Apr 22, 2012, 7:33 PM EST
The Capitals don’t seem shocked that the series went to a Game 7.
Apr 22, 2012, 7:09 PM EST
Three of the Bruins’ four series went to a Game 7 last year.
Jun 16, 2011, 6:41 PM EST
Patrice Bergeron has come a long way since his career was seemingly derailed by concussions. Want proof? He faced the enviable question of deciding which was more thrilling: winning a gold medal or the Stanley Cup. Bergeron opted for the Cup.
Jun 16, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
While many Canucks fans will want to get rid of him, Roberto Luongo seems positive about the team’s chances of getting back to the Stanley Cup finals.
Jun 16, 2011, 4:20 AM EST
Here are some of the most memorable (and unsettling) photos we’ve seen from the ugly Vancouver riot. Warning: these images might be disturbing. (Updated with the “rioters in love” photo.)
Jun 16, 2011, 3:13 AM EST
Despite widely being considered a solid team, the Bruins still surprised many by winning the 2011 Stanley Cup. Can they pull it off again next year? Check out this post for some thoughts and that provide your own opinion by voting in the poll.
Jun 16, 2011, 2:00 AM EST
Check out Star and Net Cam footage from Game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.
Jun 16, 2011, 12:59 AM EST
In a scene that was sadly reminiscent of how locals reacted to the Game 7 defeat of the 1994 Vancouver Canucks, riots broke out following the team’s 4-0 loss to the Boston Bruins tonight.
Jun 16, 2011, 12:26 AM EST
Shortly after winning his third Stanley Cup, Mark Recchi made his rumored retirement official tonight. He shouldn’t have many regrets after a prolific 22-year career, either.
Jun 15, 2011, 11:53 PM EST
While most people were expecting Tim Thomas to win the Conn Smythe Trophy whether he won or lost, pitching a 37-save shutout in Game 7 solidified his historic run. Read more about his journey (and the many records he broke along the way) in this post.
Jun 15, 2011, 10:10 PM EST
Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron and Tim Thomas are emerging as Boston’s Game 7 heroes through two periods, giving the Bruins a 3-0 lead.
Jun 15, 2011, 9:08 PM EST
Jun 15, 2011, 8:00 PM EST
The PHT Stanley Cup Game 7 live chat is under way. Get in here and get on it already.
Jun 15, 2011, 6:41 PM EST
The latest report indicates that tonight’s Game 7 will be the final NHL game of Mark Recchi’s 22-year career, whether he wins or loses.
Jun 15, 2011, 2:41 PM EST
So you think you want to go to Game 7 tonight in Vancouver, I hope you’re made of money because it’s going to cost you a lot.
Jun 15, 2011, 1:23 PM EST
Yes, there will be a live chat tonight. Yes, you’ll want in on it.
Jun 15, 2011, 12:52 PM EST
A pair of players in tonight’s Game 7 have the horrible experience of knowing what it’s like to lose in a Stanley Cup finals Game 7.
Jun 14, 2011, 5:31 PM EST
Neither teams have been to a Game 7 in the Stanley Cup finals with their main core groups (if ever), but they’ve already played in a Game 7 or two in this year’s playoffs. Let’s look back at how they played in those games.
Jun 14, 2011, 1:56 PM EST
The Bruins and Canucks will play in the 16th Game 7 in Stanley Cup finals history on Wednesday night. Let’s take a look at how the other 15 turned out.
Jun 14, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Mason Raymond won’t just miss Game 7 after Johnny Boychuk caught him with an awkward hit in Game 6. A vertebra compression fracture will likely sideline him between three and six months overall.
Jun 14, 2011, 12:03 PM EST
The Canucks’ embarrassing Game 6 loss was a huge blow to the team and the fans, but everyone else excitedly thought: “We get a Game 7!”
May 27, 2011, 11:35 PM EST
Dwayne Roloson nearly stole the game with his 37-save performance, but Nathan Horton’s goal was all Tim Thomas and the Bruins needed to win 1-0. This catapults Boston into its first Stanley Cup finals appearance since 1990.
May 27, 2011, 9:59 PM EST
If you ever wondered if Lightning star Steven Stamkos is tough, let this video and post squash any of your doubts.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 40
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)