Dec 20, 2011, 12:29 PM EDT
He might be a rookie, but his thoughts are veteran-like.
Sep 1, 2011, 10:20 PM EDT
Tampa Bay Lightning superstar Steven Stamkos speaks out against head shot and says that his fellow NHLers need to be more accountable for their actions on the ice. He thinks the league is headed in the right direction, but ultimately the responsibility falls to the players.
Aug 20, 2011, 12:41 PM EDT
Ken Gray suggests that the NHL should abolish fighting, head shots and maybe even body contact. Player safety is an important issue, but we must also acknowledge the fact that hockey and violence are inextricably linked.
Jun 29, 2011, 4:23 PM EDT
NHL legendary scorer Paul Kariya announced his retirement from the NHL today and took aim at illegal head shots as the reason why his career ended prematurely.
Jun 8, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
During the NHL GM meetings in Boston, they’ve suggested a slight adjustment to Rule 48 that could go a long way to cleaning things up in the league.
Apr 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
More head shots? Yes, more head shots to get loud about. Also, more on the Bruins showing up finally, Brian Boucher’s helpers in Philly, and is Ilya Bryzgalov getting tired?
Mar 25, 2011, 7:45 PM EDT
The much maligned enforcer Trevor Gillies is set to return on Saturday… But should he even suit up again this year?
Mar 17, 2011, 5:18 PM EDT
Tampa Bay Lightning superstar Steve Stamkos said his piece today about what he makes of the head shot issue. We’re hoping this means we get to hear from him more often on big issues.
Mar 16, 2011, 4:02 PM EDT
The NHL’s new protocol for how to handle a player that may or may not have suffered a concussion from a hit goes into effect tonight.
Mar 9, 2011, 10:19 PM EDT
If the NHL and the NHLPA can’t get their act together to curtail head shots, perhaps a major sponsor pulling their money can get everyone moving.
Mar 4, 2011, 3:43 PM EDT
Colin Campbell weighed in on Trevor Gillies going after the head of Cal Clutterbuck and the Islanders enforcer will sit for 10 games.
Jan 26, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
In this week’s edition of “Ask The Expert” Mike Milbury answers your questions concerning the Flyers, the Winter Classic, and hits to the head.
Jan 23, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
Check out Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury have it out over head shots in the league.
Nov 10, 2010, 11:25 PM EDT
You think it’s easy being a big guy in the NHL? Even 6’9″ Zdeno Chara has worries about head shots.
Nov 5, 2010, 1:56 PM EDT
Did the NHL get their notes crossed up concerning the hits made by Sharks forward Joe Thornton and Flyers agitator Dan Carcillo? It seems like they did.
Nov 5, 2010, 12:46 AM EDT
The New York Rangers are upset about a no-call on an apparent head shot by Dan Carcillo on Ruslan Fedotenko. Do they have a reason to be mad?
Oct 25, 2010, 9:56 PM EDT
If you’re wondering if the NHL’s new rule about punishing head shots is working or not, you can worry no more. Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown received a five-minute major and a game misconduct for delivering a shot to the head of prone Minnesota Wild forward Antti Miettinen. Miettinen wasn’t injured on the play…
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 4
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 25
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 97
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 37
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 18
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 12
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 26
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (97)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (73)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)