Jul 25, 2013, 9:17 AM EST
Three others join them as well.
Dec 24, 2011, 9:37 AM EST
A tribute via helmet sticker isn’t that uncommon. This one’s different though. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Sep 21, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
Reports indicate that the Islanders tabbed veteran blueliner Mark Streit as their new captain. That would make him the first Swiss-born NHL player to wear the “C.”
Sep 8, 2011, 2:43 PM EST
John Tavares expressed interest in becoming the next Islanders captain, now that the position was vacated by Doug Weight’s retirement.
Jul 26, 2011, 8:58 PM EST
Alexei Yashin says there’s “not any rush” regarding his decision to return to the NHL with the Islanders or stay overseas. This post addresses a question Yashin brought up, as well: can he be effective with the Islanders? PHT explains that it’s all about keeping reasonable expectations, which rarely happens with Yashin.
May 26, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
Doug Weight officially retired from the NHL today. He’ll take on a role as an assistant GM and assistant coach with the Islanders going forward.
May 24, 2011, 1:55 AM EST
After an impressive 19-year NHL career, it sounds like Doug Weight will announce his retirement on Tuesday.
Mar 29, 2011, 3:29 PM EST
More Islanders news today: Doug Weight is leaning toward retirement while the team signed goalie Al Montoya to a one-year, one-way contract for the 2011-12 campaign.
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 26
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)