Jul 25, 2013, 9:17 AM EDT
Three others join them as well.
Dec 24, 2011, 9:37 AM EDT
A tribute via helmet sticker isn’t that uncommon. This one’s different though. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Sep 21, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Reports indicate that the Islanders tabbed veteran blueliner Mark Streit as their new captain. That would make him the first Swiss-born NHL player to wear the “C.”
Sep 8, 2011, 2:43 PM EDT
John Tavares expressed interest in becoming the next Islanders captain, now that the position was vacated by Doug Weight’s retirement.
Jul 26, 2011, 8:58 PM EDT
Alexei Yashin says there’s “not any rush” regarding his decision to return to the NHL with the Islanders or stay overseas. This post addresses a question Yashin brought up, as well: can he be effective with the Islanders? PHT explains that it’s all about keeping reasonable expectations, which rarely happens with Yashin.
May 26, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Doug Weight officially retired from the NHL today. He’ll take on a role as an assistant GM and assistant coach with the Islanders going forward.
May 24, 2011, 1:55 AM EDT
After an impressive 19-year NHL career, it sounds like Doug Weight will announce his retirement on Tuesday.
Mar 29, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
More Islanders news today: Doug Weight is leaning toward retirement while the team signed goalie Al Montoya to a one-year, one-way contract for the 2011-12 campaign.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 31
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 40
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 18
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (44)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)