Jan 3, 2012, 5:44 PM EST
Then again, so does Quebec City and Toronto.
Nov 22, 2011, 8:17 PM EST
It’s pretty hard to believe that getting an NHL team isn’t the No. 1 goal with this plan …
Aug 29, 2011, 11:11 PM EST
Here’s a look at how the Anaheim Ducks, Dallas Stars and Florida Panthers fared since they came into existence in 1993.
Aug 21, 2011, 6:07 PM EST
Business Journal ranked out which cities would make for the best landing spot for new or relocating NHL franchises. While they can be financially capable that doesn’t mean they’d be a good landing spot for a team.
Aug 9, 2011, 11:57 PM EST
Plenty has been made of what the trade meant for Sunbelt hockey, the Edmonton Oilers, and Canadian hockey as a whole. But sometimes the immeasurable impact Gretzky’s trade had on the local Southern California market gets lost in the mix.
Jul 15, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
The Sprint Center in Kansas City still sits waiting for a permanent NHL tenant. But do city officials even want an NHL (or NBA) team for the arena anymore?
Jul 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Chicago businessman Don Levin has been in the Seattle area putting together plans to build an arena that would house a potential NHL team.
Jun 7, 2011, 7:23 PM EST
After years and years of trying to acquire an NHL team, it looks like Gary Bettman and the league has finally given Jim Balsillie reason to hope that he may finally get what he desperately wants.
Feb 10, 2011, 5:32 PM EST
Quebec City officials announced that their upcoming $400 million arena will be paid 50-50 by the city and the province.
Dec 9, 2010, 12:00 AM EST
In an ideal world, the Quebec Nordiques and Winnipeg Jets could play in the NHL again. Unfortunately, the numbers say that the two markets would probably struggle to support a pro team.
Oct 26, 2010, 12:14 AM EST
One columnist thinks that contraction should be an option for the NHL to fix its financial and attendance problems. Is it something that could actually be considered? Well, uh…
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)