Mar 31, 2013, 1:21 PM EST
He’s dealing with dementia.
Feb 12, 2012, 10:29 PM EST
Red Wings earn their record tying 20th straight home win on Sunday.
Feb 10, 2012, 8:30 AM EST
Marty Howe said he doesn’t think it will happen when Gordie passes on.
Feb 2, 2012, 8:35 PM EST
Marty Howe says discussion of dementia made his life “a living hell.”
Jan 16, 2012, 10:29 PM EST
This year’s team breaks a mark that was set in 1965.
Dec 6, 2011, 9:23 AM EST
Now that they’ve decided to go with four conferences for realignment, just what are they going to name these things?
Nov 14, 2011, 10:15 PM EST
That and Hall of Fame speeches from Ed Belour, Doug Gilmour and Joe Nieuwendyk.
Nov 4, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Getting a gift is always so awkward for those special occasions. The Sharks opted to give Joe Thornton something you could probably only get in the Sky Mall catalog. It’s time for your Morning Skate.
Aug 18, 2011, 7:23 PM EST
Mario Lemieux and Gordie Howe were the final two legends that EA Sports announced for NHL 12. Check out the promotional video and a little insight on how all nine legends will be integrated into the game.
Aug 10, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
Messing with a classic look is something the Red Wings can never be accused of doing. Ever.
Aug 8, 2011, 5:25 PM EST
Perhaps taking a cue from NBA 2K11′s popular inclusion of Michael Jordan, it looks like EA Sports’ upcoming NHL ’12 will feature legends such as Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Gordie Howe and more.
Jun 5, 2011, 5:01 PM EST
Mark Recchi’s Game 2 goal didn’t win the Bruins the game, but it did break a record. He became the oldest player to score a Stanley Cup finals goal at 43.
Jan 18, 2011, 1:20 PM EST
Let’s celebrate Mark Messier’s 50th birthday with a look back at his great career.
Nov 26, 2010, 1:38 PM EST
Just when you thought Chris Chelios was done playing hockey at age 48, the KHL comes calling.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 30
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 35
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 80
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)