Apr 1, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Evgeni Nabokov ponders his future with or without the Islanders. Click “Read More” for the lowdown.
Mar 5, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
Islanders GM Garth Snow gave his thoughts on Trevor Gillies’ 10-game suspension today and showed that he’s missing the big picture.
Mar 4, 2011, 3:43 PM EDT
Colin Campbell weighed in on Trevor Gillies going after the head of Cal Clutterbuck and the Islanders enforcer will sit for 10 games.
Mar 3, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Islanders forward Trevor Gillies made his return from his nine game suspension last night. He celebrated it by getting right back to making yet another dirty hit. Colin Campbell, you’ve got a job to do.
Feb 9, 2011, 7:34 PM EDT
The Islanders added a goalie to their injury-ravaged rotation after sending a sixth round pick to the Coyotes for Al Montoya.
Jan 27, 2011, 6:12 PM EDT
If you were thinking Matt Moulson might be traded at the deadline this year, think again. The Islanders have extended his deal for another three years.
Jan 25, 2011, 7:06 PM EDT
NHL on NBC’s Mike Milbury talks with Tiffany Simons about Peter Forsberg’s return and Evgeni Nabokov’s situation with the Islanders.
Jan 25, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
The Islanders suspended Evgeni Nabokov for refusing to report to the team after being claimed on waivers. Drama begets drama once again on Long Island.
Jan 24, 2011, 11:53 AM EDT
The drama continues between Evgeni Nabokov and the New York Islanders, as the Russian goalie reportedly hung up on Isles GM Garth Snow.
Jan 22, 2011, 4:52 PM EDT
The Evgeni Nabokov soap opera continues, as his agent confirms that the Russian goalie will not report to the New York Islanders.
Dec 5, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
Should the NHL take over the fledgling New York Islanders franchise, as New York Post writer Larry Brooks suggests?
Nov 18, 2010, 9:22 PM EDT
By now you’ve read about it or heard about it on the radio, but the paranoia over having bad things said about the team on Long Island has reached a new high, leading to team pulling the media credentials of one time team PR man Chris Botta. Botta, who worked for the Islanders for 20…
Nov 15, 2010, 11:18 AM EDT
A lot of coaches don’t often get to survive a ten-game losing streak. Scott Gordon is one of those guys, but can you really blame him?
Nov 7, 2010, 11:57 AM EDT
If you’re one to believe a semi-blind item by Larry Brooks of the New York Post, then you’ll believe that Islanders head coach Scott Gordon is on the hot seat. A seven-game losing streak can make that happen.
Oct 28, 2010, 6:22 PM EDT
Turns out that Nino Niederreiter won’t be leading the charge for the Islanders this season. He’s headed back to his junior team in the WHL.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (65)