Dec 21, 2011, 8:57 AM EDT
Losses can get turned around, but playing soft is something else entirely.
Dec 19, 2011, 6:46 PM EDT
The Sabres are a little too top-heavy at the moment.
Dec 9, 2011, 11:13 PM EDT
Florida is tied for the top spot in the East, so they’ll survive tonight’s OT loss.
Nov 15, 2011, 12:16 AM EDT
Amid plenty of criticism and a good deal of mockery, the Sabres put all that aside and beat the Canadiens on Monday.
Nov 7, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Wondering who’s dominating the scoring lead this year? Think young. Wonder who made save of the night? Think really old. That and more in our Morning Skate.
Oct 6, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
The Sabres will head into the season with a new captain in Jason Pominville and an army of alternates to back him up.
Sep 30, 2011, 9:10 PM EDT
The Sabres made three splashy moves during the 2011 off-season, but will they match all that style with on-ice substance? PHT previews their 2011-12 campaign.
Sep 21, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Last year’s Hobey Baker winner Andy Miele looks to earn a roster spot in Phoenix this year. For a man with this much heart and skill, it’s going to to be tough for Don Maloney and the rest of the Coyotes’ management to deny him the opportunity.
Sep 12, 2011, 10:15 PM EDT
The Sabres, Avalanche, Panthers, Islanders, Devils and Flyers are the six NHL teams without a captain at this time. PHT provides suggestions for the direction of each club in this post.
Jun 3, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
The Sabres wrapped up pending restricted free agent Drew Stafford to a four-year deal reportedly worth $16 million today.
Apr 27, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
While the Sabres forced a Game 7 against Philly, the reasons why they ultimately lost out are pretty simple.
Apr 25, 2011, 2:28 AM EDT
While the Sabres are likely to be without Tim Connolly in Game 7 after being hit from behind by Mike Richards, they’re going to get Derek Roy back for Game 7 on Tuesday.
Apr 23, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Jason Pominville will be out for Game 6 in Buffalo after getting his leg cut by a skate in Game 5. It’s possible he could be out for longer as well.
Apr 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Home ice advantage is apparently a joke in the NHL playoffs this year. Speaking of jokes, hey the Flyers goaltending everyone. Those thoughts plus more on Tyler Ennis, David Legwand, and Jordin Tootoo.
Apr 21, 2011, 8:46 PM EDT
The Sabres made it to the playoffs without Derek Roy out of the mix since December 23, but chances are, they’d like to have their top center back. One report indicates he might be able to come back soon.
Dec 24, 2010, 1:54 PM EDT
Derek Roy’s season is as close to over as it can be after suffering a torn quad tendon that will put him on the shelf for 4-6 months.
Dec 23, 2010, 11:15 PM EDT
It’s not clear how long Derek Roy will be injured, but the underrated center left the Sabres’ game against the Panthers tonight and coach Lindy Ruff said it looked serious.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 3
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)