Jan 22, 2012, 11:50 PM EDT
Michalek’s hearing is in the morning while Ovechkin will discuss his hit in the afternoon.
Jan 2, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
He actually hurt himself along with Gilbert with that foolish check.
Jan 2, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
This probably won’t be enough to teach him a lesson.
Sep 22, 2011, 5:04 PM EDT
Speculation increases about the possible length of Jody Shelley’s suspension as the Flyers forward decided to waive his right for an in-person interview on the matter.
Sep 5, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Jesse Boulerice made headlines for all the wrong reasons during his hockey career, but he’ll leave the sport in a strange way.
Aug 31, 2011, 11:18 AM EDT
Zack Kassian hopes to bring his grit and size to a finesse-centric group of Sabres forwards, but he’ll have to find the right balance between being physical and going over the line with his bone-crushing hits.
Aug 23, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
Matt Cooke seems like he wants to change his dirty-hitting ways next season, even if many won’t forgive him for his many mistakes.
Jun 17, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
We’re sure the news of Trevor Gillies re-signing with the New York Islanders will be a big hit in Pittsburgh as the overtly physical forward gets likely his last chance to get it together as a pro.
Apr 24, 2011, 5:29 PM EDT
The Flyers stormed back to tie the game up 3-3 in the second period, but the Sabres gained revenge on a dirty Mike Richards hit when Nathan Gerbe made in 4-3. The Flyers must score in the third period to keep their season alive.
Mar 20, 2011, 3:25 PM EDT
Another dirty hit by Matt Cooke and an ill-timed high-sticking penalty by Matt Niskanen turned the tide of this afternoon’s Rangers-Penguins game, as ample PP time allowed New York to eventually win 5-2. The question is: what – if anything – will the NHL do about another ugly Cooke hit?
Mar 8, 2011, 9:39 PM EDT
Max Pacioretty left the Bruins-Habs game on a stretcher tonight, as Zdeno Chara caught him with a brutal hit in an awkward spot.
Feb 9, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
Penguins pariah Matt Cooke finds himself in yet another dirty hit discussion and this time the excuses don’t fly. It’s time for the league to make a stand.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)