Jul 3, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
Tomas Vokoun’s surprise (and cheap) signing in Washington showed that he learned a lesson after Evgeni Nabokov’s failed free agent campaign last year: When to swallow your pride.
Jul 3, 2011, 11:59 AM EDT
After the free wheeling and spending the Caps and Sabres have done this offseason, they find themselves in a salary cap bind and a few of their own players to retain. So what happens now?
Jul 2, 2011, 8:01 PM EDT
We can say the Capitals are officially strong contenders for the Stanley Cup now that they’ve locked up Tomas Vokoun to be their goalie next season at a discount price.
Jul 1, 2011, 8:53 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche headed into today’s free agent frenzy with no goalies on their roster. While they ended the day with two NHL-caliber guys, the road taken to get them has everyone scratching their heads.
Jul 1, 2011, 3:56 PM EDT
After adding Joel Ward and Roman Hamrlik, the Capitals took another step toward being the playoff-proven team that critics demand.
Jul 1, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
It’s free agent day and Brad Richards is the biggest prize on the market. But where will he go? Here’s five places we think he’s got a great shot at landing at.
Jun 29, 2011, 5:23 PM EDT
Restricted free agent to-be Semyon Varlamov won’t be waiting around for the Capitals to make him an offer as he’s headed to the KHL to free up the Caps three-way goalie jumble.
Jun 28, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
The Caps are keeping the heart and soul guy Brooks Laich around for six more years at an incredible price. This year’s free agent crop gets a lot less interesting because of that.
Jun 16, 2011, 11:31 AM EDT
The Washington Capitals announced that former goalie great Olie Kolzig will mentor new goalies as the team’s associate goalie coach.
May 5, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
Caps GM George McPhee expects coach Bruce Boudreau to be back next season. Should he be though?
May 5, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Change will be coming in Washington next season. That’s not all we’re on about today though as we point the finger at Brian Boucher for Game 3 and praise the Lightning’s secondary scorers.
May 4, 2011, 11:26 PM EDT
The Caps are done getting swept out of the playoffs after a 5-3 loss to Tampa Bay. The Lightning are very real and now they wait for their next opponent in the Eastern Conference final.
May 4, 2011, 9:51 AM EDT
Say, these Capitals look a bit familiar and that’s not a good thing. Getting off of Alex Ovechkin’s case would be wise but Bruce Boudreau is officially on notice. Also, Kesler fixes the Canucks power play while Shea Weber seethes.
Mar 2, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
This week, Mike Milbury answers your questions about whether or not the Caps and Stars made the right moves at the trade deadline.
Jan 27, 2011, 11:12 AM EDT
Rather than waiting until the end of the season to lock him in, the Capitals have once again signed Alexander Semin to a one-year extension mid-season reportedly worth $6.7 million.
Dec 23, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
The latest episode of HBO’s 24/7 shows us that Bruce Boudreau seems to have a better handle on the locker room while the Caps don’t seem to handle criticism all too well.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (152)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)