May 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
There are plenty of angry Capitals fans calling for Bruce Boudreau’s head, but the smart choice would be to give him one more chance to make it work.
Apr 25, 2011, 6:23 PM EST
Good thing for the Caps they’ve got some time off before the start of the second round as it gives Mike Knuble and Dennis Wideman free time to get healthy.
Apr 13, 2011, 4:14 PM EST
Caps coach Bruce Boudreau is thinking injured defenseman Dennis Wideman will be back in three weeks from a hematoma. He’s also hoping the Caps will still be playing hockey then.
Apr 11, 2011, 4:27 PM EST
Caps defenseman Mike Green is officially ready to play again and will get the start in Game 1 against New York on Wednesday.
Apr 6, 2011, 7:24 PM EST
It’s a good thing that the Capitals will get Mike Green back on Saturday, because fellow offensive defenseman Dennis Wideman won’t be able to play in Washington’s first round series.
Apr 6, 2011, 2:13 PM EST
Caps defenseman Mike Green is shaping up to be back in the lineup on Saturday. Nothing beats getting a top player back in time for the playoffs, eh?
Apr 1, 2011, 12:08 AM EST
Things weren’t looking great for Dennis Wideman to begin with, but the news got worse: he’s been hospitalized with hematoma in his injured leg. Click “read more” for some “gruesome” details.
Mar 31, 2011, 11:28 AM EST
Dennis Wideman was acquired to help the Caps take the heat off with Mike Green out. Now they’re back to square one with Wideman out injured week-to-week.
Caps injury news: Alex Ovechkin returns to practice; Mike Green skates but isn’t sure when he’ll be back
Mar 28, 2011, 2:12 PM EST
Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin hit the ice today for practice and might be back tomorrow against Carolina. Meanwhile, Mike Green skated but is not sure when he’ll be back.
Mar 2, 2011, 10:00 PM EST
This week, Mike Milbury answers your questions about whether or not the Caps and Stars made the right moves at the trade deadline.
Feb 28, 2011, 3:27 PM EST
Looking for all the deals and rumors that go down on deadline day? We’ve got them all here.
Feb 28, 2011, 12:01 PM EST
The Caps got one part of their needs settled on deadline day acquiring defenseman Dennis Wideman from Florida.
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 1
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 44
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (46)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)