Sep 19, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
Sean Bergenheim thinks that he can maintain his playoff breakthrough pace, but the numbers don’t really support his claim. In other Panthers news, the team is still debating which player should be their next captain.
Sep 7, 2011, 12:22 AM EST
Fernando Pisani might want to consider taking a training camp tryout offer if he wants to continue his NHL career.
May 16, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
Sean Bergenheim’s goal scoring surge makes him the latest player to earn a star-making playoff run out of nowhere. This post looks at his run along with other memorably unexpected streaks and includes a great Versus video on that topic.
Apr 15, 2011, 8:48 PM EST
With Tomas Kopecky out with an upper-body injury, the Blackhawks turn to Fernando Pisani, who hasn’t been in a playoff game since his out-of-nowhere hot streak with the Oilers in 2006.
Apr 6, 2011, 11:26 AM EST
The Blackhawks are fighting for their playoff lives and now that task gets a lot tougher without Troy Brouwer who injured his shoulder last night.
Mar 30, 2011, 3:33 AM EST
It wasn’t bad enough that Shawn Thornton caught a skate in the face and had to get 40 stitches for it, but he also got taunted by the Chicago bench on his way off the ice and he’s not happy about it.
Dec 16, 2010, 3:50 PM EST
Patrick Kane’s return to the Chicago lineup is on hold thanks to aggravating his injured ankle.
Dec 9, 2010, 4:46 PM EST
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says that all three of his notable injured forwards – Marian Hossa, Fernando Pisani and even Patrick Kane – could start skating on their own next week. Consider us very skeptical about Kane recovering so quickly, though.
Dec 7, 2010, 11:13 AM EST
Awful news for the hard-luck Blackhawks: Patrick Kane may reportedly miss “weeks, not days” with his scary-looking leg injury from Sunday.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 20
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 57
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)