Jan 11, 2012, 12:51 PM EDT
Gee, didn’t see this one coming.
Jun 14, 2011, 4:25 AM EDT
With just one save, Tim Thomas will pass former Canucks goalie Kirk McLean’s all-time mark for saves in a single playoff year (they’re currently locked up at 761). As impressive as that record might be, the flamboyant Bruins goalie hopes to surpass him in a more profound way by winning Game 7, too.
Jun 10, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
How will the Coyotes replace Ilya Bryzgalov? GM Don Maloney mapped out his three-pronged strategy to do just that.
Jun 6, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
The edge has been just two goals in two games, but so far Roberto Luongo has been just a bit better than Tim Thomas in the 2011 Stanley Cup finals. This post looks at why Luongo’s on top through two.
Oct 12, 2010, 11:42 AM EDT
Vancouver 2, Florida 1 You have to wonder if there was at least a small part of Roberto Luongo that felt bad for opposing goalie Tomas Vokoun. After all, just a few years ago, Luongo was the ace Florida Panthers goalie who saw more rubber than a busy highway game after game and stopped most…
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 67
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15