goal of the night
Mar 6, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
There were two amazing goals among the very good ones last night, but John Tavares ultimately edges James van Riemsdyk for the March 5th Goal of the Night.
Mar 3, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
It might be debatable, and it’s definitely a rare occurrence, but Bobby Ryan’s penalty shot goal in overtime is most definitely worthy of goal of the night.
Mar 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Alex Ovechkin is looking like Alex Ovechkin again, as you can see from the overtime game-winner that ended up being the March 2nd Goal of the Night.
Mar 1, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Pavel Datsyuk makes scoring look so easy sometimes it’s not fair.
Feb 28, 2011, 2:14 AM EST
Phil Kessel produced an excellent individual effort for the February 27th Goal of the Night.
Feb 26, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Niklas Hagman didn’t waiver against the Sharks during his Goal of the Night effort on Friday night.
Feb 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip…
Feb 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
You had to know Pierre-Marc Bouchard’s spin-o-rama goal was going to be goal of the night.
Feb 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Josh Bailey showed great creativity and cleverness by maneuvering around Bryan Allen for the February 21st Goal of the Night.
Feb 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Alex Ovechkin’s juggling act and aggressive rush through the Sabres defense set up Marcus Johansson’s Goal of the Night for February 20th.
Feb 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Matt Calvert might not be a household name, but he certainly showed off his skills by scoring the February 18th Goal of the Night.
Feb 17, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Alex Ovechkin added another highlight reel to his vault of jaw-droppers, earning the February 16th Goal of the Night.
Feb 16, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Mikhail Grabovski earns the Goal of the Night for February 15th.
Feb 15, 2011, 10:45 AM EST
Calgary forward Alex Tanguay used good old fashion ingenuity to put one past Avalanche goalie Peter Budaj.
Feb 14, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Rick Nash scored his 26th goal of the season and sixth game-winner, earning February 13th’s Goal of the Night.
Feb 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Sure it came in a losing effort, but Alex Ovechkin gave Caps fans a glimpse of the sort of thing they’ve been missing out on all season with his rip of a goal on Jonathan Bernier.
Feb 12, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Cam Fowler’s overtime winner moved the Ducks into fourth place in the West and earned him the February 11th Goal of the Night.
Feb 11, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
What’s it like to have a 6’8″ defenseman go end-to-end in overtime to score the game-winning goal on a slap shot? Buffalo’s Tyler Myers can show you what it looks like.
Feb 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
The Ducks enjoyed the return of Ryan Getzlaf, who set up Bobby Ryan’s Goal of the Night with a beautiful backhand pass.
Feb 9, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Wondering what Columbus’ Rick Nash has been up to lately? Apparently he’s been working on his “score from a crazy angle and put the puck in the one spot the goalie isn’t covering” shot. It came in handy last night against Pittsburgh.
Feb 8, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
The unusual nature of the Canucks’ “bench assist” earns Mikael Samuelsson and Ryan Kesler the February 7th Goal of the Night.
Feb 7, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
How good is Ilya Kovalchuk on some nights? He can score goals without even putting them in the net.
Feb 6, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Sergei Kostitsyn scored Saturday’s Goal of the Night. Check out the video and some commentary in this post.
Feb 5, 2011, 11:15 AM EST
You won’t see a better set of passes and a goal unless you’re playing against the computer on the hardest level in NHL 11. Check out what the Canucks do on Henrik Sedin’s power play goal against Chicago.
Feb 4, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
It wasn’t as easy call like Thursday’s best save, but Ville Leino’s game winner earned the February 3rd Goal of the Night.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)