Sep 19, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Sean Bergenheim thinks that he can maintain his playoff breakthrough pace, but the numbers don’t really support his claim. In other Panthers news, the team is still debating which player should be their next captain.
Sep 7, 2011, 12:22 AM EDT
Fernando Pisani might want to consider taking a training camp tryout offer if he wants to continue his NHL career.
May 16, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Sean Bergenheim’s goal scoring surge makes him the latest player to earn a star-making playoff run out of nowhere. This post looks at his run along with other memorably unexpected streaks and includes a great Versus video on that topic.
Apr 15, 2011, 8:48 PM EDT
With Tomas Kopecky out with an upper-body injury, the Blackhawks turn to Fernando Pisani, who hasn’t been in a playoff game since his out-of-nowhere hot streak with the Oilers in 2006.
Apr 6, 2011, 11:26 AM EDT
The Blackhawks are fighting for their playoff lives and now that task gets a lot tougher without Troy Brouwer who injured his shoulder last night.
Mar 30, 2011, 3:33 AM EDT
It wasn’t bad enough that Shawn Thornton caught a skate in the face and had to get 40 stitches for it, but he also got taunted by the Chicago bench on his way off the ice and he’s not happy about it.
Dec 16, 2010, 3:50 PM EDT
Patrick Kane’s return to the Chicago lineup is on hold thanks to aggravating his injured ankle.
Dec 9, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says that all three of his notable injured forwards – Marian Hossa, Fernando Pisani and even Patrick Kane – could start skating on their own next week. Consider us very skeptical about Kane recovering so quickly, though.
Dec 7, 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
Awful news for the hard-luck Blackhawks: Patrick Kane may reportedly miss “weeks, not days” with his scary-looking leg injury from Sunday.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)