Apr 15, 2012, 11:01 PM EST
Jaroslav Halak’s injury is severe enough to keep him out of Monday’s contest.
Oct 9, 2011, 1:52 PM EST
Tomas Vokoun will make his Capitals regular season debut on Monday. Can people calm down about a goalie controversy yet?
Aug 24, 2011, 3:50 PM EST
Ondrej Pavelec and Chris Mason are big question marks in net for Winnipeg next season, but contract years should give them plenty of motivation to perform at their highest levels.
Aug 24, 2011, 1:45 PM EST
Tim Thomas was the best goalie in the world last season, but where does that leave high-profile backup Tuukka Rask?
Aug 12, 2011, 12:40 PM EST
Goalies are pretty hard to predict, but these six teams will probably regret their moves – or lack thereof – during this off-season.
Mar 25, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
The Flyers should show patience with their situation in net, especially with rookie Sergei Bobrovsky.
Mar 13, 2011, 11:24 AM EST
Most teams would struggle with both of their normal starting goalies injured, yet 21-year-old netminder Braden Holtby isn’t just keeping the Capitals’ surge going. He’s also making a case for the No. 1 job, period.
Mar 2, 2011, 5:34 PM EST
It’s true that the 2011 free agent market for high-end starters is very dry, but there are plenty of great options for teams looking for a strong backup.
Feb 12, 2011, 12:56 AM EST
Maple Leafs goalie news: J.S. Giguere ponders his future with the team while Jonas Gustavsson undergoes a minor heart procedure.
Ottawa Senators’ Pascal Leclaire leaves with ‘lower body injury'; Could Brian Elliott be better option anyway?
Oct 14, 2010, 8:47 PM EST
It’s a good thing that the Ottawa Senators are used to life without Pascal Leclaire – and with backup/1b goalie Brian Elliott – because it looks like the troubled goalie will face yet another injury issue. Leclaire left tonight’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes with a “lower body injury” and won’t return, according to TSN.…
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 4
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 70
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (70)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)