front office news
Jun 7, 2012, 6:57 PM EDT
Davidson might be too pricey in a new Blues era.
May 2, 2012, 1:53 AM EDT
Another Blackhawks front office member gets the call.
Oct 4, 2011, 5:16 PM EDT
Stan Bowman continues to make a name for himself after living in his famous father’s shadow. The Blackhawks signed the league’s youngest GM to a three-year contract extension today.
Jun 16, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
The Avalanche announced some front office moves today, including Adam Deadmarsh’s promotion to the position of assistant coach.
Jun 13, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
The Stars are expected to officially promote Glen Gulutzan – the head coach of their AHL affiliate Texas Stars – to the big club’s top spot sometime this week.
Jun 10, 2011, 2:29 PM EDT
True North replaced many Thrashers staffers with Manitoba Moose employees while key coaching staff members wonder about their future. Speaking of the Moose: they’ll play in St. John’s N.L. next season.
Jun 8, 2011, 5:38 PM EDT
The Penguins made Bill Guerin their player development coach. This post elaborates on his role and also depicts the stability the franchise is setting up for itself.
Jun 7, 2011, 6:33 PM EDT
Reports indicate that Blackhawks assistant GM Kevin Cheveldayoff will become the GM for Winnipeg’s new team.
Jun 7, 2011, 12:57 PM EDT
The Hurricanes added Dave Lewis to its coaching staff, while promoting Ron Francis and Rod Brind’Amour within their organization. They also moved Tom Rowe to a scouting position on a busy day of front office tweaks.
Jun 6, 2011, 4:09 PM EDT
The Flames made Craig Hartsburg an associate coach and Jamie Pringle their new video guy while the Blue Jackets named Ian Clark as their new goalie coach.
Jun 5, 2011, 6:27 PM EDT
One report indicates that True North offered their newly vacated GM position to Chicago assistant GM Kevin Cheveldayoff.
May 26, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Doug Weight officially retired from the NHL today. He’ll take on a role as an assistant GM and assistant coach with the Islanders going forward.
May 16, 2011, 3:23 PM EDT
The Flames removed the “interim” from Jay Feaster’s job title today, making him the team’s full-fledged GM.
May 3, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
The Blues franchise is in a transitional period right now, but team president John Davidson should see it through.
Feb 25, 2011, 9:37 PM EDT
The Ducks committed to the general manager who took over for Brian Burke, as the team handed Bob Murray a four-year extension.
Dec 28, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
Darryl Sutter stepped down as the Calgary Flames general manager, a role that now immediately belongs to former Tampa Bay Lightning GM Jay Feaster.
Dec 22, 2010, 11:47 PM EDT
While the Thrashers are sporting a clearer vision on the ice, the team (and the NBA’s Atlanta Hawks) cleared up their ownership situation off the ice, too.
Oct 11, 2010, 10:05 PM EDT
As a player, Luc Robitaille was a big part of the Los Angeles Kings’ greatest moments, especially in the ’90s. While “Lucky Luc” won’t score another goal for the franchise, the Kings still find him to be a valuable asset. It’s just that now he’s a member of the team’s front office rather than a…
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (32)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)