Sep 19, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Sean Bergenheim thinks that he can maintain his playoff breakthrough pace, but the numbers don’t really support his claim. In other Panthers news, the team is still debating which player should be their next captain.
Sep 7, 2011, 12:22 AM EDT
Fernando Pisani might want to consider taking a training camp tryout offer if he wants to continue his NHL career.
May 16, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Sean Bergenheim’s goal scoring surge makes him the latest player to earn a star-making playoff run out of nowhere. This post looks at his run along with other memorably unexpected streaks and includes a great Versus video on that topic.
Apr 15, 2011, 8:48 PM EDT
With Tomas Kopecky out with an upper-body injury, the Blackhawks turn to Fernando Pisani, who hasn’t been in a playoff game since his out-of-nowhere hot streak with the Oilers in 2006.
Apr 6, 2011, 11:26 AM EDT
The Blackhawks are fighting for their playoff lives and now that task gets a lot tougher without Troy Brouwer who injured his shoulder last night.
Mar 30, 2011, 3:33 AM EDT
It wasn’t bad enough that Shawn Thornton caught a skate in the face and had to get 40 stitches for it, but he also got taunted by the Chicago bench on his way off the ice and he’s not happy about it.
Dec 16, 2010, 3:50 PM EDT
Patrick Kane’s return to the Chicago lineup is on hold thanks to aggravating his injured ankle.
Dec 9, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says that all three of his notable injured forwards – Marian Hossa, Fernando Pisani and even Patrick Kane – could start skating on their own next week. Consider us very skeptical about Kane recovering so quickly, though.
Dec 7, 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
Awful news for the hard-luck Blackhawks: Patrick Kane may reportedly miss “weeks, not days” with his scary-looking leg injury from Sunday.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)