demotions to AHL
Mar 5, 2011, 9:31 PM EDT
Ray Emery’s hopeful NHL comeback was put on hold, as the Ducks sent him to their minor league affiliate the Syracuse Crunch.
Jan 3, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
Michael Del Zotto’s sophomore slump spurred the Rangers to send him down to the AHL today.
Dec 1, 2010, 3:13 PM EDT
Ales Hemsky should play while Nikolai Khabibulin will suit up as a backup for the Edmonton Oilers. Martin Gerber was demoted to the AHL.
Dec 1, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
Some minor moves from the St. Louis Blues: they called up Stefan Della Rovere and Dave Scatchard, demoted T.J. Hensick and Chris Porter and put David Perron on the IR.
Nov 12, 2010, 12:24 PM EDT
In what some are calling a move that smells like desperation, the Toronto Maple Leafs brought up Nazem Kadri from the minors. Will the move backfire or save Brian Burke?
Oct 13, 2010, 8:14 PM EDT
With team captain/grossly overpaid center/Little League World Series hero Chris Drury primed to return to the New York Rangers for Friday’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, someone had to go. It almost seems natural that Tim Kennedy – a player whose modest arbitration reward was rejected by his former team, the Buffalo Sabres –…
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)