May 28, 2011, 2:11 PM EST
The Bruins have won the vast majority of their games against the Canucks in the two team’s historical rivalry.
May 27, 2011, 9:28 PM EST
On the 18th anniversary of a missed high sticking penalty from Wayne Gretzky on Doug Gilmour, retired NHL official Kerry Fraser discusses that missed call.
May 26, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Did Kirk MacLean conjure the future spirit of Roberto Luongo in 1994? We study that question and many others by comparing the 1993-94 Canucks to the 2010-11 version.
May 18, 2011, 5:21 PM EST
With all of the Tyler Seguin hype in mind, the Hockey News provided list of the 10 best rookie playoff performances of all-time.
May 18, 2011, 12:35 AM EST
This post includes more perspective on Tyler Seguin’s special night, including his own feedback, highlights and where his game fits in playoff history.
May 16, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
Sean Bergenheim’s goal scoring surge makes him the latest player to earn a star-making playoff run out of nowhere. This post looks at his run along with other memorably unexpected streaks and includes a great Versus video on that topic.
May 14, 2011, 4:13 PM EST
15 years ago, Martin St. Louis and Tim Thomas helped the University of Vermont make its first Frozen Four. Now they are the biggest obstacles in each others’ paths to a Stanley Cup finals appearance.
May 5, 2011, 10:19 PM EST
It’s natural to compare this year’s Lightning to the team that won the Cup in 2004. We took that one step further by casting current players in the roles of that championship team.
Apr 28, 2011, 2:40 PM EST
Do you have the sinking feeling that the 2011 first rounds really was one of the best in ages? The NHL released some stats that back up your instincts.
Apr 26, 2011, 3:29 PM EST
The Flyers are familiar with adversity and have a positive record in Game 7 contests while the Sabres must overcome a history marked with few successes in these games. Read all about it in this post.
Apr 25, 2011, 8:48 PM EST
It’s easy to criticize the Flyers’ front office for “ignoring” the goalie position, but decade after decade of success shows that they know what they’re doing.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)