Jan 3, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Then again, so does Quebec City and Toronto.
Nov 22, 2011, 8:17 PM EDT
It’s pretty hard to believe that getting an NHL team isn’t the No. 1 goal with this plan …
Aug 29, 2011, 11:11 PM EDT
Here’s a look at how the Anaheim Ducks, Dallas Stars and Florida Panthers fared since they came into existence in 1993.
Aug 21, 2011, 6:07 PM EDT
Business Journal ranked out which cities would make for the best landing spot for new or relocating NHL franchises. While they can be financially capable that doesn’t mean they’d be a good landing spot for a team.
Aug 9, 2011, 11:57 PM EDT
Plenty has been made of what the trade meant for Sunbelt hockey, the Edmonton Oilers, and Canadian hockey as a whole. But sometimes the immeasurable impact Gretzky’s trade had on the local Southern California market gets lost in the mix.
Jul 15, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
The Sprint Center in Kansas City still sits waiting for a permanent NHL tenant. But do city officials even want an NHL (or NBA) team for the arena anymore?
Jul 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Chicago businessman Don Levin has been in the Seattle area putting together plans to build an arena that would house a potential NHL team.
Jun 7, 2011, 7:23 PM EDT
After years and years of trying to acquire an NHL team, it looks like Gary Bettman and the league has finally given Jim Balsillie reason to hope that he may finally get what he desperately wants.
Feb 10, 2011, 5:32 PM EDT
Quebec City officials announced that their upcoming $400 million arena will be paid 50-50 by the city and the province.
Dec 9, 2010, 12:00 AM EDT
In an ideal world, the Quebec Nordiques and Winnipeg Jets could play in the NHL again. Unfortunately, the numbers say that the two markets would probably struggle to support a pro team.
Oct 26, 2010, 12:14 AM EDT
One columnist thinks that contraction should be an option for the NHL to fix its financial and attendance problems. Is it something that could actually be considered? Well, uh…
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)