Jan 17, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
Get all the gory details!
Jan 12, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
He thought he’d been traded.
Dec 28, 2011, 8:56 AM EDT
With teams able to make deals again, here’s a quick hit list of who might be on the move.
Dec 22, 2011, 1:53 PM EDT
So that’s good news.
Dec 14, 2011, 9:21 PM EDT
He admits he’s in “one of those funks.”
Dec 14, 2011, 1:41 PM EDT
Former Norris candidate has missed 21 of the past 22 games.
Dec 6, 2011, 1:27 AM EDT
The Red Wings and Capitals’ brass seem especially happy about the news.
Nov 30, 2011, 10:03 AM EDT
Bruce Boudreau finally speaks after being fired and says he gave it his all.
Nov 29, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
What you see cannot be unseen and there’s a video in here you’ll want to see. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 28, 2011, 2:31 PM EDT
Defense to be the focus under Dale Hunter.
Nov 28, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
Now that Bruce Boudreau is gone, it’s up to No. 8 to respond.
Nov 28, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
“The players were no longer responding to Bruce.”
Nov 28, 2011, 8:32 AM EDT
When there’s smoke, there’s fire and there was plenty of it surrounding the Caps. Bruce Boudreau is out and now Dale Hunter inherits a team in need of a kick in the pants.
Nov 23, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Joel Ward sleeps in, feels the wrath.
Nov 22, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Caps GM stands by his coach.
Oct 6, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
The Capitals took a tough situation – being unable to sign Semyon Varlamov – and turned it into two moves that could set the stage for some special times in Washington.
Sep 29, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Jason Chimera’s speed and defensive tenacity are his strengths and that makes him worth $3.5 million to the Caps for two more years. Wait, what?
Sep 17, 2011, 11:57 AM EDT
Tom Poti failed a physical today, which means he’ll likely go on the long-term injured reserve. That’s sad news for the defenseman, but it provides salary cap relief for the Capitals.
Aug 30, 2011, 9:43 PM EDT
If you were thinking the this season might be Mike Knuble’s last in the NHL… Good luck telling him that.
Aug 4, 2011, 7:42 PM EDT
So why did former NHL goalie Arturs Irbe leave his position as goalie coach of the Capitals? It’s a reason a lot of regular folks can identify with.
Aug 2, 2011, 7:45 PM EDT
Despite watching Caps GM George McPhee sign an outsider to take the #1 goaltending spot, Michal Neuvirth is saying all the right things as he prepares for next season.
Jul 22, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Tom Poti is working hard to fully recover from his groin injury before Caps’ training camp starts in September. But does Washington want him back? Better yet, can they afford him?
Jul 21, 2011, 2:48 AM EDT
Caps GM George McPhee reiterates that he does not plan on trading Alexander Semin during the offseason. Actually, he doesn’t plan on making any more moves period.
Jul 16, 2011, 11:00 PM EDT
Surprised that Karl Alzner wasn’t a target for an offer sheet as a restricted free agent? So were we and it shows why no one is going to take a shot at signing Drew Doughty or Steven Stamkos.
McPhee magic: Caps re-sign Karl Alzner to two-year, $2.57 million deal; Is restricted free agency working?
Jul 15, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
We’re not sure what it is Caps GM George McPhee is saying in negotiations, but we’re suspecting he’s got a little bit of Obi-Wan Kenobi in him after signing Karl Alzner.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)