Mar 16, 2013, 2:25 PM EDT
They want to reduce the number of shootouts.
Mar 18, 2012, 8:25 PM EDT
He thinks two-line passes are an important part of the game.
Mar 14, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
Don’t blame execs if they play it “safe” despite his recommendations, though.
Mar 14, 2012, 10:52 AM EDT
There’s an old Scotty Bowman idea gaining traction with GMs.
Mar 13, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
Leafs GM Brian Burke thinks there’s a sense to “leave it alone and see where it goes.”
Mar 13, 2012, 5:21 PM EDT
It will be brought before the league’s competition committee in June.
Mar 12, 2012, 7:56 PM EDT
Rule change might help stem the decline in goals.
Mar 12, 2012, 7:11 PM EDT
Some GMs feel that the rule has led to needless hits.
Mar 12, 2012, 6:43 PM EDT
Neutral zone trap enthusiasts gently weep.
Mar 12, 2012, 5:49 PM EDT
Burke gets dirt kicked in his face, take two.
Mar 12, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Burke is bummed about the bear hug rule falling on deaf ears.
Mar 12, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
Also enjoy a video behind the scenes as the GMs were getting ready.
Mar 12, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
Maybe they really are taking safety seriously.
Mar 12, 2012, 10:36 AM EDT
Hybrid icing, overtime changes and the return of the red line will be discussed.
Mar 9, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Would it be worth it to (potentially) make the game safer for players?
Nov 14, 2011, 10:52 PM EDT
Sure, it might be last week’s news, but the league’s top executives are wise to at least discuss the polarizing strategy.
Jun 8, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
During the NHL GM meetings in Boston, they’ve suggested a slight adjustment to Rule 48 that could go a long way to cleaning things up in the league.
Mar 16, 2011, 11:45 AM EDT
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have NBC on NHL’s Mike Milbury join us with Hot Topics to discuss the latest stories of the week and give us his thoughts on what’s going on in the NHL. This week, Mike talks with Tiffany Simons about Gary Bettman’s five point plan to help improve player safety in…
Mar 15, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
The NHL’s GMs decided not to recommend a ban on all hits to the head during today’s meetings. But the question is: should they? Read this post and then let us know if you think all hits to the head should be illegal by casting your vote in our poll.
Team executives call for stricter enforcement of charging, boarding infractions on Day 2 of GM Meetings
Mar 15, 2011, 1:57 PM EDT
One of the focuses of the second day of GM meetings involved imposing stricter enforcement of boarding and charging infractions.
Mar 14, 2011, 8:41 PM EDT
While Gary Bettman’s five-point plan includes a vague suggestion to make coaches and teams more accountable for the actions of individual players, Mario Lemieux’s letter suggest specific fines for teams when someone receives a suspension.
Mar 14, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
We dissect Gary Bettman’s five-point plan to reduce (and better identify) concussions.
Mar 12, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Concussions, hits to the head and other violent matters will once again dominate discussion of the spring GM meetings. In fact, Sabres GM Darcy Regier thinks that the league will eventually make all head hits illegal. Click “Read More” for the details.
Nov 9, 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
Dale Tallon’s instant replay challenge proposal was roundly shot down today, but we’re betting we haven’t heard the last of it.
Nov 5, 2010, 3:37 PM EDT
Yesterday we told you about Panthers GM Dale Tallon’s big ideas to implement an instant replay challenge system in the NHL and it’s getting some talk thanks to some recently iffy situations where replay wasn’t allowed. It’s also coming up because NHL general managers are set to meet up next week to discuss the hot-button…
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 5
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 10
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 8
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)