front office news
Jun 7, 2012, 6:57 PM EST
Davidson might be too pricey in a new Blues era.
May 2, 2012, 1:53 AM EST
Another Blackhawks front office member gets the call.
Oct 4, 2011, 5:16 PM EST
Stan Bowman continues to make a name for himself after living in his famous father’s shadow. The Blackhawks signed the league’s youngest GM to a three-year contract extension today.
Jun 16, 2011, 2:10 PM EST
The Avalanche announced some front office moves today, including Adam Deadmarsh’s promotion to the position of assistant coach.
Jun 13, 2011, 5:17 PM EST
The Stars are expected to officially promote Glen Gulutzan – the head coach of their AHL affiliate Texas Stars – to the big club’s top spot sometime this week.
Jun 10, 2011, 2:29 PM EST
True North replaced many Thrashers staffers with Manitoba Moose employees while key coaching staff members wonder about their future. Speaking of the Moose: they’ll play in St. John’s N.L. next season.
Jun 8, 2011, 5:38 PM EST
The Penguins made Bill Guerin their player development coach. This post elaborates on his role and also depicts the stability the franchise is setting up for itself.
Jun 7, 2011, 6:33 PM EST
Reports indicate that Blackhawks assistant GM Kevin Cheveldayoff will become the GM for Winnipeg’s new team.
Jun 7, 2011, 12:57 PM EST
The Hurricanes added Dave Lewis to its coaching staff, while promoting Ron Francis and Rod Brind’Amour within their organization. They also moved Tom Rowe to a scouting position on a busy day of front office tweaks.
Jun 6, 2011, 4:09 PM EST
The Flames made Craig Hartsburg an associate coach and Jamie Pringle their new video guy while the Blue Jackets named Ian Clark as their new goalie coach.
Jun 5, 2011, 6:27 PM EST
One report indicates that True North offered their newly vacated GM position to Chicago assistant GM Kevin Cheveldayoff.
May 26, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
Doug Weight officially retired from the NHL today. He’ll take on a role as an assistant GM and assistant coach with the Islanders going forward.
May 16, 2011, 3:23 PM EST
The Flames removed the “interim” from Jay Feaster’s job title today, making him the team’s full-fledged GM.
May 3, 2011, 11:24 PM EST
The Blues franchise is in a transitional period right now, but team president John Davidson should see it through.
Feb 25, 2011, 9:37 PM EST
The Ducks committed to the general manager who took over for Brian Burke, as the team handed Bob Murray a four-year extension.
Dec 28, 2010, 2:45 PM EST
Darryl Sutter stepped down as the Calgary Flames general manager, a role that now immediately belongs to former Tampa Bay Lightning GM Jay Feaster.
Dec 22, 2010, 11:47 PM EST
While the Thrashers are sporting a clearer vision on the ice, the team (and the NBA’s Atlanta Hawks) cleared up their ownership situation off the ice, too.
Oct 11, 2010, 10:05 PM EST
As a player, Luc Robitaille was a big part of the Los Angeles Kings’ greatest moments, especially in the ’90s. While “Lucky Luc” won’t score another goal for the franchise, the Kings still find him to be a valuable asset. It’s just that now he’s a member of the team’s front office rather than a…
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)