Jul 25, 2013, 9:17 AM EST
Three others join them as well.
Dec 24, 2011, 9:37 AM EST
A tribute via helmet sticker isn’t that uncommon. This one’s different though. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Sep 21, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
Reports indicate that the Islanders tabbed veteran blueliner Mark Streit as their new captain. That would make him the first Swiss-born NHL player to wear the “C.”
Sep 8, 2011, 2:43 PM EST
John Tavares expressed interest in becoming the next Islanders captain, now that the position was vacated by Doug Weight’s retirement.
Jul 26, 2011, 8:58 PM EST
Alexei Yashin says there’s “not any rush” regarding his decision to return to the NHL with the Islanders or stay overseas. This post addresses a question Yashin brought up, as well: can he be effective with the Islanders? PHT explains that it’s all about keeping reasonable expectations, which rarely happens with Yashin.
May 26, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
Doug Weight officially retired from the NHL today. He’ll take on a role as an assistant GM and assistant coach with the Islanders going forward.
May 24, 2011, 1:55 AM EST
After an impressive 19-year NHL career, it sounds like Doug Weight will announce his retirement on Tuesday.
Mar 29, 2011, 3:29 PM EST
More Islanders news today: Doug Weight is leaning toward retirement while the team signed goalie Al Montoya to a one-year, one-way contract for the 2011-12 campaign.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)