Jun 23, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
Pat Burns and Bill McCreary also join this monster class.
Oct 24, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
Wonder what the sound of an entire fan base smashing their computer is like?
Jul 16, 2012, 2:15 PM EDT
47-year-old training daily, has hired goalie coach.
Jul 13, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Ritch Winter believes his 47-year-old client can still play in the best league in the world.
May 30, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Though at age 47, he’d probably only make it as a backup.
May 27, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
You know you were wondering the same thing, don’t deny it.
May 25, 2012, 12:05 PM EDT
Hasn’t played in the league since 2007-08, with Detroit.
Feb 4, 2012, 10:48 PM EDT
Ryan Miller hasn’t had an ideal season, but he made his mark on history Saturday.
Jan 6, 2012, 8:53 AM EDT
Miller is just three wins shy of breaking Hasek’s Sabres record for wins.
Jan 6, 2012, 7:31 AM EDT
“Kiss it, Kessel?” Leaf baiting just hit an all-time low. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 27, 2011, 6:11 PM EDT
Former Buffalo great had a streak to remember.
Dec 20, 2011, 8:29 AM EDT
Wonder how the starting goalie feels with those fresh tire tracks across his back.
Nov 30, 2011, 9:29 AM EDT
Remember the story where Ryan Miller reportedly would’ve been OK with a trade? Yeah, he doesn’t want to go anywhere.
Nov 16, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Who knew that Evgeni Nabokov had Hasek-like reflexes?
Nov 3, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Yes, it’s true, Dan Carcillo used to be an altar boy when he was a kid. Up is down, left is right… and this is PHT’s Morning Skate from Bizarro World.
Nov 2, 2011, 11:40 PM EDT
It wasn’t a great night for Martin Brodeur, but if you want hope that he still might “have it,” just watch this save in an endless loop.
Sep 19, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Tim Thomas accomplished just about everything a goalie could imagine last year, so one cannot help but wonder how he can top it. How about winning the Hart Trophy, then?
Sep 2, 2011, 7:52 PM EDT
The good news for Manny Legace is that he’s getting a tryout to rejoin the NHL. The bad news is that it’s with the Vancouver Canucks.
Sep 1, 2011, 2:24 PM EDT
Chris Osgood’s life after retirement is starting quickly as he’s going from playing goal to coaching the position.
Aug 9, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Buffalo started off looking one way, wandered off trying to find themselves, only to figure out in the end that nothing beats the original, especially when you try to snazzy things up with pair of brand new looks that stunk.
Jul 19, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
Red Wings goalie Chris Osgood will hang it up after 17 seasons in the NHL and a strange, winning career. Is he a Hall of Famer though?
Jul 11, 2011, 11:33 PM EDT
Along with naming legends like Bobby Orr and Guy Lafleur, NHL.com also tabbed Alex Ovechkin and Pavel Datsyuk for its list of the most exciting players of all-time.
Jun 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Tim Thomas is putting together the kind of run that is drawing comparisons to the best work of Patrick Roy and Dominik Hasek. If you look at the numbers (and his highlight reel saves) it’s clear that those comparisons aren’t out of order.
May 24, 2011, 2:26 PM EDT
Intentionally or not, Tim Thomas gave the Lightning bulletin board material going into Game 5. Then he muted their comments with an outstanding 33-save performance, highlighting an already-impressive playoff run.
Apr 9, 2011, 5:21 PM EDT
Tim Thomas broke Dominik Hasek’s record for highest save percentage in a NHL season after Boston beat Ottawa 3-1 today.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)