Sep 26, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
He could be back in late-December or January.
Jul 6, 2013, 9:50 AM EST
His conversion helped key the team.
Jun 30, 2013, 2:57 PM EST
Pittsburgh nets a second-round pick in return.
Mar 2, 2013, 10:06 AM EST
San Jose has two wins in their last 12 games.
Feb 16, 2013, 9:47 AM EST
Trade winds are blowing hard in San Jose.
Aug 27, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
San Jose hopes to get back to being aggressive.
Jul 28, 2012, 3:22 PM EST
Sharks GM has been awfully quiet this summer.
Jun 19, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Giving up props to your old goalie coach for getting you there is hat-tip worthy. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Apr 25, 2012, 8:11 AM EST
He’s not sleeping in for practice or looking to score first these days. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Feb 28, 2012, 1:57 PM EST
Still struggling after getting hit with stick on Sunday.
Jan 24, 2012, 7:59 PM EST
Pessimists might call them “opportunities to panic.”
Jan 20, 2012, 11:03 AM EST
He’s got a little-used Antero Niittymaki up for sale.
Jan 17, 2012, 6:30 PM EST
Speculation has swirled around big San Jose winger.
Jan 16, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
“Sometimes you plant a seed and it might take a year or so before a player becomes available.”
Jan 14, 2012, 10:20 AM EST
Being the third goalie is like being the third wheel: Awkward.
Nov 18, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
We might never see Nikita Filatov in the NHL again but now we’ll have a great story about a bust draft pick to go with him. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Sep 15, 2011, 7:58 PM EST
The Sharks released injury updates on Martin Havlat, Antti Niemi, and Antero Niittymaki today. Can someone please tell them that the season hasn’t started yet?
Aug 26, 2011, 2:38 PM EST
Logan Couture’s new contract extension with the Sharks is a touch of brilliance from Sharks GM Doug Wilson.
Aug 25, 2011, 11:59 PM EST
The Sharks and Logan Couture have agreed on a two-year contract extension that will keep Calder Trophy runner-up in San Jose until the end of the 2013-14 season.
Aug 9, 2011, 8:28 PM EST
Over the last month, we’ve seen Brent Burns, Devin Setoguchi, Dany Heatley, Martin Havlat, and (recently) James Sheppard move between Minnesota and San Jose. But when all is said and done, Charlie Coyle could be the most important player involved in the Minnesota Wild and San Jose Sharks offseason version of Trading Places. Yet as…
Aug 6, 2011, 11:27 PM EST
The Sharks and Wild know each other awfully well this summer and made their third deal of the offseason, this time with the Wild sending frustrating forward James Sheppard to San Jose for a 2013 third round pick.
Aug 3, 2011, 1:22 AM EST
Brent Burns could have earned riches unknown next summer as an restricted free agent. Instead, he chose to sign an extension with the Sharks before playing a single game in teal.
Aug 1, 2011, 12:34 PM EST
When Brent Burns was traded to San Jose from Minnesota, he was due to become a free agent after next season. Instead, he’s cashing in big with a monster five-year extension with the Sharks.
Jul 8, 2011, 9:17 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks continued to fill out their roster for the 2011-12 season by signing free agents Benn Ferriero and Ben Guite on Friday evening.
Jul 4, 2011, 9:09 PM EST
After last night’s blockbuster deal between the Sharks and Wild that sent all-star Dany Heatley to Minnesota in exchange for all-star Martin Havlat, everyone is having their say about it today.
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 3
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 5
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 67
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)