Apr 15, 2012, 11:01 PM EST
Jaroslav Halak’s injury is severe enough to keep him out of Monday’s contest.
Apr 3, 2012, 8:03 PM EST
Some might call his first period humongous bad.
Mar 27, 2012, 11:15 PM EST
Elliott’s shutout streak is at 188 minutes and 36 seconds – but Halak will get the start on Thursday.
Mar 26, 2012, 7:53 PM EST
Should it be Elliott or Halak when the games really matter?
Mar 23, 2012, 8:23 PM EST
Is that the scent of a goalie controversy in the air?
Nov 2, 2011, 10:38 PM EST
Want a totally unfair stat to reinforce Martin Brodeur’s struggles? Wednesday’s defeat put him in a three-way tie for the all-time record for losses with 352.
Oct 26, 2011, 10:27 PM EST
Roberto Luongo and Ilya Bryzgalov have a surprising amount of things in common, but it’s not all about their big contracts anymore.
Oct 24, 2011, 10:32 PM EST
Jacob Markstrom’s stellar play might just create a goalie controversy in Florida.
Apr 24, 2011, 1:47 AM EST
Jonathan Quick made a Kings’ franchise playoff record 51 saves to help the Kings overcome a 30-shot difference and beat the Sharks 3-1. Read all about the stark contrast between his game and Antti Niemi’s debacle in this post.
Nov 10, 2010, 8:36 PM EST
So you were curious about that potential debate between Sidney Crosby and Dan Bylsma, weren’t you? Turns out there wasn’t one at all.
Oct 29, 2010, 10:33 PM EST
Brent Johnson is 4-0-1 while big money starter Marc-Andre Fleury is an abysmal 1-5. Is it early season luck or should Johnson be given more playing time? Click read more for an in-depth look at the two Penguins’ goalies.
Oct 24, 2010, 11:58 PM EST
The spotlight might be on San Jose’s meltdown, but credit should go to Miikka Kiprusoff and Rene Bourque of the Flames for winning this one 4-0. More on that game after the jump.
Oct 24, 2010, 8:45 PM EST
If there wasn’t justification for a goalie controversy in the San Jose Sharks net, it’s difficult to argue against that reality after tonight’s disastrous start against the Calgary Flames. The Sharks pulled Antti Niemi before the first period ended today after the struggling Finnish netminder allowed three goals on only five shots, surrendering goals to…
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 33
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)