Feb 14, 2012, 1:43 PM EST
The Capitals’ GM is reportedly “burning up the phone lines” prior to the Feb. 27 trade deadline.
Feb 11, 2012, 8:42 PM EST
Washington and New York tangle for the third time this season.
Jan 29, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
Curious who is playing with who today? Sure you are.
Jan 28, 2012, 9:48 PM EST
B’s captain breaks his own mark in dramatic fashion.
Jan 27, 2012, 4:24 PM EST
Participants named for fastest skater, breakaway challenge, accuracy shooting, challenge relay, hardest shot and elimination shootout.
Jan 27, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Also, something about Lupul and Hartnell “playing swords.” (Their words.)
Jan 26, 2012, 10:48 PM EST
Which roster should dominate the skills competition and All-Star Game? Vote in the polls.
Jan 12, 2012, 9:13 PM EST
The Capitals placed him on the LTIR, so he’ll miss a minimum of eight more games.
Jan 12, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
He thought he’d been traded.
Jan 12, 2012, 1:08 PM EST
And yes, Alex Ovechkin made it.
Dec 29, 2011, 2:47 PM EST
He’s hoping to return next week.
Dec 22, 2011, 1:53 PM EST
So that’s good news.
Dec 12, 2011, 1:37 PM EST
In a related story, Jay Feaster re-iterates he’s not trading him.
Dec 12, 2011, 11:35 AM EST
Mike Green hasn’t been skating with the team lately and that’s got people in Washington worried.
Dec 10, 2011, 11:24 AM EST
Dennis Wideman thought he had a hat trick last night.
Dec 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Terry Murray talks about the culture of hitting in the NHL, the Jets fly high and it’s never too early for Hart Trophy discussions in Saturday’s Morning Skate.
Dec 9, 2011, 11:52 PM EST
Ovi accidentally bumped into a linesman in an amusing situation, but his matchup with Phaneuf was all business.
Dec 9, 2011, 9:52 PM EST
Washington scores four power-play goals and generally gives some reason for optimism, although there are a few caveats.
Nov 30, 2011, 7:09 PM EST
Assistant Bob Woods is out, Jim Johnson is in.
Nov 15, 2011, 6:28 PM EST
One of junior hockey’s greatest teams is well represented in the NHL.
Oct 27, 2011, 12:11 PM EST
It had been a little too easy for Washington so far this year, hasn’t it? That all changes with Mike Green likely being out tonight.
Sep 22, 2011, 10:44 AM EST
The Capitals are finally going to use Alex Ovechkin where he should be on the power play – close to the net, rather than in a less effective role on the PP point.
Sep 9, 2011, 10:35 PM EST
Dennis Wideman finally gets on the ice after suffering a hemotoma last season against the Carolina Hurricanes… and we explain what a hematoma is.
Jul 14, 2011, 11:32 AM EST
The Capitals are wise to resist the urge to “blow things up” after a few disappointments, as owner Ted Leonsis points out that their window to win a title could be open for “10-15 years.”
Jun 4, 2011, 10:12 AM EST
Putting enormous defenseman Zdeno Chara in front of opposing goalies on the power play seems like a great idea, but it doesn’t seem to work in reality. (At least with the group of players the Bruins have available.)
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)