Jun 25, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Traded from Calgary to Chicago at the start of the season.
May 31, 2013, 6:47 PM EDT
News, notes, stats and more about Chicago as it preps for the Western Conference finals.
Feb 15, 2013, 12:58 PM EDT
Chicago coach Joel Quenneville wasn’t saying much about his goalie’s mysterious injury.
Jan 21, 2013, 6:38 PM EDT
Bad news for Ray Emery?
Jul 27, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
23-year-old made his NHL debut with the Flames in 2011-12.
Jan 20, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
Even though Calgary has many injuries to discuss.
Dec 6, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Brooks Laich is starting to sound like Peter Finch in the movie “Network” these days. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 5, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
Step right up, Leland Irving.
Dec 5, 2011, 8:31 AM EDT
Neither Henrik Karlsson nor Miikka Kiprusoff were spared being run over by oncoming Canucks forwards last night.
Dec 5, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Apparently losing to the top team in the NHL is enough to make a goalie lose his mind. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Oct 21, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
Buzzer-beaters in hockey? They don’t happen often, but there were two last night in Edmonton and Calgary.
Mar 20, 2011, 11:27 PM EDT
Chicago pulls off a huge win in the desert but might have bad news on the horizon with Patrick Sharp leaving the game with a knee injury. Meanwhile, the Ducks win a thriller over Calgary and hurt the Flames shot at the playoffs at the same time.
Jan 22, 2011, 12:13 AM EDT
It took a “ghost” from the Stars past (long-ago draft pick Jarome Iginla) to end the team’s franchise-best eight game road winning streak tonight, as Calgary throttled Dallas 7-4.
Jan 17, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Who made the best save for the week of January 10-16th? The contestants are: Jaroslav Halak, Henrik Karlsson, Marc-Andre Fleury, Tim Thomas, Roberto Luongo, Ryan Miller and Nikolai Khabibulin.
Jan 12, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Henrik Karlsson won’t win points for technique with his stop on Jussi Jokinen, but the exciting overtime save was Tuesday night’s best.
Dec 4, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
If you haven’t noticed, Martin Havlat is playing some really good hockey. Calgary’s Henrik Karlsson got to find out just how good he looks up close and personal.
Oct 29, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT[kml_flashembedmovie="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="245" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" fvars="catid=-7&id=80535&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl//]
Colorado’s Chris Stewart has to do what he can to keep up with his brother Anthony in Atlanta. While Anthony scored a hat trick last week for the Thrashers, leave it to Chris to match him goal-for-goal tonight against the Flames and goalie Henrik Karlsson in helping the Avalanche knock of Calgary 6-5.
Oct 25, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
To celebrate the best moments of each week, we’ll put up a poll to see which goal/save/whatever was the most amazing of a given seven days. We might not always have one per day and sometimes there will be more than seven to choose from, but all you need to do is vote for your…
Oct 23, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
If real life played out like NHL ’11 or any number of hockey video games, this save might have made someone (definitely not me, though, because I’m super sophisticated and convincingly mature) throw a controller. That’s because skilled Columbus Blue Jackets forward Derick Brassard was all alone in front of rookie Calgary Flames goalie Henrik…
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 0
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 3
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 14
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 29
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 61
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)