Feb 7, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
Made an appearance in his home town of Saskatoon on Friday night.
Dec 18, 2014, 1:40 AM EDT
He’s even walking under his own power according to the report.
Nov 5, 2014, 1:38 AM EDT
Suffered a stroke on Oct. 26.
Oct 29, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
It appears that the health of “Mr. Hockey” has been improving.
Mar 1, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
He’s the seventh player to reach that mark.
Mar 31, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
He’s dealing with dementia.
Feb 12, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
Red Wings earn their record tying 20th straight home win on Sunday.
Feb 10, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
Marty Howe said he doesn’t think it will happen when Gordie passes on.
Feb 2, 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
Marty Howe says discussion of dementia made his life “a living hell.”
Jan 16, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
This year’s team breaks a mark that was set in 1965.
Dec 6, 2011, 9:23 AM EDT
Now that they’ve decided to go with four conferences for realignment, just what are they going to name these things?
Nov 14, 2011, 10:15 PM EDT
That and Hall of Fame speeches from Ed Belour, Doug Gilmour and Joe Nieuwendyk.
Nov 4, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Getting a gift is always so awkward for those special occasions. The Sharks opted to give Joe Thornton something you could probably only get in the Sky Mall catalog. It’s time for your Morning Skate.
Aug 18, 2011, 7:23 PM EDT
Mario Lemieux and Gordie Howe were the final two legends that EA Sports announced for NHL 12. Check out the promotional video and a little insight on how all nine legends will be integrated into the game.
Aug 10, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Messing with a classic look is something the Red Wings can never be accused of doing. Ever.
Aug 8, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
Perhaps taking a cue from NBA 2K11’s popular inclusion of Michael Jordan, it looks like EA Sports’ upcoming NHL ’12 will feature legends such as Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Gordie Howe and more.
Jun 5, 2011, 5:01 PM EDT
Mark Recchi’s Game 2 goal didn’t win the Bruins the game, but it did break a record. He became the oldest player to score a Stanley Cup finals goal at 43.
Jan 18, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Let’s celebrate Mark Messier’s 50th birthday with a look back at his great career.
Nov 26, 2010, 1:38 PM EDT
Just when you thought Chris Chelios was done playing hockey at age 48, the KHL comes calling.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)