Jun 21, 2011, 12:52 AM EDT
Multiple outlets are reporting that LA Kings left winger Ryan Smyth has asked management for a trade… to Edmonton.
Jun 19, 2011, 10:01 AM EDT
While other teams have taken the steps to lock down their franchise restricted free agents, the Kings are apparently going for the gusto with their own in Drew Doughty.
Jun 2, 2011, 11:16 PM EDT
Now that the Dallas Stars are going to part ways with upcoming unrestricted free agent Brad Richards, our minds drift off wondering about where he’ll land next season and beyond.
Apr 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Today’s Five Thoughts focuses in on Chicago’s heart of a champion and Vancouver’s ability to look oddly like Canucks teams from the last two years.
Apr 15, 2011, 5:35 PM EDT
The Kings will be without Jarret Stoll for Game 2 of their series with San Jose as the NHL suspended him for one game for his hit on Sharks defenseman Ian White. Is it finally Brayden Schenn time in L.A.?
Apr 13, 2011, 2:53 AM EDT
Kings prospect Brayden Schenn just might end up being their secret weapon in the playoffs. As with most things dealing with rookies, there’s a big catch to the possibility.
Mar 3, 2011, 8:51 PM EDT
Dustin Penner is set to make his Los Angeles Kings debut tonight against the Phoenix Coyotes. On paper, he’s a perfect fit; but only time will tell if the Kings thrive with the power forward in the line-up.
Feb 28, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
This time around, the Kings got the biggest name in a trade with the Oilers. Dustin Penner isn’t a superstar, but he’s a huge addition … who came at a big price. Check out this post for the details.
Feb 28, 2011, 10:21 AM EDT
So far, the Kings’ biggest move hasn’t been a trade, but rather signing Justin Williams to a four-year, $14.6 million extension. Williams is a great player … when he’s healthy, but is this is a good gamble for the Kings?
Feb 22, 2011, 5:12 PM EDT
The Kings have come a long way by taking a slow and steady approach, but is it time for GM Dean Lombardi to be bold?
Jan 21, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
Dean Lombardi’s apologized for what he said about Mike Murphy and now he’ll pay for it to the tune of $50,000.
Jan 21, 2011, 3:23 PM EDT
After sleeping off the hangover of the Kings 2-0 loss to Phoenix, Kings GM Dean Lombardi feels bad about what he said after the game.
Jan 21, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
The magic of photography captures something that neither the referees on the ice nor replay officials were able to see: Martin Hanzal’s high-sticking goal.
Jan 21, 2011, 6:13 AM EDT
Martin Hanzal’s controversial second period goal has Kings GM Dean Lombardi steaming mad about the Toronto war room reviewing the call.
Jan 9, 2011, 3:18 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings took care of one potential off-season headache tonight by locking up defenseman Jack Johnson to a seven-year extension. Next up: Drew Doughty.
Dec 11, 2010, 7:27 PM EDT
The long awaited deal sending Marco Sturm to Los Angeles has finally happened.
Oct 30, 2010, 9:10 PM EDT
Tonight’s game between the Devils and Kings could’ve seen Ilya Kovalchuk playing against the team that traded for him last year. Alas, for the Kings, it’s a match up against the biggest star to spurn them this summer.
Oct 20, 2010, 11:31 PM EDT
On paper, adding Ilya Kovalchuk to the Los Angeles Kings seemed like a no-brainer. I still remember the general consensus: sure, it might make it tougher to retain the team’s second-tier young players (Drew Doughty wasn’t – and isn’t – going anywhere) but sometimes you have to break a few prospect eggs to make a…
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)