Feb 27, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
He was injured Dec. 19.
Dec 24, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
They don’t do things the way they used to.
Sep 26, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
He could be back in late-December or January.
Jul 6, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
His conversion helped key the team.
Jun 30, 2013, 2:57 PM EDT
Pittsburgh nets a second-round pick in return.
Mar 2, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
San Jose has two wins in their last 12 games.
Feb 16, 2013, 9:47 AM EDT
Trade winds are blowing hard in San Jose.
Aug 27, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
San Jose hopes to get back to being aggressive.
Jul 28, 2012, 3:22 PM EDT
Sharks GM has been awfully quiet this summer.
Jun 19, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Giving up props to your old goalie coach for getting you there is hat-tip worthy. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Apr 25, 2012, 8:11 AM EDT
He’s not sleeping in for practice or looking to score first these days. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Feb 28, 2012, 1:57 PM EDT
Still struggling after getting hit with stick on Sunday.
Jan 24, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
Pessimists might call them “opportunities to panic.”
Jan 20, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
He’s got a little-used Antero Niittymaki up for sale.
Jan 17, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
Speculation has swirled around big San Jose winger.
Jan 16, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
“Sometimes you plant a seed and it might take a year or so before a player becomes available.”
Jan 14, 2012, 10:20 AM EDT
Being the third goalie is like being the third wheel: Awkward.
Nov 18, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
We might never see Nikita Filatov in the NHL again but now we’ll have a great story about a bust draft pick to go with him. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Sep 15, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
The Sharks released injury updates on Martin Havlat, Antti Niemi, and Antero Niittymaki today. Can someone please tell them that the season hasn’t started yet?
Aug 26, 2011, 2:38 PM EDT
Logan Couture’s new contract extension with the Sharks is a touch of brilliance from Sharks GM Doug Wilson.
Aug 25, 2011, 11:59 PM EDT
The Sharks and Logan Couture have agreed on a two-year contract extension that will keep Calder Trophy runner-up in San Jose until the end of the 2013-14 season.
Aug 9, 2011, 8:28 PM EDT
Over the last month, we’ve seen Brent Burns, Devin Setoguchi, Dany Heatley, Martin Havlat, and (recently) James Sheppard move between Minnesota and San Jose. But when all is said and done, Charlie Coyle could be the most important player involved in the Minnesota Wild and San Jose Sharks offseason version of Trading Places. Yet as…
Aug 6, 2011, 11:27 PM EDT
The Sharks and Wild know each other awfully well this summer and made their third deal of the offseason, this time with the Wild sending frustrating forward James Sheppard to San Jose for a 2013 third round pick.
Aug 3, 2011, 1:22 AM EDT
Brent Burns could have earned riches unknown next summer as an restricted free agent. Instead, he chose to sign an extension with the Sharks before playing a single game in teal.
Aug 1, 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
When Brent Burns was traded to San Jose from Minnesota, he was due to become a free agent after next season. Instead, he’s cashing in big with a monster five-year extension with the Sharks.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)