Eastern Conference playoff bubble
Apr 3, 2012, 10:53 PM EST
Florida appears content to back into first berth in more than 10 years.
Apr 1, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Buffalo’s Ville Leino knows time is running out.
Mar 31, 2012, 10:09 PM EST
Washington might also have a chance at the Southeast Division title.
Mar 30, 2012, 9:44 PM EST
Should-be layups have mostly been losses for a team that seemed like a shoo-in.
Mar 29, 2012, 9:57 PM EST
Washington beats Boston in a dull-turned-dramatic contest.
Mar 27, 2012, 9:53 PM EST
Buffalo deserves a lot of credit, but it’s hard not to gravitate toward Washington’s woes.
Mar 27, 2012, 8:25 PM EST
Buffalo must hold on to a 3-1 lead with just four healthy defensemen.
Mar 26, 2012, 11:47 PM EST
Close but no cigar for the scrappy Winnipeg.
Mar 23, 2012, 10:02 PM EST
It’s getting tougher and tougher to deny the masses who call them “chokers.”
Mar 23, 2012, 9:40 PM EST
Buffalo won’t go away.
Mar 23, 2012, 8:46 AM EST
In order to prove they still have any hope, the Hurricanes need to defeat the NHL’s worst team.
Mar 22, 2012, 10:26 PM EST
Washington strengthens its hold on the eighth spot with home games against Winnipeg and Buffalo coming up.
Mar 19, 2012, 10:43 PM EST
Meanwhile, the Sabres keep stride with the Capitals.
Mar 8, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
The next 14 days will tell us all we need to know about Washington.
Mar 7, 2012, 11:09 PM EST
Pittsburgh wore down Toronto.
Mar 7, 2012, 10:27 PM EST
Who would have thought they’d be in this spot?
Mar 5, 2012, 11:24 PM EST
The reborn team is awfully tough to beat in Winnipeg. Now if only that “being horrible on the road” thing could clear up …
Mar 5, 2012, 9:05 PM EST
They’re just two points out of eighth place as of this moment.
Mar 2, 2012, 10:10 PM EST
Another disappointment for Washington.
Mar 1, 2012, 11:23 PM EST
The odds are still stacked against the Jets, but who expected them to beat the Panthers 7-0 tonight?
Apr 9, 2011, 10:04 PM EST
Carolina had a chance to stamp its ticket to the playoffs with a win against Tampa Bay, but the Hurricanes will instead face a summer of regret after a crippling 6-2 loss. Their loss is the Rangers’ gain, as New York will be the eighth seed in the East.
Apr 7, 2011, 5:20 PM EST
Two games could have a big impact on the lower ranks of the Eastern Conference tonight, as the Rangers hope to beat the Thrashers while the Canadiens strive to avoid a slide to a lower seed by winning against the Senators.
Apr 6, 2011, 10:26 PM EST
The Hurricanes won against the Red Wings, while the Capitals increased their first place lead and the Bruins crept to within two points of the second place Flyers. Click “Read More” for the details.
Apr 5, 2011, 4:08 PM EST
There are plenty of interesting Eastern Conference storylines in tonight’s games, with Washington and Philadelphia going for division titles while Montreal hopes to clinch a playoff spot. The Penguins and Lightning also jostle for home ice advantage in Tuesday’s contests.
Apr 4, 2011, 10:21 PM EST
It seemed like the East playoff bubble would get crazier when the Rangers trailed the Bruins 3-0, but New York stormed back to take a stunning 5-3 win. This post recaps that game and updates the playoff picture.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)