Oct 22, 2011, 9:23 PM EST
Toronto might have a goalie issue after tonight as James Reimer was knocked out of action after getting dinged in the head by Brian Gionta.
Sep 25, 2011, 8:37 PM EST
The league’s hammer came down on Brad Boyes with a two-game suspension for his head to the head of Joe Colborne. Now, Brendan Shanahan has explained exactly why Boyes received the two-game penalty.
Mar 10, 2011, 2:20 PM EST
Pavel Kubina will sit down for three games thanks to his reckless blow to the head of Chicago’s Dave Bolland.
Oct 29, 2010, 5:46 PM EST
Remember the wicked hit that Minnesota’s Antti Miettinen took from Kings forward Dustin Brown that saw Brown ejected from the game but not suspended? Turns out Miettinen may have gotten a concussion from that after all.
Oct 26, 2010, 3:40 PM EST
Kings fans can breathe a little easier today. Last night Kings captain Dustin Brown was given a five-minute major and a game misconduct for a head shot on Wild forward Antti Miettinen. With the NHL’s new rule regarding reckless and blindside blows to the head, Brown’s seemingly tough hit on Miettinen could’ve been cited for…
Oct 18, 2010, 6:31 PM EST
Turns out Shane Doan wasn’t the only one making noise today regarding shots to the head. This time, Oilers defenseman Tom Gilbert was fined $2,500 for a head shot delivered to Flames forward Matt Stajan. Gilbert was penalized for interference on the play which earned him a review of the hit by the league. The…
Oct 18, 2010, 10:58 AM EST
Coyotes captain Shane Doan might be getting a call from the NHL about his shot to the head on Ducks forward Dan Sexton.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)