Jul 6, 2011, 11:12 AM EDT
If the 2011-12 season began today, the Capitals might have a little trouble getting under the salary cap ceiling after today’s two-year, $4.7 million deal for Troy Brouwer.
Jul 3, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
Tomas Vokoun’s surprise (and cheap) signing in Washington showed that he learned a lesson after Evgeni Nabokov’s failed free agent campaign last year: When to swallow your pride.
Jul 3, 2011, 11:59 AM EDT
After the free wheeling and spending the Caps and Sabres have done this offseason, they find themselves in a salary cap bind and a few of their own players to retain. So what happens now?
Jul 2, 2011, 8:01 PM EDT
We can say the Capitals are officially strong contenders for the Stanley Cup now that they’ve locked up Tomas Vokoun to be their goalie next season at a discount price.
Jul 1, 2011, 8:53 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche headed into today’s free agent frenzy with no goalies on their roster. While they ended the day with two NHL-caliber guys, the road taken to get them has everyone scratching their heads.
Jul 1, 2011, 3:56 PM EDT
After adding Joel Ward and Roman Hamrlik, the Capitals took another step toward being the playoff-proven team that critics demand.
Jul 1, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
It’s free agent day and Brad Richards is the biggest prize on the market. But where will he go? Here’s five places we think he’s got a great shot at landing at.
Jun 29, 2011, 5:23 PM EDT
Restricted free agent to-be Semyon Varlamov won’t be waiting around for the Capitals to make him an offer as he’s headed to the KHL to free up the Caps three-way goalie jumble.
Jun 28, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
The Caps are keeping the heart and soul guy Brooks Laich around for six more years at an incredible price. This year’s free agent crop gets a lot less interesting because of that.
Jun 16, 2011, 11:31 AM EDT
The Washington Capitals announced that former goalie great Olie Kolzig will mentor new goalies as the team’s associate goalie coach.
May 5, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
Caps GM George McPhee expects coach Bruce Boudreau to be back next season. Should he be though?
May 5, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Change will be coming in Washington next season. That’s not all we’re on about today though as we point the finger at Brian Boucher for Game 3 and praise the Lightning’s secondary scorers.
May 4, 2011, 11:26 PM EDT
The Caps are done getting swept out of the playoffs after a 5-3 loss to Tampa Bay. The Lightning are very real and now they wait for their next opponent in the Eastern Conference final.
May 4, 2011, 9:51 AM EDT
Say, these Capitals look a bit familiar and that’s not a good thing. Getting off of Alex Ovechkin’s case would be wise but Bruce Boudreau is officially on notice. Also, Kesler fixes the Canucks power play while Shea Weber seethes.
Mar 2, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
This week, Mike Milbury answers your questions about whether or not the Caps and Stars made the right moves at the trade deadline.
Jan 27, 2011, 11:12 AM EDT
Rather than waiting until the end of the season to lock him in, the Capitals have once again signed Alexander Semin to a one-year extension mid-season reportedly worth $6.7 million.
Dec 23, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
The latest episode of HBO’s 24/7 shows us that Bruce Boudreau seems to have a better handle on the locker room while the Caps don’t seem to handle criticism all too well.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)