Jun 10, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
He spent parts of seven seasons in Edmonton as a player.
Sep 19, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Sean Bergenheim thinks that he can maintain his playoff breakthrough pace, but the numbers don’t really support his claim. In other Panthers news, the team is still debating which player should be their next captain.
Sep 7, 2011, 12:22 AM EDT
Fernando Pisani might want to consider taking a training camp tryout offer if he wants to continue his NHL career.
May 16, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Sean Bergenheim’s goal scoring surge makes him the latest player to earn a star-making playoff run out of nowhere. This post looks at his run along with other memorably unexpected streaks and includes a great Versus video on that topic.
Apr 15, 2011, 8:48 PM EDT
With Tomas Kopecky out with an upper-body injury, the Blackhawks turn to Fernando Pisani, who hasn’t been in a playoff game since his out-of-nowhere hot streak with the Oilers in 2006.
Apr 6, 2011, 11:26 AM EDT
The Blackhawks are fighting for their playoff lives and now that task gets a lot tougher without Troy Brouwer who injured his shoulder last night.
Mar 30, 2011, 3:33 AM EDT
It wasn’t bad enough that Shawn Thornton caught a skate in the face and had to get 40 stitches for it, but he also got taunted by the Chicago bench on his way off the ice and he’s not happy about it.
Dec 16, 2010, 3:50 PM EDT
Patrick Kane’s return to the Chicago lineup is on hold thanks to aggravating his injured ankle.
Dec 9, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says that all three of his notable injured forwards – Marian Hossa, Fernando Pisani and even Patrick Kane – could start skating on their own next week. Consider us very skeptical about Kane recovering so quickly, though.
Dec 7, 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
Awful news for the hard-luck Blackhawks: Patrick Kane may reportedly miss “weeks, not days” with his scary-looking leg injury from Sunday.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 15
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)