-making playoff run out of nowhere. This post looks at his run along with other memorably unexpected streaks and includes a great Versus video on that topic.
May 14, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
15 years ago, Martin St. Louis and Tim Thomas helped the University of Vermont make its first Frozen Four. Now they are the biggest obstacles in each others’ paths to a Stanley Cup finals appearance.
May 5, 2011, 10:19 PM EDT
It’s natural to compare this year’s Lightning to the team that won the Cup in 2004. We took that one step further by casting current players in the roles of that championship team.
Apr 28, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT
Do you have the sinking feeling that the 2011 first rounds really was one of the best in ages? The NHL released some stats that back up your instincts.
Apr 26, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
The Flyers are familiar with adversity and have a positive record in Game 7 contests while the Sabres must overcome a history marked with few successes in these games. Read all about it in this post.
Apr 25, 2011, 8:48 PM EDT
It’s easy to criticize the Flyers’ front office for “ignoring” the goalie position, but decade after decade of success shows that they know what they’re doing.
- Shocked Ducks: Toews forces OT with two goals in final two minutes 0
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)