Game of the Week
Apr 10, 2011, 12:46 AM EDT
Detroit will be shorthanded because of injuries on Sunday, but Chicago can relate with some of their banged up players. This post gives an update on Dave Bolland, Troy Brouwer, Tomas Kopecky and Patrick Sharp.
Apr 3, 2011, 12:46 AM EDT
The Rangers and Sabres currently hold the bottom two playoff spots in the East, but big Sunday games (New York vs. Philadelphia; Buffalo vs. Carolina) could affect the bubble in a big way. This post breaks down the stretch runs for the Rangers and Sabres, along with the Hurricanes and Maple Leafs.
Apr 2, 2011, 11:44 PM EDT
This time around, the Flyers will have something big on the line against the Rangers in the NBC Game of the Week. This post breaks down the road ahead for Washington and Philadelphia, two teams fighting for home ice advantage in the Eastern Conference.
Mar 20, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
Jordan Staal scored for the Penguins while Artem Anisimov provided the Rangers’ tally to lock both teams up at 1-1 after the first period of the latest NBC Game of the Week.
Mar 20, 2011, 1:16 AM EDT
Even before he left Friday’s game against the Canadiens with a sore neck, the Rangers have been leaning on goalie Henrik Lundvist too much. Could it be that Martin Biron’s injury was a bigger deal than it might have seemed?
Mar 19, 2011, 8:44 PM EDT
While his team finds a way to grind out wins and points without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, Kris Letang is on a considerable scoring slump. Should the Penguins be worried about their 23-year-old offensive defenseman?
Mar 12, 2011, 10:24 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews had a great 2009-10 season, but his red-hot last couple months have propelled him into the Hart Trophy discussion for the first time in his outstanding young career.
Mar 11, 2011, 3:38 PM EDT
While the Blackhawks and Capitals rarely play against each other, they won’t have the luxury of taking it easy because both teams need every point they can get. The fact that they’re also playing some of their best hockey means Sunday’s Game of the Week could produce some fireworks.
Mar 6, 2011, 1:29 PM EDT
Ryan Callahan and the New York Rangers came storming out of the gate in this game, as the gritty and talented forward scored two goals to give the team a 2-0 lead. Yet when many discuss this period, the officiating might steal the spotlight.
Feb 13, 2011, 2:49 PM EDT
Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury discuss their shared belief that the Penguins-Islanders game went over the line in this video.
Feb 6, 2011, 5:39 PM EDT
Brooks Laich discusses the Capitals’ defensive-minded win against the Penguins in this video clip.
Feb 6, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
The Capitals bolstered their lead to 2-0 thanks to a Marcus Johansson shorthanded goal, but it could have been worse for Pittsburgh if Marc-Andre Fleury didn’t make some huge saves.
Feb 5, 2011, 11:18 PM EDT
If the playoffs started tonight, the Penguins would host the Capitals in a first round series. Here is a detailed discussion of such a tantalizing scenario.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)