Jul 1, 2011, 4:29 PM EST
The Flyers needed to make some room for flexibility on the salary cap and shipping Kris Versteeg to the Florida Panthers who need to add some money was a good way to go about it.
Jun 23, 2011, 4:39 PM EST
A pair of blockbuster trades both come out of Philadelphia this afternoon as former 2003 first round picks Jeff Carter and Mike Richards are headed out of town as the Flyers clear the decks for Ilya Bryzgalov.
Feb 24, 2011, 4:08 PM EST
The Habs added depth to their D for the second time in the pre-deadline feeding frenzy, acquiring Brent Sopel for the Thrashers in an afternoon trade.
Feb 19, 2011, 3:11 AM EST
They may have waited until early in the morning, but St. Louis and Colorado pulled off the biggest trade yet this season as St. Louis sends former #1 overall pick Erik Johnson to Colorado.
Feb 18, 2011, 4:22 PM EST
The Hurricanes and Sharks were busy with each other today working the phones cutting two separate deals that result in the teams exchanging defensemen and draft picks with Ian White ultimately landing in San Jose.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)