Eastern Conference playoff bubble
Apr 3, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
Three games should have an affect on the East playoff picture today, as the Flyers face the Rangers, the Hurricanes host the Sabres in a huge match and the Lightning try to gain on the Penguins by beating the Blackhawks.
Apr 3, 2011, 12:46 AM EDT
The Rangers and Sabres currently hold the bottom two playoff spots in the East, but big Sunday games (New York vs. Philadelphia; Buffalo vs. Carolina) could affect the bubble in a big way. This post breaks down the stretch runs for the Rangers and Sabres, along with the Hurricanes and Maple Leafs.
Apr 2, 2011, 10:48 PM EDT
It was a big day in the East, with Washington’s rise to the top spot being the cherry on top. Boston clinched the Northeast Division, Buffalo eked out a point, some bubble teams stayed alive while others saw their dreams die and more. Read all about it in this post.
Apr 2, 2011, 10:05 PM EDT
Washington took a one-point lead for the top spot in the East thanks to Alex Ovechkin’s overtime game-winner against Carolina.
Apr 1, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Ryan Miller missed practice today, casting down regarding whether or not he will be able to play in two important weekend games for the Sabres.
Mar 31, 2011, 11:08 PM EDT
There was plenty of interesting activity in the East tonight. The Capitals moved within one point of the Flyers for the top seed, the Lightning clinched a playoff spot, the Islanders hurt the Rangers’ postseason chances and the Leafs kept their dreams alive.
Mar 29, 2011, 3:04 PM EDT
CSN Washington reports that both Alex Ovechkin and Jason Arnott could be back for the Capitals tonight. This post has the details, along with what’s at stake for both the Caps and the Carolina Hurricanes.
Mar 25, 2011, 3:46 PM EDT
Tonight’s five games are all about the Eastern Conference playoff picture, so this post covers all the bases.
Mar 25, 2011, 2:58 PM EDT
If the Hurricanes want to make the playoffs, they must do well in three games against the Lightning and four sets of back-to-back games to finish the season. They begin a home-and-home series in Tampa Bay tonight. Read this post for the details.
Mar 19, 2011, 10:32 PM EDT
The Sabres absolutely dominated the Thrashers in a big game for both teams, as Buffalo throttled Atlanta 8-2.
Mar 17, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
The Thrashers won while the Devils and Maple Leafs lost in regulation tonight. This post recaps their games and reveals how tonight affects the Eastern Conference playoff bubble.
Feb 27, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
Are you wondering how the Devils’ win against the Panthers and the Thrashers’ OT victory over the Maple Leafs will affect the Eastern Conference bubble? Read this post to find out.
Feb 13, 2011, 4:34 PM EDT
The Devils are one of the hottest teams in the NHL, prompting Pierre and Mike to discuss their possible (yet unlikely) playoff run along with whether or not Jacques Lemaire will coach the team next season.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 2
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 38
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)