Apr 15, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
Jaroslav Halak’s injury is severe enough to keep him out of Monday’s contest.
Oct 9, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Tomas Vokoun will make his Capitals regular season debut on Monday. Can people calm down about a goalie controversy yet?
Aug 24, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
Ondrej Pavelec and Chris Mason are big question marks in net for Winnipeg next season, but contract years should give them plenty of motivation to perform at their highest levels.
Aug 24, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Tim Thomas was the best goalie in the world last season, but where does that leave high-profile backup Tuukka Rask?
Aug 12, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
Goalies are pretty hard to predict, but these six teams will probably regret their moves – or lack thereof – during this off-season.
Mar 25, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
The Flyers should show patience with their situation in net, especially with rookie Sergei Bobrovsky.
Mar 13, 2011, 11:24 AM EDT
Most teams would struggle with both of their normal starting goalies injured, yet 21-year-old netminder Braden Holtby isn’t just keeping the Capitals’ surge going. He’s also making a case for the No. 1 job, period.
Mar 2, 2011, 5:34 PM EDT
It’s true that the 2011 free agent market for high-end starters is very dry, but there are plenty of great options for teams looking for a strong backup.
Feb 12, 2011, 12:56 AM EDT
Maple Leafs goalie news: J.S. Giguere ponders his future with the team while Jonas Gustavsson undergoes a minor heart procedure.
Ottawa Senators’ Pascal Leclaire leaves with ‘lower body injury’; Could Brian Elliott be better option anyway?
Oct 14, 2010, 8:47 PM EDT
It’s a good thing that the Ottawa Senators are used to life without Pascal Leclaire – and with backup/1b goalie Brian Elliott – because it looks like the troubled goalie will face yet another injury issue. Leclaire left tonight’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes with a “lower body injury” and won’t return, according to TSN.…
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 0
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 26
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (62)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)