Game of the Week
Apr 10, 2011, 12:46 AM EST
Detroit will be shorthanded because of injuries on Sunday, but Chicago can relate with some of their banged up players. This post gives an update on Dave Bolland, Troy Brouwer, Tomas Kopecky and Patrick Sharp.
Apr 3, 2011, 12:46 AM EST
The Rangers and Sabres currently hold the bottom two playoff spots in the East, but big Sunday games (New York vs. Philadelphia; Buffalo vs. Carolina) could affect the bubble in a big way. This post breaks down the stretch runs for the Rangers and Sabres, along with the Hurricanes and Maple Leafs.
Apr 2, 2011, 11:44 PM EST
This time around, the Flyers will have something big on the line against the Rangers in the NBC Game of the Week. This post breaks down the road ahead for Washington and Philadelphia, two teams fighting for home ice advantage in the Eastern Conference.
Mar 20, 2011, 1:27 PM EST
Jordan Staal scored for the Penguins while Artem Anisimov provided the Rangers’ tally to lock both teams up at 1-1 after the first period of the latest NBC Game of the Week.
Mar 20, 2011, 1:16 AM EST
Even before he left Friday’s game against the Canadiens with a sore neck, the Rangers have been leaning on goalie Henrik Lundvist too much. Could it be that Martin Biron’s injury was a bigger deal than it might have seemed?
Mar 19, 2011, 8:44 PM EST
While his team finds a way to grind out wins and points without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, Kris Letang is on a considerable scoring slump. Should the Penguins be worried about their 23-year-old offensive defenseman?
Mar 12, 2011, 10:24 PM EST
Jonathan Toews had a great 2009-10 season, but his red-hot last couple months have propelled him into the Hart Trophy discussion for the first time in his outstanding young career.
Mar 11, 2011, 3:38 PM EST
While the Blackhawks and Capitals rarely play against each other, they won’t have the luxury of taking it easy because both teams need every point they can get. The fact that they’re also playing some of their best hockey means Sunday’s Game of the Week could produce some fireworks.
Mar 6, 2011, 1:29 PM EST
Ryan Callahan and the New York Rangers came storming out of the gate in this game, as the gritty and talented forward scored two goals to give the team a 2-0 lead. Yet when many discuss this period, the officiating might steal the spotlight.
Feb 13, 2011, 2:49 PM EST
Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury discuss their shared belief that the Penguins-Islanders game went over the line in this video.
Feb 6, 2011, 5:39 PM EST
Brooks Laich discusses the Capitals’ defensive-minded win against the Penguins in this video clip.
Feb 6, 2011, 2:12 PM EST
The Capitals bolstered their lead to 2-0 thanks to a Marcus Johansson shorthanded goal, but it could have been worse for Pittsburgh if Marc-Andre Fleury didn’t make some huge saves.
Feb 5, 2011, 11:18 PM EST
If the playoffs started tonight, the Penguins would host the Capitals in a first round series. Here is a detailed discussion of such a tantalizing scenario.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)