Jun 9, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
There’s a lot to pick through after Game 4 and a lot of it has to do with Brad Marchand and the great job he’s done in this series and with things getting ugly for Roberto Luongo as well.
Jun 7, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
We learned a rather healthy amount about the Boston Bruins after tonight’s 8-1 beatdown in Boston as they pounded Vancouver to turn these Stanley Cup finals into a series.
Jun 5, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Alex Burrows ability to pick apart the Bruins after upsetting them so much in Game 1 is a foreboding sign for what’s going on with the Bruins among other things.
Jun 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Last night’s Game 1 has given us a lot to chew on and not all of it is Patrice Bergeron’s glove.
May 28, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
What a Game 7 that was and you’d better believe there’s a few thoughts we’ve got about one of the better Game 7s we’ve seen.
May 26, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Five thoughts, seven games, nine goals in Game 6, and a whole lot of drama on tap for Game 7 on Friday night.
May 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Last night’s Game 5 series clincher by Vancouver gives us the chance to look back on the performances (or lack there of) from Roberto Luongo, Ryan Kesler, Joe Thornton, and Dany Heatley.
May 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
With all the firepower on display in this series between San Jose and Vancouver, leave it to Ben Eager to steal the attention thanks to some of his boneheaded plays.
May 18, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Tyler Seguin’s breakout in the playoffs is a more than welcome sight for Bruins fans’ eyes. It also puts the spotlight squarely on Bruins coach Claude Julien who had him sit out the first two rounds as a healthy scratch.
Apr 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Every good drama needs a heel and the Canucks are playing that role to the hilt. Also: Rinne and Luongo look for real, Barry Trotz’s slow burn, Winnipeg madness, and making clean hits the new dirty. Thanks NHL!
Apr 20, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Five thoughts today might be a bit bleary eyed after staying up late for last night’s incredible Sharks-Kings game from Los Angeles. We think these thoughts are clear.
Apr 18, 2011, 12:04 PM EDT
In Five Thoughts today, we take a look at the Torres-Seabrook situation, the emergence of Mike Fisher, and the failure of the Blackhawks.
Apr 16, 2011, 11:26 AM EDT
Today’s five thoughts have us feeling smug over the Caps, applauding the Ducks and Lightning, and worried for Vancouver.
Apr 15, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
This morning’s five thoughts show we’ve got worries for a pair of Eastern favorites, some hope for the Kings, and the new “Mr. Clutch” in the NHL Joe Pavelski.
Apr 14, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
Five quick thoughts on what went down in last night’s opening games of the NHL Playoffs highlighting Detroit and Pittsburgh’s killer cool, Vancouver’s need to stay sharp, and the Caps looking different than last year.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 6
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)