Jan 28, 2012, 9:48 PM EST
B’s captain breaks his own mark in dramatic fashion.
Jan 27, 2012, 4:24 PM EST
Participants named for fastest skater, breakaway challenge, accuracy shooting, challenge relay, hardest shot and elimination shootout.
Jan 27, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Also, something about Lupul and Hartnell “playing swords.” (Their words.)
Jan 26, 2012, 10:48 PM EST
Which roster should dominate the skills competition and All-Star Game? Vote in the polls.
Jan 12, 2012, 9:13 PM EST
The Capitals placed him on the LTIR, so he’ll miss a minimum of eight more games.
Jan 12, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
He thought he’d been traded.
Jan 12, 2012, 1:08 PM EST
And yes, Alex Ovechkin made it.
Dec 29, 2011, 2:47 PM EST
He’s hoping to return next week.
Dec 22, 2011, 1:53 PM EST
So that’s good news.
Dec 12, 2011, 1:37 PM EST
In a related story, Jay Feaster re-iterates he’s not trading him.
Dec 12, 2011, 11:35 AM EST
Mike Green hasn’t been skating with the team lately and that’s got people in Washington worried.
Dec 10, 2011, 11:24 AM EST
Dennis Wideman thought he had a hat trick last night.
Dec 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Terry Murray talks about the culture of hitting in the NHL, the Jets fly high and it’s never too early for Hart Trophy discussions in Saturday’s Morning Skate.
Dec 9, 2011, 11:52 PM EST
Ovi accidentally bumped into a linesman in an amusing situation, but his matchup with Phaneuf was all business.
Dec 9, 2011, 9:52 PM EST
Washington scores four power-play goals and generally gives some reason for optimism, although there are a few caveats.
Nov 30, 2011, 7:09 PM EST
Assistant Bob Woods is out, Jim Johnson is in.
Nov 15, 2011, 6:28 PM EST
One of junior hockey’s greatest teams is well represented in the NHL.
Oct 27, 2011, 12:11 PM EST
It had been a little too easy for Washington so far this year, hasn’t it? That all changes with Mike Green likely being out tonight.
Sep 22, 2011, 10:44 AM EST
The Capitals are finally going to use Alex Ovechkin where he should be on the power play – close to the net, rather than in a less effective role on the PP point.
Sep 9, 2011, 10:35 PM EST
Dennis Wideman finally gets on the ice after suffering a hemotoma last season against the Carolina Hurricanes… and we explain what a hematoma is.
Jul 14, 2011, 11:32 AM EST
The Capitals are wise to resist the urge to “blow things up” after a few disappointments, as owner Ted Leonsis points out that their window to win a title could be open for “10-15 years.”
Jun 4, 2011, 10:12 AM EST
Putting enormous defenseman Zdeno Chara in front of opposing goalies on the power play seems like a great idea, but it doesn’t seem to work in reality. (At least with the group of players the Bruins have available.)
Jun 1, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
It would be bad enough if you judged the Cam Neely trade just by how his career (and Glen Wesley’s seven seasons) compared to Barry Pederson’s time. Yet when you follow all the assets the Bruins received thanks to trading Wesley later on, it’s clear Boston continues to benefit from that move.
May 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
There are plenty of angry Capitals fans calling for Bruce Boudreau’s head, but the smart choice would be to give him one more chance to make it work.
Apr 25, 2011, 6:23 PM EST
Good thing for the Caps they’ve got some time off before the start of the second round as it gives Mike Knuble and Dennis Wideman free time to get healthy.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)