Jan 9, 2012, 9:58 AM EDT
It took half the season, but the Blue Jackets finally made the move they had to.
Jan 6, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
As evidenced by his 10-24-5 record.
Dec 18, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Does Turris understand that there will be more pressure in Canada?
Dec 6, 2011, 8:59 PM EDT
Seguin missed a team breakfast and meeting. Now he’ll miss the team’s game as well.
Dec 6, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
Carolina threw in an old bird cage, but Columbus still passed.
Dec 6, 2011, 12:59 PM EDT
Your move, Allan Walsh.
Dec 3, 2011, 12:10 PM EDT
Derick Brassard is unhappy in Columbus and Ottawa apparently can’t help but be interested in him.
Dec 1, 2011, 7:09 PM EDT
Which is fairly newsworthy considering Brassard plays for Columbus.
Nov 17, 2011, 2:58 PM EDT
He should be feeling heat over that beard.
Oct 3, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Newcomers Jeff Carter and James Wisniewski had Blue Jackets fans hoping for a playoff spot this season. But without a better effort from Steve Mason in net, none of the offseason moves will make a difference.
Sep 15, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Ryan Johansen has been making an impression with Columbus management and may earn a spot with the big club this season. Since the team picked up Jeff Carter during the offseason, he won’t be saddled with the pressure of a top-6 role.
Jul 23, 2011, 1:46 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets needed to find a way to replace Kristian Huselius and did so by signing former Rangers forward Vinny Prospal.
Jul 13, 2011, 9:27 PM EDT
After battling ankle and hip injuries last season, Columbus Blue Jackets forward Kristian Huselius has torn a pectoral muscle and will miss 4-6 months.
Jul 10, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
A report sheds some light on James Wisniewski’s potential role with the Blue Jackets. PHT provides some insight regarding how the addition of Wisniewski and Jeff Carter changes the dynamic in Columbus.
Jun 9, 2011, 8:38 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets are rumored to throw this package deal at the Flyers for Jeff Carter: Jakub Voracek and the eight pick of the 2011 draft. This post discusses why this rumored trade might make sense for both sides.
May 11, 2011, 11:28 AM EDT
While the NHL is busy dealing with ugly owner situations in Phoenix and Atlanta, the Columbus Blue Jackets are flying under the radar as a major money loser as well.
Feb 17, 2011, 11:50 AM EDT
Derick Brassard’s bad injury luck strikes again putting him on the IR for 2-3 weeks. Bad timing couldn’t be worse for Columbus.
Feb 9, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Wondering what Columbus’ Rick Nash has been up to lately? Apparently he’s been working on his “score from a crazy angle and put the puck in the one spot the goalie isn’t covering” shot. It came in handy last night against Pittsburgh.
Nov 28, 2010, 8:08 PM EDT
The Red Wings gained a four point advantage – and a substantial mental edge – by winning their home-and-home series against the Blue Jackets.
Nov 3, 2010, 10:25 AM EDT[kml_flashembedmovie="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="245" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" fvars="hlg=20102011,2,161&event=CBJ92&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"/]
We’ve lauded Carey Price enough here lately for his efforts in a losing game, but someone had to score on him, right? Well, three different Blue Jackets did in their 3-0 win over Montreal and the goal that Jakub Voracek and Derick Brassard teamed up on was a true beauty. What starts with Voracek’s rush…
Nov 2, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Derick Brassard wants to apologize for comments he made to a Montreal radio show … but not before he claims that they were just trying to make headlines.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 4
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 6
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 15
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 34
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 32
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 88
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)