Apr 1, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Evgeni Nabokov ponders his future with or without the Islanders. Click “Read More” for the lowdown.
Mar 5, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
Islanders GM Garth Snow gave his thoughts on Trevor Gillies’ 10-game suspension today and showed that he’s missing the big picture.
Mar 4, 2011, 3:43 PM EDT
Colin Campbell weighed in on Trevor Gillies going after the head of Cal Clutterbuck and the Islanders enforcer will sit for 10 games.
Mar 3, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Islanders forward Trevor Gillies made his return from his nine game suspension last night. He celebrated it by getting right back to making yet another dirty hit. Colin Campbell, you’ve got a job to do.
Feb 9, 2011, 7:34 PM EDT
The Islanders added a goalie to their injury-ravaged rotation after sending a sixth round pick to the Coyotes for Al Montoya.
Jan 27, 2011, 6:12 PM EDT
If you were thinking Matt Moulson might be traded at the deadline this year, think again. The Islanders have extended his deal for another three years.
Jan 25, 2011, 7:06 PM EDT
NHL on NBC’s Mike Milbury talks with Tiffany Simons about Peter Forsberg’s return and Evgeni Nabokov’s situation with the Islanders.
Jan 25, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
The Islanders suspended Evgeni Nabokov for refusing to report to the team after being claimed on waivers. Drama begets drama once again on Long Island.
Jan 24, 2011, 11:53 AM EDT
The drama continues between Evgeni Nabokov and the New York Islanders, as the Russian goalie reportedly hung up on Isles GM Garth Snow.
Jan 22, 2011, 4:52 PM EDT
The Evgeni Nabokov soap opera continues, as his agent confirms that the Russian goalie will not report to the New York Islanders.
Dec 5, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
Should the NHL take over the fledgling New York Islanders franchise, as New York Post writer Larry Brooks suggests?
Nov 18, 2010, 9:22 PM EDT
By now you’ve read about it or heard about it on the radio, but the paranoia over having bad things said about the team on Long Island has reached a new high, leading to team pulling the media credentials of one time team PR man Chris Botta. Botta, who worked for the Islanders for 20…
Nov 15, 2010, 11:18 AM EDT
A lot of coaches don’t often get to survive a ten-game losing streak. Scott Gordon is one of those guys, but can you really blame him?
Nov 7, 2010, 11:57 AM EDT
If you’re one to believe a semi-blind item by Larry Brooks of the New York Post, then you’ll believe that Islanders head coach Scott Gordon is on the hot seat. A seven-game losing streak can make that happen.
Oct 28, 2010, 6:22 PM EDT
Turns out that Nino Niederreiter won’t be leading the charge for the Islanders this season. He’s headed back to his junior team in the WHL.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)