Apr 15, 2012, 11:01 PM EST
Jaroslav Halak’s injury is severe enough to keep him out of Monday’s contest.
Apr 3, 2012, 8:03 PM EST
Some might call his first period humongous bad.
Mar 27, 2012, 11:15 PM EST
Elliott’s shutout streak is at 188 minutes and 36 seconds – but Halak will get the start on Thursday.
Mar 26, 2012, 7:53 PM EST
Should it be Elliott or Halak when the games really matter?
Mar 23, 2012, 8:23 PM EST
Is that the scent of a goalie controversy in the air?
Nov 2, 2011, 10:38 PM EST
Want a totally unfair stat to reinforce Martin Brodeur’s struggles? Wednesday’s defeat put him in a three-way tie for the all-time record for losses with 352.
Oct 26, 2011, 10:27 PM EST
Roberto Luongo and Ilya Bryzgalov have a surprising amount of things in common, but it’s not all about their big contracts anymore.
Oct 24, 2011, 10:32 PM EST
Jacob Markstrom’s stellar play might just create a goalie controversy in Florida.
Apr 24, 2011, 1:47 AM EST
Jonathan Quick made a Kings’ franchise playoff record 51 saves to help the Kings overcome a 30-shot difference and beat the Sharks 3-1. Read all about the stark contrast between his game and Antti Niemi’s debacle in this post.
Nov 10, 2010, 8:36 PM EST
So you were curious about that potential debate between Sidney Crosby and Dan Bylsma, weren’t you? Turns out there wasn’t one at all.
Oct 29, 2010, 10:33 PM EST
Brent Johnson is 4-0-1 while big money starter Marc-Andre Fleury is an abysmal 1-5. Is it early season luck or should Johnson be given more playing time? Click read more for an in-depth look at the two Penguins’ goalies.
Oct 24, 2010, 11:58 PM EST
The spotlight might be on San Jose’s meltdown, but credit should go to Miikka Kiprusoff and Rene Bourque of the Flames for winning this one 4-0. More on that game after the jump.
Oct 24, 2010, 8:45 PM EST
If there wasn’t justification for a goalie controversy in the San Jose Sharks net, it’s difficult to argue against that reality after tonight’s disastrous start against the Calgary Flames. The Sharks pulled Antti Niemi before the first period ended today after the struggling Finnish netminder allowed three goals on only five shots, surrendering goals to…
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)