fines instead of suspensions
Oct 21, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
Nashville defenseman gets hit in the wallet for boarding Vancouver’s Jannik Hansen. Judging by that suit, he can afford it.
Oct 7, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
Mike Milbury and Keith Jones debate Mats Zuccarello’s hit in the first period of Friday afternoon’s game against the Los Angeles Kings. Should these types of hits be two-minute minors or suspension worthy?
Jan 20, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
Calgary’s Curtis Glencross is fined for his boarding major against Minnesota’s Clayton Stoner. Minnesota fans aren’t exactly pleased with this turn of events.
Nick Foligno fined, but not suspended, for hit to head on Patrick Dwyer; Did NHL make the right choice?
Oct 15, 2010, 1:48 PM EDT
The NHL decided to fine – but not suspend – Nick Foligno for his hit on Patrick Dwyer. Check out a bigger version of the video and vote on whether or not Foligno deserved to be suspended by clicking “Read More.”
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)