Aug 25, 2011, 11:59 PM EDT
The Sharks and Logan Couture have agreed on a two-year contract extension that will keep Calder Trophy runner-up in San Jose until the end of the 2013-14 season.
Aug 9, 2011, 8:28 PM EDT
Over the last month, we’ve seen Brent Burns, Devin Setoguchi, Dany Heatley, Martin Havlat, and (recently) James Sheppard move between Minnesota and San Jose. But when all is said and done, Charlie Coyle could be the most important player involved in the Minnesota Wild and San Jose Sharks offseason version of Trading Places. Yet as…
Aug 6, 2011, 11:27 PM EDT
The Sharks and Wild know each other awfully well this summer and made their third deal of the offseason, this time with the Wild sending frustrating forward James Sheppard to San Jose for a 2013 third round pick.
Aug 3, 2011, 1:22 AM EDT
Brent Burns could have earned riches unknown next summer as an restricted free agent. Instead, he chose to sign an extension with the Sharks before playing a single game in teal.
Aug 1, 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
When Brent Burns was traded to San Jose from Minnesota, he was due to become a free agent after next season. Instead, he’s cashing in big with a monster five-year extension with the Sharks.
Jul 8, 2011, 9:17 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks continued to fill out their roster for the 2011-12 season by signing free agents Benn Ferriero and Ben Guite on Friday evening.
Jul 4, 2011, 9:09 PM EDT
After last night’s blockbuster deal between the Sharks and Wild that sent all-star Dany Heatley to Minnesota in exchange for all-star Martin Havlat, everyone is having their say about it today.
Jun 24, 2011, 10:12 PM EDT
We’d been waiting for a draft day stunner of a deal and San Jose and Minnesota didn’t let us down as the Sharks sent Devin Setoguchi to the Wild for Brent Burns.
Jun 23, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks signed restricted free agent Devin Setoguchi to a 3-year deal with $3 million per season. It looks like the young forward corps in San Jose just got a little stronger next season.
Nov 24, 2010, 5:50 PM EDT
Antti Niemi gets the nod against the Blackhawks tonight. Say, you don’t think Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane might know a few tricks do you?
Nov 5, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
The Sharks aren’t happy at all about the two-game suspension to Joe Thornton and Sharks GM Doug Wilson has a few things to say about it.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 0
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 20
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22