May 20, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
The Canucks are six playoff wins away from completing a rare hockey feat for the city of Vancouver: a gold medal and Stanley Cup in successive years. Even if the Canucks fall short, it’s still been a pretty stunning run, as this post illustrates.
May 15, 2011, 8:54 PM EDT
Finland took its second ever IIHF World Championships gold medal with a 6-1 win against Sweden while the Czech Republic foiled Russia for the bronze.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39