May 31, 2012, 1:08 PM EDT
No more Nicklas Lidstrom means a serious challenge for GM Ken Holland.
May 22, 2012, 10:45 AM EDT
The Capitals will have other pressing needs to address first, however.
May 22, 2012, 7:35 AM EDT
They feel like they know what they have to do. That and more in the Morning Skate.
May 18, 2012, 12:53 PM EDT
26-year-old blueliner is a RFA.
May 16, 2012, 5:48 PM EDT
Enjoyed an outstanding regular season, but struggled in the playoffs.
May 16, 2012, 5:19 PM EDT
The 27-year-old is a UFA on July 1.
May 15, 2012, 12:36 AM EDT
Breaking down the Caps’ conundrum.
May 12, 2012, 10:52 PM EDT
Washington goes into the off-season with plenty of questions, starting with who will be behind the bench.
May 12, 2012, 10:35 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin’s Capitals still don’t know the glory of the conference finals.
May 5, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
The Caps are 1-10 with the man advantage in the series.
May 3, 2012, 1:36 AM EDT
Is Washington’s 2-1 triple OT loss a character builder or a death sentence?
May 3, 2012, 12:39 AM EDT
Stu Bickel had less than four minutes of ice time. In a three-OT game. Seriously.
Apr 28, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
“I thought I played well. I was happy with my series.”
Apr 25, 2012, 11:17 PM EDT
Can the Capitals keep winning this way?
Apr 21, 2012, 11:12 AM EDT
The Bruins have scored seven goals and he’s been on the ice for five of them.
Apr 19, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
Can the young Capitals’ goaltender get Washington past the first round?
Apr 19, 2012, 8:41 PM EDT
He has been on the ice for all of Boston’s even strength goals.
Apr 12, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
“They’re knowledgeable hockey fans, so I assumed they weren’t too happy with the way I was playing.”
Apr 7, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
Panthers’ longest-tenured player excited for his first-ever postseason.
Mar 26, 2012, 1:49 PM EDT
A Selke-caliber play by the Great 8.
Mar 9, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
The two defensemen are the team’s third and fourth leading scorers this season.
Feb 27, 2012, 8:40 PM EDT
No bold moves, but this bold statement: the Capitals could beat “any team” in the East with a healthy Nicklas Backstrom.
Feb 22, 2012, 1:57 PM EDT
Veteran rearguard a healthy scratch tonight, could be on the move.
Feb 21, 2012, 8:56 PM EDT
Should Capitals be buyers or sellers?
Feb 20, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
He played 14:14 in his first game back after sports hernia surgery.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 1
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 4
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 26
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)