Eastern Conference playoff bubble
Apr 3, 2012, 10:53 PM EST
Florida appears content to back into first berth in more than 10 years.
Apr 1, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Buffalo’s Ville Leino knows time is running out.
Mar 31, 2012, 10:09 PM EST
Washington might also have a chance at the Southeast Division title.
Mar 30, 2012, 9:44 PM EST
Should-be layups have mostly been losses for a team that seemed like a shoo-in.
Mar 29, 2012, 9:57 PM EST
Washington beats Boston in a dull-turned-dramatic contest.
Mar 27, 2012, 9:53 PM EST
Buffalo deserves a lot of credit, but it’s hard not to gravitate toward Washington’s woes.
Mar 27, 2012, 8:25 PM EST
Buffalo must hold on to a 3-1 lead with just four healthy defensemen.
Mar 26, 2012, 11:47 PM EST
Close but no cigar for the scrappy Winnipeg.
Mar 23, 2012, 10:02 PM EST
It’s getting tougher and tougher to deny the masses who call them “chokers.”
Mar 23, 2012, 9:40 PM EST
Buffalo won’t go away.
Mar 23, 2012, 8:46 AM EST
In order to prove they still have any hope, the Hurricanes need to defeat the NHL’s worst team.
Mar 22, 2012, 10:26 PM EST
Washington strengthens its hold on the eighth spot with home games against Winnipeg and Buffalo coming up.
Mar 19, 2012, 10:43 PM EST
Meanwhile, the Sabres keep stride with the Capitals.
Mar 8, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
The next 14 days will tell us all we need to know about Washington.
Mar 7, 2012, 11:09 PM EST
Pittsburgh wore down Toronto.
Mar 7, 2012, 10:27 PM EST
Who would have thought they’d be in this spot?
Mar 5, 2012, 11:24 PM EST
The reborn team is awfully tough to beat in Winnipeg. Now if only that “being horrible on the road” thing could clear up …
Mar 5, 2012, 9:05 PM EST
They’re just two points out of eighth place as of this moment.
Mar 2, 2012, 10:10 PM EST
Another disappointment for Washington.
Mar 1, 2012, 11:23 PM EST
The odds are still stacked against the Jets, but who expected them to beat the Panthers 7-0 tonight?
Apr 9, 2011, 10:04 PM EST
Carolina had a chance to stamp its ticket to the playoffs with a win against Tampa Bay, but the Hurricanes will instead face a summer of regret after a crippling 6-2 loss. Their loss is the Rangers’ gain, as New York will be the eighth seed in the East.
Apr 7, 2011, 5:20 PM EST
Two games could have a big impact on the lower ranks of the Eastern Conference tonight, as the Rangers hope to beat the Thrashers while the Canadiens strive to avoid a slide to a lower seed by winning against the Senators.
Apr 6, 2011, 10:26 PM EST
The Hurricanes won against the Red Wings, while the Capitals increased their first place lead and the Bruins crept to within two points of the second place Flyers. Click “Read More” for the details.
Apr 5, 2011, 4:08 PM EST
There are plenty of interesting Eastern Conference storylines in tonight’s games, with Washington and Philadelphia going for division titles while Montreal hopes to clinch a playoff spot. The Penguins and Lightning also jostle for home ice advantage in Tuesday’s contests.
Apr 4, 2011, 10:21 PM EST
It seemed like the East playoff bubble would get crazier when the Rangers trailed the Bruins 3-0, but New York stormed back to take a stunning 5-3 win. This post recaps that game and updates the playoff picture.
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 51
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)