Jan 22, 2012, 11:50 PM EST
Michalek’s hearing is in the morning while Ovechkin will discuss his hit in the afternoon.
Jan 2, 2012, 10:32 PM EST
He actually hurt himself along with Gilbert with that foolish check.
Jan 2, 2012, 10:05 PM EST
This probably won’t be enough to teach him a lesson.
Sep 22, 2011, 5:04 PM EST
Speculation increases about the possible length of Jody Shelley’s suspension as the Flyers forward decided to waive his right for an in-person interview on the matter.
Sep 5, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Jesse Boulerice made headlines for all the wrong reasons during his hockey career, but he’ll leave the sport in a strange way.
Aug 31, 2011, 11:18 AM EST
Zack Kassian hopes to bring his grit and size to a finesse-centric group of Sabres forwards, but he’ll have to find the right balance between being physical and going over the line with his bone-crushing hits.
Aug 23, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
Matt Cooke seems like he wants to change his dirty-hitting ways next season, even if many won’t forgive him for his many mistakes.
Jun 17, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
We’re sure the news of Trevor Gillies re-signing with the New York Islanders will be a big hit in Pittsburgh as the overtly physical forward gets likely his last chance to get it together as a pro.
Apr 24, 2011, 5:29 PM EST
The Flyers stormed back to tie the game up 3-3 in the second period, but the Sabres gained revenge on a dirty Mike Richards hit when Nathan Gerbe made in 4-3. The Flyers must score in the third period to keep their season alive.
Mar 20, 2011, 3:25 PM EST
Another dirty hit by Matt Cooke and an ill-timed high-sticking penalty by Matt Niskanen turned the tide of this afternoon’s Rangers-Penguins game, as ample PP time allowed New York to eventually win 5-2. The question is: what – if anything – will the NHL do about another ugly Cooke hit?
Mar 8, 2011, 9:39 PM EST
Max Pacioretty left the Bruins-Habs game on a stretcher tonight, as Zdeno Chara caught him with a brutal hit in an awkward spot.
Feb 9, 2011, 11:52 AM EST
Penguins pariah Matt Cooke finds himself in yet another dirty hit discussion and this time the excuses don’t fly. It’s time for the league to make a stand.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 4
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 19
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)