Jan 22, 2012, 11:50 PM EST
Michalek’s hearing is in the morning while Ovechkin will discuss his hit in the afternoon.
Jan 2, 2012, 10:32 PM EST
He actually hurt himself along with Gilbert with that foolish check.
Jan 2, 2012, 10:05 PM EST
This probably won’t be enough to teach him a lesson.
Sep 22, 2011, 5:04 PM EST
Speculation increases about the possible length of Jody Shelley’s suspension as the Flyers forward decided to waive his right for an in-person interview on the matter.
Sep 5, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Jesse Boulerice made headlines for all the wrong reasons during his hockey career, but he’ll leave the sport in a strange way.
Aug 31, 2011, 11:18 AM EST
Zack Kassian hopes to bring his grit and size to a finesse-centric group of Sabres forwards, but he’ll have to find the right balance between being physical and going over the line with his bone-crushing hits.
Aug 23, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
Matt Cooke seems like he wants to change his dirty-hitting ways next season, even if many won’t forgive him for his many mistakes.
Jun 17, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
We’re sure the news of Trevor Gillies re-signing with the New York Islanders will be a big hit in Pittsburgh as the overtly physical forward gets likely his last chance to get it together as a pro.
Apr 24, 2011, 5:29 PM EST
The Flyers stormed back to tie the game up 3-3 in the second period, but the Sabres gained revenge on a dirty Mike Richards hit when Nathan Gerbe made in 4-3. The Flyers must score in the third period to keep their season alive.
Mar 20, 2011, 3:25 PM EST
Another dirty hit by Matt Cooke and an ill-timed high-sticking penalty by Matt Niskanen turned the tide of this afternoon’s Rangers-Penguins game, as ample PP time allowed New York to eventually win 5-2. The question is: what – if anything – will the NHL do about another ugly Cooke hit?
Mar 8, 2011, 9:39 PM EST
Max Pacioretty left the Bruins-Habs game on a stretcher tonight, as Zdeno Chara caught him with a brutal hit in an awkward spot.
Feb 9, 2011, 11:52 AM EST
Penguins pariah Matt Cooke finds himself in yet another dirty hit discussion and this time the excuses don’t fly. It’s time for the league to make a stand.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)