Mar 10, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
He’d be a hot commodity at the April 3 deadline.
Sep 29, 2011, 11:43 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings and restricted agent Drew Doughty have finally come to terms on an 8-year, $56 million contract. And not a moment too soon.
Sep 25, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
Drew Doughty’s contract negotiations remain in limbo, but Kings coach Terry Murray still has him penciled in regarding lineup plans.
Sep 19, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
Even as training camp is underway, neither the Kings nor Drew Doughty’s representatives are budging. The longer this goes on, the worse everyone looks – so who should be the one to give in a bit first?
Sep 16, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Dean Lombardi’s last contract offer to Drew Doughty is like a clock. Each day that Doughty isn’t signed, the offer drops by $25,000. Time is money after all.
Sep 16, 2011, 1:37 AM EDT
The one thing that Kings fans have been dreading all offseason has become a reality: Drew Doughty will hold out as he continues to negotiate a new deal.
Sep 9, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
With training camp opening next week, Drew Doughty and the Los Angeles Kings have yet to find a common ground. Are the Kings looking at a holdout to start the season?
Aug 30, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
There’s some movement in the Kings’ negotiations with restricted free agent Drew Doughty. It’s up to Doughty to decide if he likes one of the team’s two offers on the table.
Aug 10, 2011, 11:22 PM EDT
Even after the other big restricted free agent dominoes fell, Drew Doughty’s talks remain in limbo. In fact, Kings GM Dean Lombardi said the sides haven’t spoken in two weeks.
Jul 26, 2011, 11:40 PM EDT
There hasn’t been much progress in contract talks between the Maple Leafs and Luke Schenn, leading his agent to imply that it will take until August. That being said, he should remain in Toronto for at least the short-term future.
Jul 22, 2011, 12:54 PM EDT
After refusing to play for the Islanders after they snatched him off the waiver wire in 2010-11, Evgeni Nabokov’s agent confirmed that the wayward netminder will play in the NHL next season. Of course, the question is: who will he play for?
Jun 18, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Both the Tampa Bay Lightning and Eric Brewer are optimistic they’ll be able to reach an agreement on a contract extension in the near future.
Jan 24, 2011, 11:53 AM EDT
The drama continues between Evgeni Nabokov and the New York Islanders, as the Russian goalie reportedly hung up on Isles GM Garth Snow.
Jan 22, 2011, 4:52 PM EDT
The Evgeni Nabokov soap opera continues, as his agent confirms that the Russian goalie will not report to the New York Islanders.
Dec 14, 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
If you’ve been wondering about the possibility of Evgeni Nabokov going to Tampa Bay, you’re right to think that they’d at least discuss it.
- Here’s latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 64
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)