Jan 12, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
He thought he’d been traded.
Dec 28, 2011, 8:56 AM EST
With teams able to make deals again, here’s a quick hit list of who might be on the move.
Dec 22, 2011, 1:53 PM EST
So that’s good news.
Dec 14, 2011, 9:21 PM EST
He admits he’s in “one of those funks.”
Dec 14, 2011, 1:41 PM EST
Former Norris candidate has missed 21 of the past 22 games.
Dec 6, 2011, 1:27 AM EST
The Red Wings and Capitals’ brass seem especially happy about the news.
Nov 30, 2011, 10:03 AM EST
Bruce Boudreau finally speaks after being fired and says he gave it his all.
Nov 29, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
What you see cannot be unseen and there’s a video in here you’ll want to see. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 28, 2011, 2:31 PM EST
Defense to be the focus under Dale Hunter.
Nov 28, 2011, 1:26 PM EST
Now that Bruce Boudreau is gone, it’s up to No. 8 to respond.
Nov 28, 2011, 12:40 PM EST
“The players were no longer responding to Bruce.”
Nov 28, 2011, 8:32 AM EST
When there’s smoke, there’s fire and there was plenty of it surrounding the Caps. Bruce Boudreau is out and now Dale Hunter inherits a team in need of a kick in the pants.
Nov 23, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
Joel Ward sleeps in, feels the wrath.
Nov 22, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Caps GM stands by his coach.
Oct 6, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
The Capitals took a tough situation – being unable to sign Semyon Varlamov – and turned it into two moves that could set the stage for some special times in Washington.
Sep 29, 2011, 12:25 PM EST
Jason Chimera’s speed and defensive tenacity are his strengths and that makes him worth $3.5 million to the Caps for two more years. Wait, what?
Sep 17, 2011, 11:57 AM EST
Tom Poti failed a physical today, which means he’ll likely go on the long-term injured reserve. That’s sad news for the defenseman, but it provides salary cap relief for the Capitals.
Aug 30, 2011, 9:43 PM EST
If you were thinking the this season might be Mike Knuble’s last in the NHL… Good luck telling him that.
Aug 4, 2011, 7:42 PM EST
So why did former NHL goalie Arturs Irbe leave his position as goalie coach of the Capitals? It’s a reason a lot of regular folks can identify with.
Aug 2, 2011, 7:45 PM EST
Despite watching Caps GM George McPhee sign an outsider to take the #1 goaltending spot, Michal Neuvirth is saying all the right things as he prepares for next season.
Jul 22, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Tom Poti is working hard to fully recover from his groin injury before Caps’ training camp starts in September. But does Washington want him back? Better yet, can they afford him?
Jul 21, 2011, 2:48 AM EST
Caps GM George McPhee reiterates that he does not plan on trading Alexander Semin during the offseason. Actually, he doesn’t plan on making any more moves period.
Jul 16, 2011, 11:00 PM EST
Surprised that Karl Alzner wasn’t a target for an offer sheet as a restricted free agent? So were we and it shows why no one is going to take a shot at signing Drew Doughty or Steven Stamkos.
McPhee magic: Caps re-sign Karl Alzner to two-year, $2.57 million deal; Is restricted free agency working?
Jul 15, 2011, 11:35 AM EST
We’re not sure what it is Caps GM George McPhee is saying in negotiations, but we’re suspecting he’s got a little bit of Obi-Wan Kenobi in him after signing Karl Alzner.
Jul 6, 2011, 11:12 AM EST
If the 2011-12 season began today, the Capitals might have a little trouble getting under the salary cap ceiling after today’s two-year, $4.7 million deal for Troy Brouwer.
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 1
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 5
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 10
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)