Jun 7, 2012, 8:15 AM EDT
One of the sport’s strangest moments gets a punctuation mark.
May 16, 2012, 12:21 AM EDT
Road wins and hat tricks.
Apr 24, 2012, 12:46 AM EDT
He’s been through a lot with the Coyotes.
Apr 18, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
Yup, this series has already broken a record or two.
Mar 29, 2012, 9:03 PM EDT
The post-lockout era has been ravaged by poor netminding and rough luck.
Mar 26, 2012, 10:33 PM EDT
… And spotlight the gulf between their franchise and the Blue Jackets’ in the process.
Mar 2, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Their friendship runs deep.
Feb 29, 2012, 1:39 AM EDT
Philly hasn’t won in San Jose since Nov. 5, 1999.
Aug 29, 2011, 11:11 PM EDT
Here’s a look at how the Anaheim Ducks, Dallas Stars and Florida Panthers fared since they came into existence in 1993.
Jul 22, 2011, 5:21 PM EDT
Check out the freshly unveiled new Winnipeg Jets logo then let us know what you think by voting in the poll or sharing your thoughts in the comments.
Jul 22, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT
Evander Kane hopes to get Bobby Hull’s blessing to wear No. 9 with the Winnipeg Jets, as Hull did when he dominated the WHA in the mid-to-late ’70s.
Jul 20, 2011, 12:39 PM EDT
Reports indicate that Patrick Lalime will retire from the NHL. This post discusses his highest and lowest moments in the NHL, revealing an overachieving career.
Jul 12, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
Here are a few quick hits from around the NHL.
Jul 4, 2011, 3:51 PM EDT
With America on the brain during this holiday, we must ask: has there ever been a better time for U.S. born goaltenders?
Jun 18, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Zdeno Chara delivered on his goal when he came to Boston five years ago: to win a Stanley Cup.
Jun 15, 2011, 11:53 PM EDT
While most people were expecting Tim Thomas to win the Conn Smythe Trophy whether he won or lost, pitching a 37-save shutout in Game 7 solidified his historic run. Read more about his journey (and the many records he broke along the way) in this post.
Jun 14, 2011, 1:56 PM EDT
The Bruins and Canucks will play in the 16th Game 7 in Stanley Cup finals history on Wednesday night. Let’s take a look at how the other 15 turned out.
Jun 14, 2011, 4:25 AM EDT
With just one save, Tim Thomas will pass former Canucks goalie Kirk McLean’s all-time mark for saves in a single playoff year (they’re currently locked up at 761). As impressive as that record might be, the flamboyant Bruins goalie hopes to surpass him in a more profound way by winning Game 7, too.
Jun 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Tim Thomas is putting together the kind of run that is drawing comparisons to the best work of Patrick Roy and Dominik Hasek. If you look at the numbers (and his highlight reel saves) it’s clear that those comparisons aren’t out of order.
Jun 12, 2011, 9:48 PM EDT
A lack of toughness doesn’t explain the Sedin twins’ Stanley Cup finals struggles. Instead, it’s an abundance of a tough minutes against Zdeno Chara and the tough task of beating Tim Thomas that stands in their way.
Jun 12, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
Obviously, winning the Stanley Cup is fantastic in the short term. That being said, there are actually some downsides to reaching the ultimate goal in hockey.
Jun 5, 2011, 5:01 PM EDT
Mark Recchi’s Game 2 goal didn’t win the Bruins the game, but it did break a record. He became the oldest player to score a Stanley Cup finals goal at 43.
Jun 1, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
It would be bad enough if you judged the Cam Neely trade just by how his career (and Glen Wesley’s seven seasons) compared to Barry Pederson’s time. Yet when you follow all the assets the Bruins received thanks to trading Wesley later on, it’s clear Boston continues to benefit from that move.
May 30, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
The Bruins-Canucks series will require the most travel of any Stanley Cup finals series of the modern era and the second most all-time.
May 28, 2011, 5:42 PM EDT
Cam Neely = Milan Lucic and Raymond Bourque = Zdeno Chara? Not exactly, but let’s compare the current Bruins to version that made it to the 1990 Stanley Cup finals anyway.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)