Oct 22, 2011, 9:23 PM EDT
Toronto might have a goalie issue after tonight as James Reimer was knocked out of action after getting dinged in the head by Brian Gionta.
Sep 25, 2011, 8:37 PM EDT
The league’s hammer came down on Brad Boyes with a two-game suspension for his head to the head of Joe Colborne. Now, Brendan Shanahan has explained exactly why Boyes received the two-game penalty.
Mar 10, 2011, 2:20 PM EDT
Pavel Kubina will sit down for three games thanks to his reckless blow to the head of Chicago’s Dave Bolland.
Oct 29, 2010, 5:46 PM EDT
Remember the wicked hit that Minnesota’s Antti Miettinen took from Kings forward Dustin Brown that saw Brown ejected from the game but not suspended? Turns out Miettinen may have gotten a concussion from that after all.
Oct 26, 2010, 3:40 PM EDT
Kings fans can breathe a little easier today. Last night Kings captain Dustin Brown was given a five-minute major and a game misconduct for a head shot on Wild forward Antti Miettinen. With the NHL’s new rule regarding reckless and blindside blows to the head, Brown’s seemingly tough hit on Miettinen could’ve been cited for…
Oct 18, 2010, 6:31 PM EDT
Turns out Shane Doan wasn’t the only one making noise today regarding shots to the head. This time, Oilers defenseman Tom Gilbert was fined $2,500 for a head shot delivered to Flames forward Matt Stajan. Gilbert was penalized for interference on the play which earned him a review of the hit by the league. The…
Oct 18, 2010, 10:58 AM EDT
Coyotes captain Shane Doan might be getting a call from the NHL about his shot to the head on Ducks forward Dan Sexton.
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 1
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 15
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 33
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)