Aug 25, 2011, 11:59 PM EST
The Sharks and Logan Couture have agreed on a two-year contract extension that will keep Calder Trophy runner-up in San Jose until the end of the 2013-14 season.
Aug 9, 2011, 8:28 PM EST
Over the last month, we’ve seen Brent Burns, Devin Setoguchi, Dany Heatley, Martin Havlat, and (recently) James Sheppard move between Minnesota and San Jose. But when all is said and done, Charlie Coyle could be the most important player involved in the Minnesota Wild and San Jose Sharks offseason version of Trading Places. Yet as…
Aug 6, 2011, 11:27 PM EST
The Sharks and Wild know each other awfully well this summer and made their third deal of the offseason, this time with the Wild sending frustrating forward James Sheppard to San Jose for a 2013 third round pick.
Aug 3, 2011, 1:22 AM EST
Brent Burns could have earned riches unknown next summer as an restricted free agent. Instead, he chose to sign an extension with the Sharks before playing a single game in teal.
Aug 1, 2011, 12:34 PM EST
When Brent Burns was traded to San Jose from Minnesota, he was due to become a free agent after next season. Instead, he’s cashing in big with a monster five-year extension with the Sharks.
Jul 8, 2011, 9:17 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks continued to fill out their roster for the 2011-12 season by signing free agents Benn Ferriero and Ben Guite on Friday evening.
Jul 4, 2011, 9:09 PM EST
After last night’s blockbuster deal between the Sharks and Wild that sent all-star Dany Heatley to Minnesota in exchange for all-star Martin Havlat, everyone is having their say about it today.
Jun 24, 2011, 10:12 PM EST
We’d been waiting for a draft day stunner of a deal and San Jose and Minnesota didn’t let us down as the Sharks sent Devin Setoguchi to the Wild for Brent Burns.
Jun 23, 2011, 8:45 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks signed restricted free agent Devin Setoguchi to a 3-year deal with $3 million per season. It looks like the young forward corps in San Jose just got a little stronger next season.
Nov 24, 2010, 5:50 PM EST
Antti Niemi gets the nod against the Blackhawks tonight. Say, you don’t think Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane might know a few tricks do you?
Nov 5, 2010, 6:47 PM EST
The Sharks aren’t happy at all about the two-game suspension to Joe Thornton and Sharks GM Doug Wilson has a few things to say about it.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 25
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)