Jun 9, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
There’s a lot to pick through after Game 4 and a lot of it has to do with Brad Marchand and the great job he’s done in this series and with things getting ugly for Roberto Luongo as well.
Jun 7, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
We learned a rather healthy amount about the Boston Bruins after tonight’s 8-1 beatdown in Boston as they pounded Vancouver to turn these Stanley Cup finals into a series.
Jun 5, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
Alex Burrows ability to pick apart the Bruins after upsetting them so much in Game 1 is a foreboding sign for what’s going on with the Bruins among other things.
Jun 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Last night’s Game 1 has given us a lot to chew on and not all of it is Patrice Bergeron’s glove.
May 28, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
What a Game 7 that was and you’d better believe there’s a few thoughts we’ve got about one of the better Game 7s we’ve seen.
May 26, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Five thoughts, seven games, nine goals in Game 6, and a whole lot of drama on tap for Game 7 on Friday night.
May 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Last night’s Game 5 series clincher by Vancouver gives us the chance to look back on the performances (or lack there of) from Roberto Luongo, Ryan Kesler, Joe Thornton, and Dany Heatley.
May 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
With all the firepower on display in this series between San Jose and Vancouver, leave it to Ben Eager to steal the attention thanks to some of his boneheaded plays.
May 18, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Tyler Seguin’s breakout in the playoffs is a more than welcome sight for Bruins fans’ eyes. It also puts the spotlight squarely on Bruins coach Claude Julien who had him sit out the first two rounds as a healthy scratch.
Apr 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Every good drama needs a heel and the Canucks are playing that role to the hilt. Also: Rinne and Luongo look for real, Barry Trotz’s slow burn, Winnipeg madness, and making clean hits the new dirty. Thanks NHL!
Apr 20, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Five thoughts today might be a bit bleary eyed after staying up late for last night’s incredible Sharks-Kings game from Los Angeles. We think these thoughts are clear.
Apr 18, 2011, 12:04 PM EST
In Five Thoughts today, we take a look at the Torres-Seabrook situation, the emergence of Mike Fisher, and the failure of the Blackhawks.
Apr 16, 2011, 11:26 AM EST
Today’s five thoughts have us feeling smug over the Caps, applauding the Ducks and Lightning, and worried for Vancouver.
Apr 15, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
This morning’s five thoughts show we’ve got worries for a pair of Eastern favorites, some hope for the Kings, and the new “Mr. Clutch” in the NHL Joe Pavelski.
Apr 14, 2011, 2:23 PM EST
Five quick thoughts on what went down in last night’s opening games of the NHL Playoffs highlighting Detroit and Pittsburgh’s killer cool, Vancouver’s need to stay sharp, and the Caps looking different than last year.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 36
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)