May 24, 2011, 2:26 PM EDT
Intentionally or not, Tim Thomas gave the Lightning bulletin board material going into Game 5. Then he muted their comments with an outstanding 33-save performance, highlighting an already-impressive playoff run.
Apr 9, 2011, 5:21 PM EDT
Tim Thomas broke Dominik Hasek’s record for highest save percentage in a NHL season after Boston beat Ottawa 3-1 today.
Apr 7, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Tim Thomas provides some great stops, earning April 6th’s Saves of the Night.
Mar 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Anders Lindback made Buffalo fans think of a Sabres legend with his save on Thomas Vanek.
Mar 19, 2011, 10:32 PM EDT
The Sabres absolutely dominated the Thrashers in a big game for both teams, as Buffalo throttled Atlanta 8-2.
Dec 5, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Tim Thomas made what some people are calling the save of the year with this sprawling glove stop last night.
Oct 21, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
OK, I’ll admit that Roberto Luongo definitely deserves consideration for a few of the saves he made last night (particularly stopping a few late shots in the third and a Marian Hossa breakaway in overtime). I’ll also concede that this is a flawed choice since Marty Turco actually received a tripping penalty as a result…
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)