Dec 20, 2011, 12:29 PM EDT
He might be a rookie, but his thoughts are veteran-like.
Sep 1, 2011, 10:20 PM EDT
Tampa Bay Lightning superstar Steven Stamkos speaks out against head shot and says that his fellow NHLers need to be more accountable for their actions on the ice. He thinks the league is headed in the right direction, but ultimately the responsibility falls to the players.
Aug 20, 2011, 12:41 PM EDT
Ken Gray suggests that the NHL should abolish fighting, head shots and maybe even body contact. Player safety is an important issue, but we must also acknowledge the fact that hockey and violence are inextricably linked.
Jun 29, 2011, 4:23 PM EDT
NHL legendary scorer Paul Kariya announced his retirement from the NHL today and took aim at illegal head shots as the reason why his career ended prematurely.
Jun 8, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
During the NHL GM meetings in Boston, they’ve suggested a slight adjustment to Rule 48 that could go a long way to cleaning things up in the league.
Apr 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
More head shots? Yes, more head shots to get loud about. Also, more on the Bruins showing up finally, Brian Boucher’s helpers in Philly, and is Ilya Bryzgalov getting tired?
Mar 25, 2011, 7:45 PM EDT
The much maligned enforcer Trevor Gillies is set to return on Saturday… But should he even suit up again this year?
Mar 17, 2011, 5:18 PM EDT
Tampa Bay Lightning superstar Steve Stamkos said his piece today about what he makes of the head shot issue. We’re hoping this means we get to hear from him more often on big issues.
Mar 16, 2011, 4:02 PM EDT
The NHL’s new protocol for how to handle a player that may or may not have suffered a concussion from a hit goes into effect tonight.
Mar 9, 2011, 10:19 PM EDT
If the NHL and the NHLPA can’t get their act together to curtail head shots, perhaps a major sponsor pulling their money can get everyone moving.
Mar 4, 2011, 3:43 PM EDT
Colin Campbell weighed in on Trevor Gillies going after the head of Cal Clutterbuck and the Islanders enforcer will sit for 10 games.
Jan 26, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
In this week’s edition of “Ask The Expert” Mike Milbury answers your questions concerning the Flyers, the Winter Classic, and hits to the head.
Jan 23, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
Check out Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury have it out over head shots in the league.
Nov 10, 2010, 11:25 PM EDT
You think it’s easy being a big guy in the NHL? Even 6’9″ Zdeno Chara has worries about head shots.
Nov 5, 2010, 1:56 PM EDT
Did the NHL get their notes crossed up concerning the hits made by Sharks forward Joe Thornton and Flyers agitator Dan Carcillo? It seems like they did.
Nov 5, 2010, 12:46 AM EDT
The New York Rangers are upset about a no-call on an apparent head shot by Dan Carcillo on Ruslan Fedotenko. Do they have a reason to be mad?
Oct 25, 2010, 9:56 PM EDT
If you’re wondering if the NHL’s new rule about punishing head shots is working or not, you can worry no more. Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown received a five-minute major and a game misconduct for delivering a shot to the head of prone Minnesota Wild forward Antti Miettinen. Miettinen wasn’t injured on the play…
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 3
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)