Jan 12, 2012, 1:08 PM EST
And yes, Alex Ovechkin made it.
Dec 29, 2011, 2:47 PM EST
He’s hoping to return next week.
Dec 22, 2011, 1:53 PM EST
So that’s good news.
Dec 12, 2011, 1:37 PM EST
In a related story, Jay Feaster re-iterates he’s not trading him.
Dec 12, 2011, 11:35 AM EST
Mike Green hasn’t been skating with the team lately and that’s got people in Washington worried.
Dec 10, 2011, 11:24 AM EST
Dennis Wideman thought he had a hat trick last night.
Dec 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Terry Murray talks about the culture of hitting in the NHL, the Jets fly high and it’s never too early for Hart Trophy discussions in Saturday’s Morning Skate.
Dec 9, 2011, 11:52 PM EST
Ovi accidentally bumped into a linesman in an amusing situation, but his matchup with Phaneuf was all business.
Dec 9, 2011, 9:52 PM EST
Washington scores four power-play goals and generally gives some reason for optimism, although there are a few caveats.
Nov 30, 2011, 7:09 PM EST
Assistant Bob Woods is out, Jim Johnson is in.
Nov 15, 2011, 6:28 PM EST
One of junior hockey’s greatest teams is well represented in the NHL.
Oct 27, 2011, 12:11 PM EST
It had been a little too easy for Washington so far this year, hasn’t it? That all changes with Mike Green likely being out tonight.
Sep 22, 2011, 10:44 AM EST
The Capitals are finally going to use Alex Ovechkin where he should be on the power play – close to the net, rather than in a less effective role on the PP point.
Sep 9, 2011, 10:35 PM EST
Dennis Wideman finally gets on the ice after suffering a hemotoma last season against the Carolina Hurricanes… and we explain what a hematoma is.
Jul 14, 2011, 11:32 AM EST
The Capitals are wise to resist the urge to “blow things up” after a few disappointments, as owner Ted Leonsis points out that their window to win a title could be open for “10-15 years.”
Jun 4, 2011, 10:12 AM EST
Putting enormous defenseman Zdeno Chara in front of opposing goalies on the power play seems like a great idea, but it doesn’t seem to work in reality. (At least with the group of players the Bruins have available.)
Jun 1, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
It would be bad enough if you judged the Cam Neely trade just by how his career (and Glen Wesley’s seven seasons) compared to Barry Pederson’s time. Yet when you follow all the assets the Bruins received thanks to trading Wesley later on, it’s clear Boston continues to benefit from that move.
May 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
There are plenty of angry Capitals fans calling for Bruce Boudreau’s head, but the smart choice would be to give him one more chance to make it work.
Apr 25, 2011, 6:23 PM EST
Good thing for the Caps they’ve got some time off before the start of the second round as it gives Mike Knuble and Dennis Wideman free time to get healthy.
Apr 13, 2011, 4:14 PM EST
Caps coach Bruce Boudreau is thinking injured defenseman Dennis Wideman will be back in three weeks from a hematoma. He’s also hoping the Caps will still be playing hockey then.
Apr 11, 2011, 4:27 PM EST
Caps defenseman Mike Green is officially ready to play again and will get the start in Game 1 against New York on Wednesday.
Apr 6, 2011, 7:24 PM EST
It’s a good thing that the Capitals will get Mike Green back on Saturday, because fellow offensive defenseman Dennis Wideman won’t be able to play in Washington’s first round series.
Apr 6, 2011, 2:13 PM EST
Caps defenseman Mike Green is shaping up to be back in the lineup on Saturday. Nothing beats getting a top player back in time for the playoffs, eh?
Apr 1, 2011, 12:08 AM EST
Things weren’t looking great for Dennis Wideman to begin with, but the news got worse: he’s been hospitalized with hematoma in his injured leg. Click “read more” for some “gruesome” details.
Mar 31, 2011, 11:28 AM EST
Dennis Wideman was acquired to help the Caps take the heat off with Mike Green out. Now they’re back to square one with Wideman out injured week-to-week.
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 0
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 2
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 12
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 82
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)