Jul 25, 2013, 9:17 AM EDT
Three others join them as well.
Dec 24, 2011, 9:37 AM EDT
A tribute via helmet sticker isn’t that uncommon. This one’s different though. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Sep 21, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Reports indicate that the Islanders tabbed veteran blueliner Mark Streit as their new captain. That would make him the first Swiss-born NHL player to wear the “C.”
Sep 8, 2011, 2:43 PM EDT
John Tavares expressed interest in becoming the next Islanders captain, now that the position was vacated by Doug Weight’s retirement.
Jul 26, 2011, 8:58 PM EDT
Alexei Yashin says there’s “not any rush” regarding his decision to return to the NHL with the Islanders or stay overseas. This post addresses a question Yashin brought up, as well: can he be effective with the Islanders? PHT explains that it’s all about keeping reasonable expectations, which rarely happens with Yashin.
May 26, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Doug Weight officially retired from the NHL today. He’ll take on a role as an assistant GM and assistant coach with the Islanders going forward.
May 24, 2011, 1:55 AM EDT
After an impressive 19-year NHL career, it sounds like Doug Weight will announce his retirement on Tuesday.
Mar 29, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
More Islanders news today: Doug Weight is leaning toward retirement while the team signed goalie Al Montoya to a one-year, one-way contract for the 2011-12 campaign.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 17
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)