free agent signings
Mar 5, 2012, 8:21 PM EDT
Turco will need to clear waivers to become a Bruin, though.
Feb 7, 2012, 7:25 PM EDT
$11 million for one of the NHL’s most underrated forwards.
Jul 29, 2011, 7:45 PM EDT
After more than 1,300 NHL games and more than 1,000 points, Alexei Kovalev’s NHL career has probably come to an end. Today, he signed a two-year deal with the KHL’s Atlant Mytishchi.
Jul 24, 2011, 11:57 PM EDT
The newest member of the Pittsburgh Penguins thinks he can have the best year of his career
Jul 21, 2011, 12:00 AM EDT
James Wisniewski and Jeff Carter finally met with the media in Columbus. The next step: bringing the playoffs back to Columbus.
Jul 15, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Erik Cole braved the Montreal media for the first time and did his best to win over fans and reporters by saying, “I am proud to play for a team that has such passionate fans…” in French.
Jul 8, 2011, 9:17 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks continued to fill out their roster for the 2011-12 season by signing free agents Benn Ferriero and Ben Guite on Friday evening.
Jul 8, 2011, 3:25 AM EDT
The Blues were able to acquire some much needed veteran leadership when they signed Jaime Langenbrunner and Jason Arnott to 1-year deals. Now that they have the vets in the locker room, are the Blues legitimate playoff contenders?
Jan 17, 2011, 11:44 AM EDT
The long awaited signing of Kyle Wellwood has gone down. Now the Blues wait to see if they get sniped on waivers again.
Jan 13, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues hunt for Kyle Wellwood isn’t going quite as smoothly as they were hoping.
Jan 4, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
A couple months ago, rumors surfaced that the Tampa Bay Lightning were interested in adding offensive defenseman Marc-Andre Bergeron. It sounds like those rumors were justified.
Dec 28, 2010, 11:55 AM EDT
He might need to clear waivers first, but the injury-depleted Blues announced that they signed former Avs forward Marek Svatos to a one-year deal today.
Nov 30, 2010, 8:02 PM EDT
Two players who have spent most of their careers in the minors signed deals today, as the Islanders inked Jeremy Colliton and the Thrashers gave Tim Stapleton a two year deal.
Oct 11, 2010, 2:39 PM EDT
We’ve given you reports recently about the possible signings of Andreas Lilja in Anaheim and Brian McGrattan in Boston and if you’ve been waiting with bated breath to know if either of these guys will land with those teams, today is your big day. The Anaheim Ducks confirmed that they have signed defenseman Andreas Lilja…
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)