goal of the night
Feb 2, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Kyle Wellwood is an infamous Internet superstar and last night he was able to get the web going wild with his first goal as a San Jose Shark.
Jan 30, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Alex Ovechkin’s oddball goal helped him win last night’s breakaway challenge and also the January 29th Goal of the Night
Jan 26, 2011, 9:52 AM EST
Mike Weaver gets a lucky bounce to help the Panthers win Tuesday’s game while he receives the January 25th Goal of the Night.
Jan 25, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Brad Richards pulled out the ultimate fake-out in order to beat Roberto Luongo.
Jan 24, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Claude Giroux’s great saucer pass and Jeff Carter’s impressive bit of hand-eye coordination produced Sunday’s best goal.
Jan 23, 2011, 8:45 AM EST
Boston’s Patrice Bergeron makes scoring from one knee look both lucky and good. Colorado’s John-Michael Liles, on the other hand, would like a do-over.
Jan 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
When you score two goals in five seconds, you have a good shot at the goal of the night. Nathan Gerbe’s beautiful end-to-end rush on the first tally clinched the January 21st Goal of the Night, though.
Jan 21, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Check out the sweet moves by Nashville’s Colin Wilson to get around the Avalanche defense and put one past Craig Anderson.
Jan 20, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
Marian Gaborik responded to a benching by scoring four goals and one assist, including tallies that collectively earned him the January 19th Goal of the Night.
Jan 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Corey Perry’s goal last night makes us think he’d make for one hell of a Twister player. Check out the video and see for yourself.
Jan 18, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Mattias Tedenby’s impressive speed and incredible deke and backhand move earns him the January 17th Goal of the Night.
Jan 17, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
If you think the Chicago Bulls are the only team that can work the crossover in Chicago, Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland has a trick he’d like to show you.
Jan 16, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Loui Eriksson and James Neal connected on a great 2-on-1 goal against helpless defenseman Dustin Byfuglien and goalie Ondrej Pavelec for January 15th’s goal of the night.
Jan 15, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
For those of you who think that moves you do in the shootout can’t happen during the game itself, Martin St. Louis has a fun trick to show you.
Jan 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Scott Hartnell scored from a spot that forwards rarely score from during January 13th’s goal of the night.
Jan 13, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Pitchers and catchers don’t report for spring training for another month, but perhaps the Tampa Bay Rays might want to give the Lightning’s Sean Bergenheim a call to be their next DH.
Jan 11, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Mark Recchi might be the oldest player in the NHL, but he’s still finding ways to haunt teams he used to play for back in the day. Just ask the Penguins who saw him score the game-winner against them in the third period.
Jan 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
No doubt about it, Jamie Benn scored the best goal of Sunday, January 9th.
Jan 9, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
Alex Ovechkin shows us once again that he can do amazing things on the ice with his eventual game-winning goal.
Jan 8, 2011, 10:20 AM EST
There were a lot of great goals last night, but Patrick Kane’s game of take away and nice shot earned him the December 7th goal of the night.
Jan 7, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
I think we could all live pretty peacefully if all the highlight reel goals in the world we could see happen in the shootout. It’s the part of the game that was meant to have innovation and creativity.While some goalies throw a fit over seeing creativity brought to the forefront, Mikhail Grabovsky doesn’t think much…
Jan 5, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Remember Kris Draper? Sure you do and now the Edmonton Oilers do as well after the cagey veteran deked them out of their shorts.
Jan 4, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
While the full Canada-U.S. game was a severe mismatch and letdown, it produced some great moments. Quinton Howden’s game winning goal also earned him the December 3rd goal of the night.
Jan 3, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Sometimes when you’re watching Evander Kane play hockey, it looks like he’s playing flying the seat of his pants. It makes sense that he’d score a goal from that position.
Jan 2, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Tyler Ennis beat a sprawling Tim Thomas to win Saturday’s goal of the night.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 37
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 75
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (75)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)