goal of the night
Dec 31, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Carey Price had no hope of stopping Steven Stamkos during a penalty shot on December 30th’s goal of the night.
Dec 30, 2010, 10:55 AM EDT
If we told you that Todd Bertuzzi would set up Jiri Hudler for a beauty of a goal with a no-look pass, you’d call us liars. Well… It actually happened.
Dec 29, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
There were many great goals to choose from, but Jay Beagle’s spinning top shelf shot earns the December 28th goal of the night.
Dec 28, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Anze Kopitar’s great saucer pass sets up a nice Dustin Brown tally for the December 27th goal of the night.
Dec 27, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
Kevin Bieksa’s timely goal late in the third period gave Vancouver the comeback win over Edmonton.
Dec 24, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Derek Stepan showed great hands (and patience) as he beat Dan Ellis to score the December 23rd goal of the night.
Dec 23, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
We credit Danny Cleary because he actually scored the goal, but December 22nd’s best tally was all about Brian Rafalski’s beautiful pass.
Dec 22, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
Andrew Gordon was so happy to get his first NHL goal that he could kiss Marcus Johansson for setting him up for it.
Dec 21, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
The Blues only scored one goal last night, but Alex Steen provided a real beauty. It ended up being the best of December 20th.
Dec 20, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Kyle Clifford made a big red move on Corey Crawford to earn Sunday’s goal of the night.
Dec 19, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Kyle Turris pulls some more shootout mischief with this stylish shootout goal, which earned December 18th’s best honors.
Dec 18, 2010, 10:45 AM EDT
Matt Duchene is quickly becoming the man in Denver thanks to scoring big goals like this one against Ottawa to win it in overtime.
Dec 17, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Linus Omark’s first “real” goal earned him the December 16 Goal of the Night award.
Dec 16, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
How this shot by Erik Christensen found its way into the net past Brent Johnson is a sight worth seeing.
Dec 15, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
A nice team effort helped Jordan Eberle score the goal that was worthy of December 14th’s goal of the night award.
Dec 14, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
Plucky Atlanta keeps finding ways to win and last night they got a lot of help from Ottawa’s Jason Spezza to take the Sens down in overtime.
Dec 13, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Who scored the goal of the week for December 6-12: Matt Hendricks, Corey Perry, David Booth, Mikhail Grabovski, Linus Omark, Ville Leino or Mike Santorelli?
Dec 13, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
The sum of Corey Perry’s three-goal, two assist night earns him Sunday’s goal of the night award.
Dec 12, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Caps forward Matt Hendricks’ goal last night is truly worth seeing, even if he didn’t even see it happening.
Dec 10, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
We’re going to say that Flordia’s Mike Santorelli is the modern day equivalent of Patches O’Houlihan. If you don’t understand this movie reference, we’re sad for you.
Dec 9, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Ville Leino’s spinning tally earned him the goal of the night for December 8th.
Dec 8, 2010, 1:06 PM EDT
Yes, a Florida Panther has our goal of the night. When you make an entire defense look bad you can earn that kind of recognition.
Dec 7, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Mikhail Grabovski’s shootout goal won the game for the Toronto Maple Leafs last night … and earned him the goal of the night.
Dec 6, 2010, 10:45 AM EDT
Chris Kelly lives the grind line dream netting a hat trick against the Rangers. Doing it for the people earns him the goal(s) of the night award.
Dec 5, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Taylor Hall’s overtime game winner was Saturday’s most captivating goal.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)