free agent signings
Mar 5, 2012, 8:21 PM EST
Turco will need to clear waivers to become a Bruin, though.
Feb 7, 2012, 7:25 PM EST
$11 million for one of the NHL’s most underrated forwards.
Jul 29, 2011, 7:45 PM EST
After more than 1,300 NHL games and more than 1,000 points, Alexei Kovalev’s NHL career has probably come to an end. Today, he signed a two-year deal with the KHL’s Atlant Mytishchi.
Jul 24, 2011, 11:57 PM EST
The newest member of the Pittsburgh Penguins thinks he can have the best year of his career
Jul 21, 2011, 12:00 AM EST
James Wisniewski and Jeff Carter finally met with the media in Columbus. The next step: bringing the playoffs back to Columbus.
Jul 15, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Erik Cole braved the Montreal media for the first time and did his best to win over fans and reporters by saying, “I am proud to play for a team that has such passionate fans…” in French.
Jul 8, 2011, 9:17 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks continued to fill out their roster for the 2011-12 season by signing free agents Benn Ferriero and Ben Guite on Friday evening.
Jul 8, 2011, 3:25 AM EST
The Blues were able to acquire some much needed veteran leadership when they signed Jaime Langenbrunner and Jason Arnott to 1-year deals. Now that they have the vets in the locker room, are the Blues legitimate playoff contenders?
Jan 17, 2011, 11:44 AM EST
The long awaited signing of Kyle Wellwood has gone down. Now the Blues wait to see if they get sniped on waivers again.
Jan 13, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
The St. Louis Blues hunt for Kyle Wellwood isn’t going quite as smoothly as they were hoping.
Jan 4, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
A couple months ago, rumors surfaced that the Tampa Bay Lightning were interested in adding offensive defenseman Marc-Andre Bergeron. It sounds like those rumors were justified.
Dec 28, 2010, 11:55 AM EST
He might need to clear waivers first, but the injury-depleted Blues announced that they signed former Avs forward Marek Svatos to a one-year deal today.
Nov 30, 2010, 8:02 PM EST
Two players who have spent most of their careers in the minors signed deals today, as the Islanders inked Jeremy Colliton and the Thrashers gave Tim Stapleton a two year deal.
Oct 11, 2010, 2:39 PM EST
We’ve given you reports recently about the possible signings of Andreas Lilja in Anaheim and Brian McGrattan in Boston and if you’ve been waiting with bated breath to know if either of these guys will land with those teams, today is your big day. The Anaheim Ducks confirmed that they have signed defenseman Andreas Lilja…
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)