Jan 13, 2015, 8:30 PM EST
He spent nine seasons in Buffalo.
Jun 23, 2014, 3:29 PM EST
Pat Burns and Bill McCreary also join this monster class.
Oct 24, 2012, 8:30 AM EST
Wonder what the sound of an entire fan base smashing their computer is like?
Jul 16, 2012, 2:15 PM EST
47-year-old training daily, has hired goalie coach.
Jul 13, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
Ritch Winter believes his 47-year-old client can still play in the best league in the world.
May 30, 2012, 2:44 PM EST
Though at age 47, he’d probably only make it as a backup.
May 27, 2012, 6:00 PM EST
You know you were wondering the same thing, don’t deny it.
May 25, 2012, 12:05 PM EST
Hasn’t played in the league since 2007-08, with Detroit.
Feb 4, 2012, 10:48 PM EST
Ryan Miller hasn’t had an ideal season, but he made his mark on history Saturday.
Jan 6, 2012, 8:53 AM EST
Miller is just three wins shy of breaking Hasek’s Sabres record for wins.
Jan 6, 2012, 7:31 AM EST
“Kiss it, Kessel?” Leaf baiting just hit an all-time low. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 27, 2011, 6:11 PM EST
Former Buffalo great had a streak to remember.
Dec 20, 2011, 8:29 AM EST
Wonder how the starting goalie feels with those fresh tire tracks across his back.
Nov 30, 2011, 9:29 AM EST
Remember the story where Ryan Miller reportedly would’ve been OK with a trade? Yeah, he doesn’t want to go anywhere.
Nov 16, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Who knew that Evgeni Nabokov had Hasek-like reflexes?
Nov 3, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Yes, it’s true, Dan Carcillo used to be an altar boy when he was a kid. Up is down, left is right… and this is PHT’s Morning Skate from Bizarro World.
Nov 2, 2011, 11:40 PM EST
It wasn’t a great night for Martin Brodeur, but if you want hope that he still might “have it,” just watch this save in an endless loop.
Sep 19, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Tim Thomas accomplished just about everything a goalie could imagine last year, so one cannot help but wonder how he can top it. How about winning the Hart Trophy, then?
Sep 2, 2011, 7:52 PM EST
The good news for Manny Legace is that he’s getting a tryout to rejoin the NHL. The bad news is that it’s with the Vancouver Canucks.
Sep 1, 2011, 2:24 PM EST
Chris Osgood’s life after retirement is starting quickly as he’s going from playing goal to coaching the position.
Aug 9, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Buffalo started off looking one way, wandered off trying to find themselves, only to figure out in the end that nothing beats the original, especially when you try to snazzy things up with pair of brand new looks that stunk.
Jul 19, 2011, 12:35 PM EST
Red Wings goalie Chris Osgood will hang it up after 17 seasons in the NHL and a strange, winning career. Is he a Hall of Famer though?
Jul 11, 2011, 11:33 PM EST
Along with naming legends like Bobby Orr and Guy Lafleur, NHL.com also tabbed Alex Ovechkin and Pavel Datsyuk for its list of the most exciting players of all-time.
Jun 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Tim Thomas is putting together the kind of run that is drawing comparisons to the best work of Patrick Roy and Dominik Hasek. If you look at the numbers (and his highlight reel saves) it’s clear that those comparisons aren’t out of order.
May 24, 2011, 2:26 PM EST
Intentionally or not, Tim Thomas gave the Lightning bulletin board material going into Game 5. Then he muted their comments with an outstanding 33-save performance, highlighting an already-impressive playoff run.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 3
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 14
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 26
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)