Jul 25, 2013, 9:17 AM EDT
Three others join them as well.
Dec 24, 2011, 9:37 AM EDT
A tribute via helmet sticker isn’t that uncommon. This one’s different though. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Sep 21, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Reports indicate that the Islanders tabbed veteran blueliner Mark Streit as their new captain. That would make him the first Swiss-born NHL player to wear the “C.”
Sep 8, 2011, 2:43 PM EDT
John Tavares expressed interest in becoming the next Islanders captain, now that the position was vacated by Doug Weight’s retirement.
Jul 26, 2011, 8:58 PM EDT
Alexei Yashin says there’s “not any rush” regarding his decision to return to the NHL with the Islanders or stay overseas. This post addresses a question Yashin brought up, as well: can he be effective with the Islanders? PHT explains that it’s all about keeping reasonable expectations, which rarely happens with Yashin.
May 26, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Doug Weight officially retired from the NHL today. He’ll take on a role as an assistant GM and assistant coach with the Islanders going forward.
May 24, 2011, 1:55 AM EDT
After an impressive 19-year NHL career, it sounds like Doug Weight will announce his retirement on Tuesday.
Mar 29, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
More Islanders news today: Doug Weight is leaning toward retirement while the team signed goalie Al Montoya to a one-year, one-way contract for the 2011-12 campaign.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18