Dec 28, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins now hold four of the six spots on the fan-voted All-Star team with one week left.
Dec 21, 2010, 10:52 PM EST
The balance of power in the Southeast shifted once again, as a Capitals win and Thrashers loss flip-flops the two teams for the division lead.
Dec 21, 2010, 2:42 PM EST
Evgeni Malkin eked his way into the top three forwards in the latest update of all-star game voting results
Dec 20, 2010, 10:20 PM EST
After wins by the Thrashers and Lightning tonight, the Southeast Division’s totem pole has been re-arranged once again. Find out how by clicking on “Read More.”
Dec 14, 2010, 9:12 PM EST
Sidney Crosby, Kris Letang and Carey Price lead their positions in All-Star Game voting at this point in the process. Find out specifics about the fan results by clicking “Read more.”
Dec 14, 2010, 12:02 AM EST
Thrashers defenseman, and former Blackhawks forward, set a new franchise record for goals scored by a defenseman. Please take note of your calendar when reading that.
Dec 2, 2010, 9:48 PM EST
The Thrashers came into Pittsburgh hot, but they couldn’t contain the molten Penguins and their peaking pivot Sidney Crosby.
Dec 1, 2010, 1:16 PM EST
The NHL named its three stars of November: Sidney Crosby, Carey Price and Dustin Byfuglien. Read more about their accomplishments in this post.
Nov 29, 2010, 2:00 PM EST
From dealing with a concussion because of a collapse to being named the number one star of the week, Ondrej Pavelec provides plenty of inspiration. His teammate Dustin Byfuglien and Penguins star Sidney Crosby join him for the three stars of the week.
Nov 18, 2010, 1:46 PM EST
Dustin Byfuglien left last night’s game against the Panthers after being hit by a puck, but Thrashers GM Rick Dudley says it shouldn’t be a long term injury.
Nov 15, 2010, 11:26 PM EST
John-Michael Liles was once a scapegoat in Colorado, but now he’s quietly among the NHL’s league leaders in scoring among defensemen.
Nov 2, 2010, 4:45 PM EST[kml_flashembed movie="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="320" height="180" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" fvars="catid=35&id=80156&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"/]
It doesn’t get much closer than this. Edmonton Oilers forward Magnus Paajarvi scored a dazzling goal that won the award by one measly vote. Check out the results below. (click to enlarge) As you can see from the poll, Paajarvi (12 votes) barely edged Martin St. Louis (11) and Dustin Byfuglien (11) while Andrei Kostitsyn…
Oct 30, 2010, 10:00 AM EST[kml_flashembed movie="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="320" height="180" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" fvars="catid=35&id=80728&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/]
As I wrote last night, things are working well for the Atlanta Thrashers and Dustin Byfuglien so far. He has nine points in 10 games, including four goals and a whopping three game-winners already. He made the shaky Buffalo Sabres defense look silly in overtime, deking his way through traffic to score a beauty against…
Oct 29, 2010, 11:11 PM EST
Many people questioned the kind of impact Dustin Byfuglien would have for the Atlanta Thrashers, but he’s been a huge force for the team so far this season.
Oct 16, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
Did Atlanta’s Rich Peverley get a stick on Dustin Byfuglien’s deflected shot which lead to Anthony Stewart’s tip-in for Atlanta’s tying goal? You make the call.
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 32
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 4
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 13
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 54
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (55)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (38)