Eastern Conference playoff bubble
Apr 3, 2012, 10:53 PM EDT
Florida appears content to back into first berth in more than 10 years.
Apr 1, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Buffalo’s Ville Leino knows time is running out.
Mar 31, 2012, 10:09 PM EDT
Washington might also have a chance at the Southeast Division title.
Mar 30, 2012, 9:44 PM EDT
Should-be layups have mostly been losses for a team that seemed like a shoo-in.
Mar 29, 2012, 9:57 PM EDT
Washington beats Boston in a dull-turned-dramatic contest.
Mar 27, 2012, 9:53 PM EDT
Buffalo deserves a lot of credit, but it’s hard not to gravitate toward Washington’s woes.
Mar 27, 2012, 8:25 PM EDT
Buffalo must hold on to a 3-1 lead with just four healthy defensemen.
Mar 26, 2012, 11:47 PM EDT
Close but no cigar for the scrappy Winnipeg.
Mar 23, 2012, 10:02 PM EDT
It’s getting tougher and tougher to deny the masses who call them “chokers.”
Mar 23, 2012, 9:40 PM EDT
Buffalo won’t go away.
Mar 23, 2012, 8:46 AM EDT
In order to prove they still have any hope, the Hurricanes need to defeat the NHL’s worst team.
Mar 22, 2012, 10:26 PM EDT
Washington strengthens its hold on the eighth spot with home games against Winnipeg and Buffalo coming up.
Mar 19, 2012, 10:43 PM EDT
Meanwhile, the Sabres keep stride with the Capitals.
Mar 8, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
The next 14 days will tell us all we need to know about Washington.
Mar 7, 2012, 11:09 PM EDT
Pittsburgh wore down Toronto.
Mar 7, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
Who would have thought they’d be in this spot?
Mar 5, 2012, 11:24 PM EDT
The reborn team is awfully tough to beat in Winnipeg. Now if only that “being horrible on the road” thing could clear up …
Mar 5, 2012, 9:05 PM EDT
They’re just two points out of eighth place as of this moment.
Mar 2, 2012, 10:10 PM EDT
Another disappointment for Washington.
Mar 1, 2012, 11:23 PM EDT
The odds are still stacked against the Jets, but who expected them to beat the Panthers 7-0 tonight?
Apr 9, 2011, 10:04 PM EDT
Carolina had a chance to stamp its ticket to the playoffs with a win against Tampa Bay, but the Hurricanes will instead face a summer of regret after a crippling 6-2 loss. Their loss is the Rangers’ gain, as New York will be the eighth seed in the East.
Apr 7, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
Two games could have a big impact on the lower ranks of the Eastern Conference tonight, as the Rangers hope to beat the Thrashers while the Canadiens strive to avoid a slide to a lower seed by winning against the Senators.
Apr 6, 2011, 10:26 PM EDT
The Hurricanes won against the Red Wings, while the Capitals increased their first place lead and the Bruins crept to within two points of the second place Flyers. Click “Read More” for the details.
Apr 5, 2011, 4:08 PM EDT
There are plenty of interesting Eastern Conference storylines in tonight’s games, with Washington and Philadelphia going for division titles while Montreal hopes to clinch a playoff spot. The Penguins and Lightning also jostle for home ice advantage in Tuesday’s contests.
Apr 4, 2011, 10:21 PM EDT
It seemed like the East playoff bubble would get crazier when the Rangers trailed the Bruins 3-0, but New York stormed back to take a stunning 5-3 win. This post recaps that game and updates the playoff picture.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)