Apr 15, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
Jaroslav Halak’s injury is severe enough to keep him out of Monday’s contest.
Apr 3, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
Some might call his first period humongous bad.
Mar 27, 2012, 11:15 PM EDT
Elliott’s shutout streak is at 188 minutes and 36 seconds – but Halak will get the start on Thursday.
Mar 26, 2012, 7:53 PM EDT
Should it be Elliott or Halak when the games really matter?
Mar 23, 2012, 8:23 PM EDT
Is that the scent of a goalie controversy in the air?
Nov 2, 2011, 10:38 PM EDT
Want a totally unfair stat to reinforce Martin Brodeur’s struggles? Wednesday’s defeat put him in a three-way tie for the all-time record for losses with 352.
Oct 26, 2011, 10:27 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo and Ilya Bryzgalov have a surprising amount of things in common, but it’s not all about their big contracts anymore.
Oct 24, 2011, 10:32 PM EDT
Jacob Markstrom’s stellar play might just create a goalie controversy in Florida.
Apr 24, 2011, 1:47 AM EDT
Jonathan Quick made a Kings’ franchise playoff record 51 saves to help the Kings overcome a 30-shot difference and beat the Sharks 3-1. Read all about the stark contrast between his game and Antti Niemi’s debacle in this post.
Nov 10, 2010, 8:36 PM EDT
So you were curious about that potential debate between Sidney Crosby and Dan Bylsma, weren’t you? Turns out there wasn’t one at all.
Oct 29, 2010, 10:33 PM EDT
Brent Johnson is 4-0-1 while big money starter Marc-Andre Fleury is an abysmal 1-5. Is it early season luck or should Johnson be given more playing time? Click read more for an in-depth look at the two Penguins’ goalies.
Oct 24, 2010, 11:58 PM EDT
The spotlight might be on San Jose’s meltdown, but credit should go to Miikka Kiprusoff and Rene Bourque of the Flames for winning this one 4-0. More on that game after the jump.
Oct 24, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
If there wasn’t justification for a goalie controversy in the San Jose Sharks net, it’s difficult to argue against that reality after tonight’s disastrous start against the Calgary Flames. The Sharks pulled Antti Niemi before the first period ended today after the struggling Finnish netminder allowed three goals on only five shots, surrendering goals to…
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 11
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)