Jan 4, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
He previously told Coyotes GM Don Maloney that he wants to quit hockey.
Dec 31, 2013, 11:18 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes will terminate his contract “unless he has a change of heart very, very quickly.”
Dec 30, 2013, 6:12 PM EDT
Things haven’t panned out for 2005’s sixth overall pick.
Dec 19, 2013, 7:17 PM EDT
Phoenix is still pretty banged up, though.
Oct 23, 2012, 6:15 PM EDT
His Alpine adventure ends after 14 games and not scoring a goal.
Aug 13, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT
He’s trading in Phoenix for Zurich.
Jun 19, 2012, 12:22 PM EDT
A deal still could be reached with the Coyotes, however.
May 9, 2012, 2:03 PM EDT
Stellar month gave the Coyotes belief they could play with anybody.
May 8, 2012, 11:52 AM EDT
The Kings and Coyotes will meet in the playoffs for the first time ever.
Apr 30, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
And that’s an understatement.
Apr 25, 2012, 1:59 PM EDT
This marks the first playoff meeting ever between the Predators and Coyotes.
Apr 19, 2012, 2:15 PM EDT
Coyotes down a trio of forwards heading into tonight’s game vs. Chicago.
Feb 22, 2012, 9:35 AM EDT
He’ll at least be out of tonight’s game and possibly more.
Jan 12, 2012, 8:08 PM EDT
To be fair, Dean Lombardi’s Bernie Madoff comparison was pretty funny, though.
Jan 10, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
Former sixth overall pick headed to the desert.
Oct 2, 2011, 6:39 PM EDT
While 2011 top draft pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is sticking around in Edmoton, Gilbert Brule is being waived away.
Sep 9, 2011, 1:18 AM EDT
After an offseason that has featured Bono hitchhiking stories and trades that fell through, Gilbert Brule looks to overcome demons and bounce back for the Edmonton Oilers this season.
Jul 29, 2011, 9:14 PM EDT
After weeks of confusion and public comments, the Kings have finally filed a grievance with the NHL towards the Edmonton Oilers regarding the Ryan Smyth/Colin Fraser trade.
Jul 19, 2011, 9:14 PM EDT
An NHL mediator couldn’t resolve the Kings’ dispute with the Oilers regarding Colin Fraser’s health. Los Angeles now must decide if they want to file a grievance and leave the decision up to NHL commissioner Gary Bettman. Kings GM Dean Lombardi might just be mad enough to do it, too.
Kings GM Dean Lombardi: “Would have rather invested my money with Bernie Madoff than invest in Edmonton’s word”
Jul 8, 2011, 11:02 PM EDT
Kings GM Dean Lombardi goes off on the Edmonton Oilers and the trust issues after not one, but two devious moves. At least, that’s HIS side of the story.
Jun 26, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT
After struggling to make a deal work for two days, the Ryan Smyth deal is finally done. The Kings send Smyth back to Edmonton for Colin Fraser and a seventh round pick in 2012.
Jun 25, 2011, 6:21 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings and Edmonton Oilers have been trying to work out a trade with Ryan Smyth for days– and apparently there’s STILL no trade in place.
Jun 24, 2011, 8:09 PM EDT
The Oilers avoided the disaster of the Flames nabbing their former player by reportedly sending Gilbert Brule and a fourth round pick to the Kings for Ryan Smyth.
Jun 2, 2011, 3:46 AM EDT
Here’s a story you won’t read every day: Oilers forward Gilbert Brule apparently picked up an unlikely hitchhiker in the form of U2 lead singer Bono earlier this week.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)