Dec 20, 2011, 12:29 PM EST
He might be a rookie, but his thoughts are veteran-like.
Sep 1, 2011, 10:20 PM EST
Tampa Bay Lightning superstar Steven Stamkos speaks out against head shot and says that his fellow NHLers need to be more accountable for their actions on the ice. He thinks the league is headed in the right direction, but ultimately the responsibility falls to the players.
Aug 20, 2011, 12:41 PM EST
Ken Gray suggests that the NHL should abolish fighting, head shots and maybe even body contact. Player safety is an important issue, but we must also acknowledge the fact that hockey and violence are inextricably linked.
Jun 29, 2011, 4:23 PM EST
NHL legendary scorer Paul Kariya announced his retirement from the NHL today and took aim at illegal head shots as the reason why his career ended prematurely.
Jun 8, 2011, 6:19 PM EST
During the NHL GM meetings in Boston, they’ve suggested a slight adjustment to Rule 48 that could go a long way to cleaning things up in the league.
Apr 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
More head shots? Yes, more head shots to get loud about. Also, more on the Bruins showing up finally, Brian Boucher’s helpers in Philly, and is Ilya Bryzgalov getting tired?
Mar 25, 2011, 7:45 PM EST
The much maligned enforcer Trevor Gillies is set to return on Saturday… But should he even suit up again this year?
Mar 17, 2011, 5:18 PM EST
Tampa Bay Lightning superstar Steve Stamkos said his piece today about what he makes of the head shot issue. We’re hoping this means we get to hear from him more often on big issues.
Mar 16, 2011, 4:02 PM EST
The NHL’s new protocol for how to handle a player that may or may not have suffered a concussion from a hit goes into effect tonight.
Mar 9, 2011, 10:19 PM EST
If the NHL and the NHLPA can’t get their act together to curtail head shots, perhaps a major sponsor pulling their money can get everyone moving.
Mar 4, 2011, 3:43 PM EST
Colin Campbell weighed in on Trevor Gillies going after the head of Cal Clutterbuck and the Islanders enforcer will sit for 10 games.
Jan 26, 2011, 6:30 PM EST
In this week’s edition of “Ask The Expert” Mike Milbury answers your questions concerning the Flyers, the Winter Classic, and hits to the head.
Jan 23, 2011, 4:47 PM EST
Check out Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury have it out over head shots in the league.
Nov 10, 2010, 11:25 PM EST
You think it’s easy being a big guy in the NHL? Even 6’9″ Zdeno Chara has worries about head shots.
Nov 5, 2010, 1:56 PM EST
Did the NHL get their notes crossed up concerning the hits made by Sharks forward Joe Thornton and Flyers agitator Dan Carcillo? It seems like they did.
Nov 5, 2010, 12:46 AM EST
The New York Rangers are upset about a no-call on an apparent head shot by Dan Carcillo on Ruslan Fedotenko. Do they have a reason to be mad?
Oct 25, 2010, 9:56 PM EST
If you’re wondering if the NHL’s new rule about punishing head shots is working or not, you can worry no more. Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown received a five-minute major and a game misconduct for delivering a shot to the head of prone Minnesota Wild forward Antti Miettinen. Miettinen wasn’t injured on the play…
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 2
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)