Oct 23, 2012, 6:15 PM EST
His Alpine adventure ends after 14 games and not scoring a goal.
Aug 13, 2012, 2:47 PM EST
He’s trading in Phoenix for Zurich.
Jun 19, 2012, 12:22 PM EST
A deal still could be reached with the Coyotes, however.
May 9, 2012, 2:03 PM EST
Stellar month gave the Coyotes belief they could play with anybody.
May 8, 2012, 11:52 AM EST
The Kings and Coyotes will meet in the playoffs for the first time ever.
Apr 30, 2012, 12:36 PM EST
And that’s an understatement.
Apr 25, 2012, 1:59 PM EST
This marks the first playoff meeting ever between the Predators and Coyotes.
Apr 19, 2012, 2:15 PM EST
Coyotes down a trio of forwards heading into tonight’s game vs. Chicago.
Feb 22, 2012, 9:35 AM EST
He’ll at least be out of tonight’s game and possibly more.
Jan 12, 2012, 8:08 PM EST
To be fair, Dean Lombardi’s Bernie Madoff comparison was pretty funny, though.
Jan 10, 2012, 12:44 PM EST
Former sixth overall pick headed to the desert.
Oct 2, 2011, 6:39 PM EST
While 2011 top draft pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is sticking around in Edmoton, Gilbert Brule is being waived away.
Sep 9, 2011, 1:18 AM EST
After an offseason that has featured Bono hitchhiking stories and trades that fell through, Gilbert Brule looks to overcome demons and bounce back for the Edmonton Oilers this season.
Jul 29, 2011, 9:14 PM EST
After weeks of confusion and public comments, the Kings have finally filed a grievance with the NHL towards the Edmonton Oilers regarding the Ryan Smyth/Colin Fraser trade.
Jul 19, 2011, 9:14 PM EST
An NHL mediator couldn’t resolve the Kings’ dispute with the Oilers regarding Colin Fraser’s health. Los Angeles now must decide if they want to file a grievance and leave the decision up to NHL commissioner Gary Bettman. Kings GM Dean Lombardi might just be mad enough to do it, too.
Kings GM Dean Lombardi: “Would have rather invested my money with Bernie Madoff than invest in Edmonton’s word”
Jul 8, 2011, 11:02 PM EST
Kings GM Dean Lombardi goes off on the Edmonton Oilers and the trust issues after not one, but two devious moves. At least, that’s HIS side of the story.
Jun 26, 2011, 12:45 PM EST
After struggling to make a deal work for two days, the Ryan Smyth deal is finally done. The Kings send Smyth back to Edmonton for Colin Fraser and a seventh round pick in 2012.
Jun 25, 2011, 6:21 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings and Edmonton Oilers have been trying to work out a trade with Ryan Smyth for days– and apparently there’s STILL no trade in place.
Jun 24, 2011, 8:09 PM EST
The Oilers avoided the disaster of the Flames nabbing their former player by reportedly sending Gilbert Brule and a fourth round pick to the Kings for Ryan Smyth.
Jun 2, 2011, 3:46 AM EST
Here’s a story you won’t read every day: Oilers forward Gilbert Brule apparently picked up an unlikely hitchhiker in the form of U2 lead singer Bono earlier this week.
Jan 7, 2011, 9:21 PM EST
A bruised chest/abdomen will keep Gilbert Brule out of tonight’s Oilers-Canucks game. Kurtis Foster will be back in Edmonton’s lineup, though.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)