free agent signing
Sep 8, 2011, 7:56 PM EST
As the regular season approaches, teams are making their final moves before training camp. The Vancouver Canucks re-signed Victor Oreskovich to a 1-year deal while the Panthers and Coyotes swapped ECHL prospects.
Aug 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Newly acquired forward Matthew Lombardi continues to progress as he recovers from his concussion suffered ten months ago. If he can fully recover, how much can he help the Maple Leafs?
Jul 25, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
No one expects Vinny Prospal to make or break the Columbus Blue Jackets’ season next year. But if he can produce decent numbers while playing next to Jeff Carter and Rick Nash for a few months, he could help the team buy time until Kristian Huselius’ mid-season return.
Jul 15, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Steve Sullivan was excited to get a call from the Pittsburgh Penguins on July 1st. He says his #1 priority was to win the Stanley Cup and his #1 team was the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Jul 14, 2011, 11:42 PM EST
The New Jersey Devils wasted no time finding an enforcer to replaced the recently traded Pierre-Luc Letorneau-Leblond. Cam Janssen, the fighting ring is all yours.
Jun 21, 2011, 2:14 AM EST
Jaromir Jagr’s agent has contacted the Pittsburgh Penguins about a reunion… and the Pens are interested.
Feb 6, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
For better or for worse, Peter Forsberg decided to resume his NHL career with the Colorado Avalanche, according to Adrian Dater. Dater reports that Forsberg will not play in Monday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, though. Forsberg needed to make a decision (and sign a contract) by the end of today to be able to…
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 8
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 11
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 60
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (60)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)