Mar 10, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
He’d be a hot commodity at the April 3 deadline.
Sep 29, 2011, 11:43 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings and restricted agent Drew Doughty have finally come to terms on an 8-year, $56 million contract. And not a moment too soon.
Sep 25, 2011, 3:55 PM EST
Drew Doughty’s contract negotiations remain in limbo, but Kings coach Terry Murray still has him penciled in regarding lineup plans.
Sep 19, 2011, 2:45 PM EST
Even as training camp is underway, neither the Kings nor Drew Doughty’s representatives are budging. The longer this goes on, the worse everyone looks – so who should be the one to give in a bit first?
Sep 16, 2011, 3:48 PM EST
Dean Lombardi’s last contract offer to Drew Doughty is like a clock. Each day that Doughty isn’t signed, the offer drops by $25,000. Time is money after all.
Sep 16, 2011, 1:37 AM EST
The one thing that Kings fans have been dreading all offseason has become a reality: Drew Doughty will hold out as he continues to negotiate a new deal.
Sep 9, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
With training camp opening next week, Drew Doughty and the Los Angeles Kings have yet to find a common ground. Are the Kings looking at a holdout to start the season?
Aug 30, 2011, 10:45 PM EST
There’s some movement in the Kings’ negotiations with restricted free agent Drew Doughty. It’s up to Doughty to decide if he likes one of the team’s two offers on the table.
Aug 10, 2011, 11:22 PM EST
Even after the other big restricted free agent dominoes fell, Drew Doughty’s talks remain in limbo. In fact, Kings GM Dean Lombardi said the sides haven’t spoken in two weeks.
Jul 26, 2011, 11:40 PM EST
There hasn’t been much progress in contract talks between the Maple Leafs and Luke Schenn, leading his agent to imply that it will take until August. That being said, he should remain in Toronto for at least the short-term future.
Jul 22, 2011, 12:54 PM EST
After refusing to play for the Islanders after they snatched him off the waiver wire in 2010-11, Evgeni Nabokov’s agent confirmed that the wayward netminder will play in the NHL next season. Of course, the question is: who will he play for?
Jun 18, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
Both the Tampa Bay Lightning and Eric Brewer are optimistic they’ll be able to reach an agreement on a contract extension in the near future.
Jan 24, 2011, 11:53 AM EST
The drama continues between Evgeni Nabokov and the New York Islanders, as the Russian goalie reportedly hung up on Isles GM Garth Snow.
Jan 22, 2011, 4:52 PM EST
The Evgeni Nabokov soap opera continues, as his agent confirms that the Russian goalie will not report to the New York Islanders.
Dec 14, 2010, 5:06 PM EST
If you’ve been wondering about the possibility of Evgeni Nabokov going to Tampa Bay, you’re right to think that they’d at least discuss it.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 32
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)